Good luck niko

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:04 pm

Pompey sign Kranjčar

Hajduk Split midfielder Niko Kranjcar has signed a four-year deal with Premiership side Portsmouth.

The 22-year-old passed a medical in Zagreb ahead of Croatia's Euro 2008 qualifier with Russia.

Pompey turned to him after missing out on Celtic's Bulgaria star Stilian Petrov, who has signed for Aston Villa.

Kranjcar, who has been in Croatia's side since he was a teenager, starred at the World Cup and had been linked with Juventus, Real Madrid and Celtic.

He is the son of Zlatko Kranjcar, who was Croatia's coach at the World Cup but was replaced by former West Ham and Everton defender Slaven Bilic after their failure in Germany

------------------------------------

I'm really pleased for the lad. He had one or two bright moments at the World Cup, but really failed to leave up to the expectations raised by the media back home (not his fault though). He did ok considering that his entire career [he's 22] he's played only in the Croatian first division for Hajduk Split.

Moving to the Premiership will certainly improve his abilities as a player, and I hope that he does reasonably well. He got a lot of stick because the national coach of Croatia was his dad, but he does have talent. I think Harry can help him develop as a player.

I'm certainly hoping for that, as he's the newest Croat of this generation. And we haven't had produced any talent in the mold of Suker,Prosinecki,Boban,Boksic,Jarni,Stimac,etc.. since our success in 98.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Blue_Heart » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:35 am

yeah good luck krunchie :) (lol he has a cool new nickname by us pompey fans :D) i think he can be a heck of a player for us and i hope he does!
Blue_Heart

Return to Premiership - General Discussion