WOLVES VS LIVERPOOL - 26th jan 19:45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:32 pm

stmichael wrote:The day after the night before and I still can't believe we only made one substitution last night when we had, Pacheco, Aquilani and Babel on the bench. Gerrard had the proverbial mare and clearly wasn't fit. Same for Maxi.

So frustrating.

It is a disgrace that Rafa now, more than ever, chooses not to lose games rather than go out to win them.

We paid £20 million for Aqulani and it looks like he has become a player to replace Gerrard when he is not fit rather than a player to take us 10 yds further up the field in Alonso's absence.

Playing against Wolves and we invited them on to us by playing 2 holdding midfielders again.

I am an anti..  the evidnece is there for everyone to see why.. We now play cr@p football.  and everyone at the club seems to think its ok.. and we have "turned a corner" ???

Shocking game, shocking attitude, shocking performance!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Dinger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Well I was at band practice last night so I missed the match in its entirety, from the sounds of it tho I'm glad I did. How was Maxi's performance?
Dinger

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:LIVERPOOOOOOOL HOOF THE BALL

Last night was so Anti-football HOOOOOOOOOOOF to no one and what was worst is main HOOFER Carra wasnt the only one Skrtel, the Greek and Lucas where all at it.

RIP pass & move what we are witnessing is painfull.

Atleast rafa's positive saying we didnt get beat, well if your happy with that Rafa I cannot defend you, Ive got a right feckin cob on.

I think we have a team capable of playing decent football Lynds. The problem is most of them are injured or on the bench at the moment. Unfortunately without the likes of Agger, Johnson, Benayoun and Aquilani in the side the footballing abilities of the other players are sadly shown up.

Yesterday we had Carra at right back who just hoofs the ball at every opportunity, two centre backs who are not comfortable in possession in the slightest, a young left back who's confidence is shot, two defensive midfielders who offer nothing going forward and a striker whose main strengths are his work rate and defensive capabilities.

Against Bolton surely we have to drop a defensive midfielder, bring Aquilani back and play two upfront? ???
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Dinger wrote:Well I was at band practice last night so I missed the match in its entirety, from the sounds of it tho I'm glad I did. How was Maxi's performance?

3/10 mate, as with the rest of the shower in th team. Pepe had a good game, didnt pick the ball out of his net once all game - I'll score him a 4.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Lee J wrote:
Dinger wrote:Well I was at band practice last night so I missed the match in its entirety, from the sounds of it tho I'm glad I did. How was Maxi's performance?

3/10 mate, as with the rest of the shower in th team. Pepe had a good game, didnt pick the ball out of his net once all game - I'll score him a 4.

Bugger, I know we need to give him a little time to settle into English football, I just hope it happens quick. Then again I guess you can't expect him to play a blinder when (from everything I hear and have seen of the highlights) the surrounding 21 players were not much better.
Dinger

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Owzat wrote:
Owzat wrote:- Liverpool drew their last league game at Molineux 1-1
- The last time we played at Molineux was 2003/04, Houllier's last season.
- The last time we did the double over Wolves was 1978/79

I think those three of the five stats I quoted bear bringing up

And one stat of relevance, and quite shocking, is our Premiership record by day played, in particular when we play on a Tuesday :

PERCENTAGE GAMES WON (PREMIERSHIP)

53.42% Wednesdays : P73 W39 D21 L13 PTS 138
51.47% Saturdays : P375 W193 D89 L93 PTS 668
50.34% Sundays : P145 W73 D32 L40 PTS 251

46.81% Mondays : P47 W22 D13 L12 PTS 79
40.00% Tuesdays : P30 W12 D14 L4 PTS 50
37.50% Fridays : P8 W3 D2 L3 PTS 11

0.00% Thursdays : P3 W0 D2 L1 PTS 2

Of the regular days/evenings we play, Tuesday is our worst in terms of results. The only days/evenings worse are the RARE occaisions we end up playing on a Thursday or Friday. It's no great record on any day, but Tuesdays should be CL football not Premiership

Oh how we need to sort Tuesdays out  :D

Almost as useful as our record by weather conditions or kick-off times.
LFC2007

Postby Madmax » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:54 pm

:D  Mate tuedays are important..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:41 pm

And we have no chance of winning the Europa League if that's what our Thursdays are like...
LFC2007

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm

The thing I hate about Rafa is he doesn't ever, I repeat, EVER play players based on form.  He plays them based on who's fit and how he wants the team to play that given game, and every game thereafter.  He doesn't change his tactics much for different opposition (IMO) it is usually the same at its core but changes only by what players are being played.  It doesn't matter if someone went out and scored a hat trick the game before Torres was announced fit to play, Torres would immediately get slotted back into the starting XI and to me that is bollox.  Doesn't matter who you are you don't win your place back immediately after coming back from injury unless the other option is playing like sh!t.  The moment the backup has a bad game you put in Torres immediately but until then I don't think you can just take the lads spot away. (there are exceptions I suppose but wolves/gerrard wasn't one)

Contrary to what others say I think we played well against Spurs and were clearly the better team, there was no need for changes and Rafa overcomplicated it, made a game harder than it really was.  I don't think we are going to turn things around until every single player is fit and that to me is inexcusable.  At the beginning of the season I thought we would eventually turn things around once some players were fit because we had literally no one at the time, but  now we have a bit of quality out there if it was used the right way we would play well but Rafa is not doing that right now.  I don't see it changing anytime soon either I really hope it does but christ it is getting painful to watch us play.  It's gotten to the point to where if I miss the match I have to know the result ahead of time cause I know if we lost or drew it more than likely was an absolutely horrible display of football from us.
Zidane

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 am

Maxi's performance ?
Like...this one time ? at band camp ?

(Sorry mate - couldn't resist...you reminded me of American Pie)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby skatesy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:29 am

Just reading Aldridge's recent article on how he believes that Rafa needs to speak out about Liverpool's problems.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport....il.html

One thing that he highlites though is how we sorely missed Torres in the game against Wolves. And while yes, every Liverpool fan would rather see a starting 11 with Torres in it, I don't think Torres would've made any difference.

Our problem in the game against Wolves was that we could not create ANYTHING moving forward. Our defense would hoof the ball over our midfield and hope that Kuyt could knock the ball down to Gerrard or someone else pushing forward (which usually never happened). We could not string 4 passes together without giving it away or being pressed off the ball. It was absolutely horrible.

So, even with Torres sitting up front, how are we going to get the ball to him or create anything that would give Torres a good opportunity to score?

What a disaster of a game, and it's not the result - it's the way we played it.
skatesy

Postby FP10000 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:25 am

Pictures Wolves - Liverpool : http://www.footballpictures.eu/node/2337
FP10000

Postby beng » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 am

beng

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games