LIVERPOOL v Manchester City (CL) Wed 4th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 pm

We need the kill shot away goal at City and I have no doubt Klopp will go for it.

We will face the same barrage we imposed on them so will have to stand strong and play intelligently, easier said than done in such big and important games.

In an attacking sense we dominated for 30 mins last night and netted 3x the rest was just managing the situation.

Where City need to control the ball to win we really dont with this team, essentially a counter attack team, hence why we have caused City so many problems this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:30 pm

If City get a goal or two in the first half it will be game on. We have a huge task at the Etihad to keep them in check.

However I'm confident we will get a goal at least.

City will know that 1 goal from us and they have got a difficult task.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 pm

The manager will keep it tight for the first 20 minutes breaking up Cities possession and playing  on the counter ,win the midfield battle , quieten the crowd and take the sting out of their attack ,it wont be easy but last night wasn't either so more of the same will do nicely.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:27 pm

redshade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:46 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:43 pm wrote:We’ve conquered all of Europe We’re never gonna stop From Paris down to Turkey We’ve won the f*cking lot
Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly The Fields of Anfield Road We are loyal supporters And we come from Liverpool
Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez Allez

Like every song our supporters sing it much too fast, it's sounds boss slow but our fans rush through it like it's a race.

I think its because they want to quickly get to the allez part and jump up and down :D.

Top song though.

My arm has ached  all day from last night's scarf waving  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:28 pm

You expect City to go Gung-Ho and throw the kitchen sink at us next Tuesday. If it was a premier league game then yes. But Not when you are 0-3 down, and risk conceding an away goal. I expect them to start off cautiously.

yes they are more than capable of scoring 2/3/4 goals. But I would rather start Tuesday night 3 goals up, than three goals DOWN. :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Immense night. My voice is knackered, I was bouncing in the aisles all night. Unreal. Hopefully I get to experience that again in the future because that was unforgettable for me. Man to man we were a class apart. Top drawer redmen, Top drawer.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:46 pm

It feels great to be back among the european elite  :) That first half onslaught didn't surprise me....what did was how we shut shop in the second half. Pre-VVD, the game would have finished 3-2.

I thought Hendo had a good game, but what is it with him getting suspended for crucial, season defining games. Stupid yellow to concede as we could do with his energy at the Etihad. TAA showed great maturity- honestly i thought he was gonna 'drop the soap' last night but he had Sane in his pocket. Klopp's obviously got him to watch videos of the palace game to highlight his flaws.
Last edited by Franky000 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Well done Kloppto, glad you enjoyed it mate, you witnessed a big night in the history of the club.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:27 pm wrote:

RSI and the local doctor just laughs ,my throat feels like I've been force fed fiery jack  :D

The following pic is for the benefit of those fortunate and  young enough not to remember this actually being considered a remedy for muscle pain ,basically it just burnt the f*ck out of the area to take your mind of the original ache  :D 

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:55 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:48 pm wrote:

RSI and the local doctor just laughs ,my throat feels like I've been force fed fiery jack  :D

The following pic is for the benefit of those fortunate and  young enough not to remember this actually being considered a remedy for muscle pain ,basically it just burnt the f*ck out of the area to take your mind of the original ache  :D 

:laugh:

Out of interest, how did last night compare with Chelsea in 05?  Couple of lads near me said it was as good, if not better. But wasn't there in 2005 so have no idea.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:18 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:55 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:48 pm wrote:

:laugh:

Out of interest, how did last night compare with Chelsea in 05?  Couple of lads near me said it was as good, if not better. But wasn't there in 2005 so have no idea.

I've never heard an atmosphere like  Chelsea mate and I doubt I will again ,last nights was on a par with Dortmund but 2005 will remain an enigma ,really don't know how we reached those noise levels it was like we were carried along and joined by voices of the past. I know,sounds weird but if weird explains it then I will go along with that,in nearly forty years going the game that remains the most ethereal experience inside Anfield ,the noise just never abated it was a constant wall of deafening sound ,even Mourinho stated after the game he had felt the power of Anfield and 35 thousand reds fans concurred.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:53 pm

@ 7-Kewell
Well in mate :D  huge respect to all the our fans who kept our team buzzing the whole match.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Reg » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:46 pm wrote:Well done Kloppto, glad you enjoyed it mate, you witnessed a big night in the history of the club.

Reg mate I get to a few games these days but because of the way tickets are allocated I'll never get the chance to experience that European atmosphere again. I've obviously read a lot about it and heard a lot of it from the telly but being there for me was special and I made the very most. I already have an affinity with the club but last night cemented that completely.

Also, any reason why there's a no booze policy on European nights? Given the thing is sponsored by Heineken I was a bit bemused that I couldn't sink a quick beer at half time.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:42 pm wrote:
Reg » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:46 pm wrote:Well done Kloppto, glad you enjoyed it mate, you witnessed a big night in the history of the club.

Reg mate I get to a few games these days but because of the way tickets are allocated I'll never get the chance to experience that European atmosphere again. I've obviously read a lot about it and heard a lot of it from the telly but being there for me was special and I made the very most. I already have an affinity with the club but last night cemented that completely.

Also, any reason why there's a no booze policy on European nights? Given the thing is sponsored by Heineken I was a bit bemused that I couldn't sink a quick beer at half time.

Alcohol has been banned on the Kop since 1985, 33 years and counting fella,but you can have one if your watching rugby .....Go figure  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:53 am

A perfect win, well-done lads, and I hope it will be the same against Everton.
algymoon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games