Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby made in UK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 pm

In Rafa we Trust!
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Its time for a change

The players know it, most of the fans know it and at this stage Rafa even knows it
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 pm

I thoroughly believe there is something going on in the background with Rafa and the players (especially Gerrard) and that it will all come to a head soon enough. Something has to give...either we burst into life, Gerrard starts to look like he gives a f*ck and we move onwards and upwards or Rafa and/or Gerrard walks and we go into a period of serious turmoil and struggle to attract a big name manager to replace Rafa...

Who knows what will happen...
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Holby City was far more interesting....................................

:censored: sake

you t0sser! you deserve a card for even having the nerve to insult the club by watching anything else but the game! fecking hell - with comments like yours, do you even know where Anfield is? i fecking doubt it. just feck off an watch any programe you want cause with people like you - that's why i have left the forum alone for so long now.

the thing that keeps me going is the fact that when i go an take my son to Anfield on saturday against Bolton, their will be genuine fans like myself supporting the Manager an the team to victory, not even bothered about anything else that's going on etc!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Ihateswisstore wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
swisstore wrote:
john craig wrote:We were never going to string a run of 10 wins together with this team, we're not good enough, simply don't have good enough players.

When you realise you're not as good as you thought you were you have to go back to basics, which is what we have done.  Start defending properly.  Show fight and be hard to beat.  We've done that and kept 3 clean sheets in our last 4 outings without losing.

Benitez has done the right thing in the way he's set the team up the last few games.  A run without losing will hopefully give us a platform to build on for a late push for 4th.

It's still a disgrace though the level we're playing at and the squad we have after he's had 5 and a half years and fu.ck knows how many million quid to sort us out imo.

but how can this be, surealy we have the same players as last year and Rafa is still the best manager in the world,  so what has changed, I blame the owners and the press for destabilising the club.

You're clearly a WUM pal so fu....c....k off back to red cafe, blue tw...a...t or whatever piece of sh...i....t...e forum you usually infest.

Aren't you one of those people who criticise people for asking someone to be carded.  :D

Hence I asked you to f...u...c...k off instead of coming on here and pretending to offer any football debate. It's pretty sad.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa2juve » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 pm

that was a shocking game, very depressing :-(
rafa2juve

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Ihateswisstore wrote:Are the mods asleep or something , this is bad, I'm still not banned.

Maybe no one is really bothered pal.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa2juve » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 pm

So do people still have faith in rafa because I have to admit that that was the biggest pile of :censored: i have watched in a while?
rafa2juve

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 pm

can't believe i walked 15 minutes across town in the freezing cold to watch that garbage. the players want to be having a good look at themselves, a team full of internationals that can't even string 3 passes together. shocking.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:37 pm

i had hoped we'd see a better game tonight instead of another repeat dire performance.
real poor by our standards.
the defence hoofed everything in sight.
midfield was absent.
forwards were s.h.y.t.e and never looked like scoring.
we stepped back again imo.have to question the whole coaching set up.
they still cant play together,pass it to each other or offer up that little extra piece of quality.
tactics are :censored: poor,you could throw a single duvet over our players on set pieces and wide attacks.our players offer no support to the man with the ball, constantly lose possession and make awful amateur decisions when put on the spot!!
juve will buy out these contracts and maybe its time we let them!!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:40 pm

No excuses from me it was the managers fault tonight, showing one of the worst teams in the league respect and worrying about not getting beat.

Feckin awful absloutly terrible.

2 steps forward 1 step back.

I try to defend you Rafa but when you do things like this its feckin hard.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:41 pm

john craig wrote:We were never going to string a run of 10 wins together with this team, we're not good enough, simply don't have good enough players.

When you realise you're not as good as you thought you were you have to go back to basics, which is what we have done.  Start defending properly.  Show fight and be hard to beat.  We've done that and kept 3 clean sheets in our last 4 outings without losing.

Benitez has done the right thing in the way he's set the team up the last few games.  A run without losing will hopefully give us a platform to build on for a late push for 4th.

It's still a disgrace though the level we're playing at and the squad we have after he's had 5 and a half years and fu.ck knows how many million quid to sort us out imo.

See where you're coming from mate and Villa away, Stoke away and Spurs at home i'd go along with that. Keep it simple, defend, play compact, get the basics right etc. But tonight against this lot? We needed to open up a bit, get our ball players back into some type of form, take a chance or two and try and regain some authority against the likes of Wolves. The team was set up to defend and hack it clear and the only change was to take off our most effective player going forward. Rafa could have tried so many things to change things up during that game, he could have: Brought on Aquilani, pushed Gerrard out on the right, popped Degen in at RB, switched to 2 up front, given Pachecho a chance to stake a claim, use a 2nd sub, hell even use all 3 subs. But nothing....nothing at all. I was low on faith but it's all gone now :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Ive stop trying Ciggy

Its time for a change im afraid, we need a new man at the helm

Enough is enough
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 pm

puroresu wrote:
Avi Cohen wrote:
swisstore wrote:
Boocity wrote:
swisstore wrote:
dawson99 wrote:If that insult makes u cry you're on the wrong forum mate

Oh is this forum quite anti rafa then? that makes me so  :veryangry . Rafa is clearly the best manager we've ever had, well maybe with the excepton of Shankley but it was easier in the old days.

Better than Paisley and Dalglish? you tool

Yes I think he is.

Wow. What are you, twelve? I recommend you get thee to a DVD store and pick up some Liverpool history DVDs post haste.

I have Liverpool DVD under roy evans.  That team is far more entertaining than this :censored:.

t0sser! you have dvd's, that sums up the mentality on here. i not only have dvd's, but had like iv'e always had LFC running through my veins, so i went week in week out to our games when evans was in charge an believe me their was loads an loads of games where the team didn't perform or didn't get a result. did i give up or critise the manager- did i feck cause i payed my hard earned money to watch the team i love.

believe me their was many,many descions evans made as a manager that were far worse than what raffa has made, let alone players under evans that didn't perform on a regular basis, but feck that - cause that was long before the internet let alone istanbul etc.  anyone who went to games in that era let alone 20 years ago knows what i'm on about.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Scottbot wrote:

See where you're coming from mate and Villa away, Stoke away and Spurs at home i'd go along with that. Keep it simple, defend, play compact, get the basics right etc. But tonight against this lot? We needed to open up a bit, get our ball players back into some type of form, take a chance or two and try and regain some authority against the likes of Wolves. The team was set up to defend and hack it clear and the only change was to take off our most effective player going forward. Rafa could have tried so many things to change things up during that game, he could have: Brought on Aquilani, pushed Gerrard out on the right, popped Degen in at RB, switched to 2 up front, given Pachecho a chance to stake a claim, use a 2nd sub, hell even use all 3 subs. But nothing....nothing at all. I was low on faith but it's all gone now :(

The thing is mate, with a 'hack it away' approach it didn't really matter who we played in midfield or up front.  Torres is the only guy in the squad capable of holding the ball up in the final third and the only guy with the pace and intelligence to latch onto balls down the channels, and he wasn't there tonight.

Also I'm not sure opening up would have been for the better. We're that bad that anything other than doing what we did might have resulted in zero points rather than one.

It really is poor these days.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games