FA Cup : Bournemouth vs LIVERPOOL - Sat 25 Jan 2014 12.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Job done I suppose, that's the best you can say about that performance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 pm wrote:Don't know why you people complain. It's a ***** cup game. We just needed to get the job done and that's it.

A win was expected you mug ! Those of us who are complaining (me included) are not impressed by the manner in which it was achieved.

Only one move of quality for the second goal separated a team in the top four of the prem from a team currently lying 16th in a division below us.

Excuse those of us who are complaining if we're not as easily satisfied as you   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Watford leading 2-0 over City....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:29 pm

To me, the pitch was in a really bad state, as a result, it looked like we were afraid to make the tackles cause one wrong move could mean damaged ligaments...the players were slipping up all over the place. 

Additionally, the passing was pretty awful, and we didn't even try that hard to go for the win. Wonder whether it was deliberate to conserve energy for Tuesday?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:39 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 pm wrote:Don't know why you people complain. It's a ***** cup game. We just needed to get the job done and that's it.

A win was expected you mug ! Those of us who are complaining (me included) are not impressed by the manner in which it was achieved.

Only one move of quality for the second goal separated a team in the top four of the prem from a team currently lying 16th in a division below us.

Excuse those of us who are complaining if we're not as easily satisfied as you   :kungfu:

I agree Woof.

Fullbacks once again offered nothing. Flanaghan looked more lively when he came on. Just what did are midfield create? Suarez created both the goals. Our midfield was awful again and we simply will not get away with an average defence and a poor midfield on Tuesday night. Two world class strikers can't carry the team  :no
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Meh performance, Job done.  Focus was obviously on the derby.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Job done. Game won. Professional and adequate.

Move on.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:57 pm

With key players breaking their legs (Oviedo) and doing their ACLs (Falcao and Robbie Kruse) for some international sides, just glad we didn't lose anyone on a s**t pitch.

Get the win and move on.

We must beat the bitters now and bring in at least one quality player by the end of this week.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:58 pm

BTW.  Great job on the thread starter Lee.  Always enjoy them when you do it.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:10 am

woof woof ! » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 pm wrote:

That's a very fine selection of words and arguments woof. How old are you again?

Anyway, I don't know how many of the other top teams do you watch when they play in the cup but according to the way you reacted to our performance I'd say not too many. Most teams from the Premier League take these early stage cup games routinely, play just enough to ensure the victory and look to conserve as much energy as possible. We did that and we did our job.

Of course that a win was expected. Didn't we win? Playing in the cup is not about performance, it's just about the result.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 am

damjan193 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:10 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 pm wrote:

That's a very fine selection of words and arguments woof. How old are you again?

Anyway, I don't know how many of the other top teams do you watch when they play in the cup but according to the way you reacted to our performance I'd say not too many. Most teams from the Premier League take these early stage cup games routinely, play just enough to ensure the victory and look to conserve as much energy as possible. We did that and we did our job.

Of course that a win was expected. Didn't we win? Playing in the cup is not about performance, it's just about the result.

I hope you're right that we just wanted a win and were conserving our energy for next PL game. If we play like we did against Bournemouth in the 2nd half of the PL, we'll be destroyed in almost every game. The squad is thin and now with injuries to Lucas, Johnson, Allen, Sakho, Agger and long term casualty Enrique and so far no additions to replace them, it's going to be a nightmare 2nd half if stingy FSG and BR are not going to do something. IMO, fsg didn't sufficiently backed BR with the required funds and BR and the whole LIverpool transfer system were working at snail pace in this Jan window. Now there are only 6 days left and with the derby coming up, it's a scary match to look forward to esp. mersey pride is at stake.

I am p***d off with FSG. If we can't make it to CL which will be likely, the Uruguayan will be gone for sure. This season has been our best chance of finishing in top 4 since 08/09 season and BR and FSG will likely see this blow up in front of their faces with their slow and stingy transfer policy. BR is a good manager but his work in the transfer market is disappointing, though part of that blame is on the owners.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:37 pm

So, we get the the Ar$e next round

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:55 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:37 pm wrote:So, we get the the Ar$e next round

Going to be a struggle that, Arsenal seem to have our number, especially at their ground.
Mainly because their strength lies in their midfield and our midfield just happens to be our weakness.
Haven't had much luck with the cup draws this year have we? United at old Trafford and now arsenal at the emirates.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:38 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:55 am wrote:

Haven't had much luck with the cup draws this year have we? United at old Trafford and now arsenal at the emirates.

Understatement of year post early contender here :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:39 am

Good win, job done.

:)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous