WOLVES VS LIVERPOOL - 26th jan 19:45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Well seen as though I have a 100% recored so far in the league (we're not counting the FA Cup game with Reading  :D ) we'll keep the ball rolling with our away trip to Wolves

Some Owzats...

Top Scorers

Recent Form

Games Since

They have lost there last few games at home at in all fairness if we want to finish in the top 4 then we have to get 3 points here. After a great win against Spurs we have now picked up 10 points from our last 12 games so despite what you read in the papers we are going into this one with a bit of form.

Wolves have had the odd shock result during the season like a 1-0 away win at Spurs but there form this season has been poor and we recently beat them 2-0 at home in a game were they came with a defensive attitude and hoped to get away with a point. They are at home for this one so they will have to come out and play a bit so hopefully we can exploit that.

The skipper could be back for this one and With Riera back and Aqua finding his feet things are starting to look bright again. ID start the Big Greek again as he has impressed when he has got his chance and dosent deserve to be dropped.

The last meeting between the sides in the Midlands came in January 2004. Wolves claimed a point that evening when Kenny Miller's late strike cancelled out Bruno Cheyrou's opener and ensured the game ended in a 1-1 draw. In fact, the Reds have not won at Molineux since April 1979 when an Alan Hansen goal gave them a 1-0 win.

2-0 Liverpool
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Good man Dundalk...keep up the good work... :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:37 pm

is this on tv?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 pm

stmichael wrote:is this on tv?

I doubt it on a Tuesday

But when you have the fantastically reliable Iraqgoals stream, who needs a TV.   :D  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:25 pm

No. Sky are showing Spurs v Fulham.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Wolves are no pushovers at home, and we will need a performance similar to the one against Spurs if we are to win this one. No passengers, and working hard as a team and I think we can win this comfortably, give Wolves any encouragement and we may struggle.

I think we will win this though, but I doubt we will keep another clean sheet. I think 2-1 or 3-1 to us.

Doyle has impressed me on the few occasions I have seen him (poor mans Crouch) and his movement may cause us a few problems. Hopefully Carra will be back in the middle for this one as I can see Skrtel getting caught out ball watching against Doyle. Better yet I hope DOYLE DOESN'T PLAY   :D
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:48 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

I think its hilarious that Liverpool gets more tv coverage in the states than in the UK
JoeTerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 pm

s@int wrote:Wolves are no pushovers at home, and we will need a performance similar to the one against Spurs if we are to win this one. No passengers, and working hard as a team and I think we can win this comfortably, give Wolves any encouragement and we may struggle.

I think we will win this though, but I doubt we will keep another clean sheet. I think 2-1 or 3-1 to us.

Doyle has impressed me on the few occasions I have seen him (poor mans Crouch) and his movement may cause us a few problems. Hopefully Carra will be back in the middle for this one as I can see Skrtel getting caught out ball watching against Doyle. Better yet I hope DOYLE DOESN'T PLAY   :D

I listened to an interview last nite with Kevin Doyle on radio over here. I'd have to hand it to the guy - he came up the hard way thru the semi-pro/amateur League of Ireland here, and when he got his chances he was a) grateful, and b) he took them.
Sounded like a very humble guy, a real hard worker, and one you know is going to work his socks off for you.
So I'd expect him to give the defence a torrid time. He's pretty decent in the air as well....He does tend to drift out to the wings from time to time, but generally it's whatever the manager tells him to do for each particular game. I'd say we'd know their game plan within the first 10-15 mins...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:40 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

I think its hilarious that Liverpool gets more tv coverage in the states than in the UK

Sign of the times, it's not a surprise when we are where we are in the state we are. That said, spudz vs Fulham involves a side playing for 4th vs a midtable side compared with us playing for 4th and Wolves fighting to stay in the Premiership. Is there shock potential in the spudz vs Fulham game?

Some stats, for those who like a stat or two :

- Liverpool drew their last league game at Molineux 1-1
- This is only Wolves second season in the top flight since 1983/84 when they won at Anfield.
- Wolves last win at Molineux over Liverpool was 1-0 in 1981/82
- The last time we played at Molineux was 2003/04, Houllier's last season.
- The last time we did the double over Wolves was 1978/79
Last edited by Owzat on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Snake » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Fulham did beat Man Utd and drew with Chelsea, so Tottenham don't exactly have it "easy".
Wolves, on the other hand, are a bit hard to crack. It took a sending off to start supplying crosses, and even so the suppliers were our fullbacks, with a wonderful header by Gerrard over the gigantic Elokobi (dunno how he managed to get up there) to start the lead in the second half, and then a hefty deflection off Benayoun's shot to make it two.

But with Gerrard possibly starting again, Reira and Rodriguez to supply, I think we have a better chance than the first game. Wouldn't like to see NGog though, they're too physical for him, and he can't hold the ball up for shizzle.
Snake

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:38 pm

After a hard fought scrappy win against Spurs where (lets be honest) we looked like the away team for much of the game it's time to put out a team that not only matches Wolves from a physical perspective but one that can keep the ball, impose itself and play with some adventure. I'd rest Lucas for this one and drop Aquilani back into the middle, the lad looked fit last night, I still don't know that he can tackle but he needs to play in there with Masch. Riera has to play again, and I'd like to see Rodriguez play from the start this week, either on the right (if Dirk is up front) or in the hole (if Ngog plays up top). Krygiakos has looked excellent the past couple of games and suddenly we look like a physical side again with him in the team + Masch and Carra flying into tackles.

Obviously the result is all important, we need to win the game but i'd like to see a performance as well. Hard work, effort and character is all well and good but we need to find some form when we have the ball. I fear Benitez's defensive instincts will overide him again though and suspect we'll play a side that is set-up to grind a result rather than one that can take it to them.

I'm going for a 2-1 win.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:05 pm

3-0 to us

Riera, Aquilani, Kuyt
Fauxy

Postby Dinger » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:01 pm

We can't take any team for granted even if performances have been improving recently. I'd like to see Maxi start the game in a tad more attacking line-up.

2-0 Maxi, Kuyt
Dinger

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Dundalk wrote:Some Owzats...

...In fact, the Reds have not won at Molineux since April 1979 when an Alan Hansen goal gave them a 1-0 win.

Doomed then  :D
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 pm

1-1
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games