LIVERPOOL v Manchester City (CL) Wed 4th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:09 pm

As I said earlier that first half was probably the best that side has ever played. Keeping up that intensity is nigh on impossible so with the goals in the bag we got the 2nd half spot on. We conceded ground but we did it in style  :D  What a fecking result  :buttrock

Robertson and Trent were absolutely fantastic both ends of the field. Quality defending and quality service the other end. From where they came from to playing like that in a CL QF  :bowdown  Superb game also from Milner. Gave absolutely everything and put himself about.

Motm for me was Trent Arnold. Everyone was pegging him as the weak link heading into this and boy did he stand tall. Even City had him targeted but he owned Sane for that game. Well in lad  :nod

Well in Gaffer  :bowdown And well in every fan who was in that stadium  :bowdown That atmosphere was phenomenal  :bowdown A big big part of the reason City couldn't find a gear imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:16 pm

damjan193 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:48 pm wrote:f*ck me, haven't felt like this in years! Turned out a lot better than we all expected. Amazing game, wonderful result.

Two negatives though, Salah's injury (he was smiling at the end so it probably wasn't serious), and Henderson missing the next match.

Hopefully Emre will be alright for next week, as for Mo lets pray that he was taken off as a precaution.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Wow amazing, awesome words can't describe. The perfect first leg lead we were looking for. We've taken a massive step now we just need to keep focused for the 2nd leg. 3-0 lead is what we all were dreaming about and I'm very confident we will make it to the semis.

I thought everyone played well but i was very impressed with TAA. He stepped up to the big occasion and played really well. Hoping Salah going off is just a precaution.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:30 pm

We are a force in Europe at home and so it came to pass again.

Wonderful first 30 mins won the game after that we pretty much defended even though Klopp was dissapointed with that, it was sensible.

Injuries racking up and Salah a worry so vital we keep people fit now, its not over but one away goal kills City.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 pm

I don't think Salah will be out long because he had all smiles when he was sitting on the bench.

Most likely a precaution and to be honest i wouldn't mind if Klopp rests him for the derby.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:39 pm

I thought two more goals second half and we could have won this tie tonight.
Midas touch, something special happens on these occasions.

We doubled up on Sane, and his shots /crosses were so ineffective. That is just pressure. I thought our defence was solid. Even Lovren played well.

Is the tie over? No. But I'd rather be three goals up, than three goals down!. All we need is one goal at their place. Just one.

Hendo is out second leg, but hopefully Can will be back, or wjnaldum etc.
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:40 pm

What a scoreline to wake up to in Oz

You fcking beauty

Well in lads  :buttrock
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:01 pm

What a night. Just got back. Anfield was bouncing and only Sane turned up. Amazing result.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:05 pm

I predicted a 3-1 so will take an even better 3-0 :)

Got to say Trent was immense tonight, he certainly made me and a few other people on this forum eat humble pie. Andy Robertson has been an absoulate revelation this season, what a steal we paid for him. He has really kicked up another gear recently. Superb!

The only disappointment for me was Salah coming off and Solanke looking further and further out of place, his overall positioning and passing was downright horrible. Yes we know he is young but I would have preferred seeing Ingsy in his place.

General consensus is that they will come at us next week and we will hit the on the counter. If we score one or two it’s all over for them.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Get in you beauty!!
Wasn't bad considering we played most of the second half without Salah and Firmino.

Solanke wasn't even warmed up when he came on. Give him a bit of Slack, he has hardly played in the league, never mind a CL Qtr final.

Never mind ings
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:16 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 pm wrote:

Go on to the google playstore Reg and get an app called kop end. You can see the game through that

How long you been using that app mate? I downloaded it and seems really good.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Some idiotic fans shouldn't have thrown stuff at the City bus.

https://youtu.be/ntVBJ4XqXIU

It's not right.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Scottbot » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:28 pm

HEROIC PERFORMANCE. Every single player was absolutely superb. MOTM could have gone to anyone. Lovren had his best ever game in a red shirt, Milner was superb, Robertson was excellent again, Mane was awesome in the first half, Van Dyk was dominant, Karious assured, Ox once again with a Cristian strike against this lot and Henderson put in a Captains performance but I went for TAA. What a display from the young lad, our supposed weak link!

Best defensive performance in Europe since the 0-0 in Turin in 2005 and the 0-0 at Barca on the way to the UEFA Cup in 2001.

Superb from Klopp, loved the substitutions, the way we were set up tactically, the discipline we showed defensively in wide areas. F**kin brilliant.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:34 pm

What was the nonsense of some fans throwing stuff at the man city team bus!? Beggars belief.

I think Man City seem to have an  Arrogance with the money that they now have. Unfortunately.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 am

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:34 pm wrote:What was the nonsense of some fans throwing stuff at the man city team bus!? Beggars belief.

You've got to be a complete f[vc]king moron to throw a bottle at a glass window particularly when there is someone sitting right next to that window. Laminated or not glass is dangerous stuff.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games