WOLVES VS LIVERPOOL - 26th jan 19:45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 am

Owzat wrote:- Liverpool drew their last league game at Molineux 1-1
- The last time we played at Molineux was 2003/04, Houllier's last season.
- The last time we did the double over Wolves was 1978/79

I think those three of the five stats I quoted bear bringing up

Nanny Red wrote:Players and id say especialy Rafa at fault tonight, Why oh fecking why two holding midfielders , Im sorry but either Aqua or Stevie should of been in the middle, i dont care what anyone says Stevie cant play in that role when Fernando is not playing

Rafa played two DMs because he doesn't know any other way. He found his way of playing at Valencia that worked, he found a system that can work here, but it very much works (as you say) with Torres in it. I don't rate him as anything like a great manager because there are too many tactical failings, he isn't able to change it and last night typified that. He left Aquilani on the bench, made only one substitution and I think he HOPED Gerrard would make a difference.

I find it laughable he should pay £20m for Aquilani, wrap him up in cotton wool for EIGHTEEN Premiership games and when an opportunity presents itself that he could boss a game, he leaves the bugger on the bench - while 'rushing' Gerrard back from injury to boot.

Nanny Red wrote:Im .ed off with Rafa tonight big time, It was Wolves ffs Rafa lad Fecking Wolves use your brain you know there gonna have ten men behind the ball put an attacking midfielder on,
We looked like the old Wimbledon tonight  hoofing the ball, just getting rid , I would not have took Skrtel off an all an moved Carra back in the center and brought Degan on,
Rafa im sorry lad but you fecked up tonight big style,

We've been hoofing a fair bit for some time now, usually towards the end of the game but with no real distribution in front of the back four it is a bit inevitable. Insua and Carra are not ideal for carrying the ball forward from full-back, but Rafa is too frightened of losing so won't take too many risks

Nanny Red wrote:I actualy felt sorry for Maxi no service out there what so ever, And Stevie should not have started imo i would of had Ngog in from the off and Aqua instead of Lucas,

They were souless tonight , They made Wolves look good,
fU,CK OFF WITH THIS LONG BALL SH.ITE WERE NOT FECKING WIMBLEDON,
An Rafa youve got one strike against you tonight mate, sort it out

Sadly the only way you might get those kind of wishes re what you would have done, is for Rafa to go. His tactics and substitutions are something, if you want him to stay, that won't change and you have to live with.

And one stat of relevance, and quite shocking, is our Premiership record by day played, in particular when we play on a Tuesday :

PERCENTAGE GAMES WON (PREMIERSHIP)

53.42% Wednesdays : P73 W39 D21 L13 PTS 138
51.47% Saturdays : P375 W193 D89 L93 PTS 668
50.34% Sundays : P145 W73 D32 L40 PTS 251

46.81% Mondays : P47 W22 D13 L12 PTS 79
40.00% Tuesdays : P30 W12 D14 L4 PTS 50
37.50% Fridays : P8 W3 D2 L3 PTS 11

0.00% Thursdays : P3 W0 D2 L1 PTS 2

Of the regular days/evenings we play, Tuesday is our worst in terms of results. The only days/evenings worse are the RARE occaisions we end up playing on a Thursday or Friday. It's no great record on any day, but Tuesdays should be CL football not Premiership
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 am

Just when we put in a good performance against Spurs, Kop singing the manager's name, great atmosphere we get this drivel.
I just want the season to end, don't look forward to going to the games anymore.

If we win on saturday the Kop will be singing Rafa's name again, and then next game we will be rubbish again, doing my head in.
Why he didn't try and change the approach second half is beyond me, Gerrard clearly not right - the world cup MUST be on his mind though.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:26 am

matrix wrote:rafa has lost the plot at the moment...  :p

where the feck was aquilani  tonight,  lets play gerrard who aint even fit...

juve  :help  us...    ???

I agree with everything bar the "at the moment". Have you not noticed Rafa is too inflexible, didn't use all his subs (again) tonight when we weren't winning and seems happy with a draw against a side that will do well to avoid relegation.

I disagree with the comparison with Fulham, made by Ciggy (?). Wolves have only been up once before five years ago, we drew with them back then. But Fulham had something about them or they wouldn't have stuck in the Premiership since gaining promotion. In their first season, ironically, we drew 0-0 at our's and won 2-0 at their's. That season we picked up 80 points. But Wolves are a much cr appi er side, Fulham finished THIRTEENTH in their first season up, as I said Wolves will do well to stay up. Fulham's record up is good, 13th, 14th, 9th, 13th, 12th, 16th, 17th and then 7th. Two narrow escapes, otherwise mid-table or better. Wolves would settle for 17th of that lot, they'd bite your hand off if you offered eight seasons in a row in the top flight.

Is that our worst result and/or performance of the season? For me perhaps only Pompey away is in the same category of "should have got more/won", villa at home wasn't clever but at least they are at the top end of the table
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:10 am

NANNY RED wrote:Absolute utter :censored: garbage,completly s.hit night , sh,it atmosphere , shi.t performance th worst ive seen this season even worse than Reading away, Players and id say especialy Rafa at fault tonight, Why oh fecking why two holding midfielders , Im sorry but either Aqua or Stevie should of been in the middle, i dont care what anyone says Stevie cant play in that role when Fernando is not playing, I said before the game i wouldnt of even played him tonight and i was justified he was fecking terrible,
Im :censored:.ed off with Rafa tonight big time, It was Wolves ffs Rafa lad Fecking Wolves use your brain you know there gonna have ten men behind the ball put an attacking midfielder on,
We looked like the old Wimbledon tonight :censored: hoofing the ball, just getting rid , I would not have took Skrtel off an all an moved Carra back in the center and brought Degan on,

I actualy felt sorry for Maxi no service out there what so ever, And Stevie should not have started imo i would of had Ngog in from the off and Aqua instead of Lucas,

Im off to bed now ive got a cob on

Jeez Nan, where did Spurs Fan sleep last night, the spare room or the bomb shelter down the garden?!  :wwww
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:22 am

Thats the last match thread I do  :down:

Still pi$$ed of with that performance last night, we need to buck up and quick or we can forget about 4th
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:03 am

Owzat wrote:
Owzat wrote:- Liverpool drew their last league game at Molineux 1-1
- The last time we played at Molineux was 2003/04, Houllier's last season.
- The last time we did the double over Wolves was 1978/79

I think those three of the five stats I quoted bear bringing up

Nanny Red wrote:Players and id say especialy Rafa at fault tonight, Why oh fecking why two holding midfielders , Im sorry but either Aqua or Stevie should of been in the middle, i dont care what anyone says Stevie cant play in that role when Fernando is not playing

Rafa played two DMs because he doesn't know any other way. He found his way of playing at Valencia that worked, he found a system that can work here, but it very much works (as you say) with Torres in it. I don't rate him as anything like a great manager because there are too many tactical failings, he isn't able to change it and last night typified that. He left Aquilani on the bench, made only one substitution and I think he HOPED Gerrard would make a difference.

I find it laughable he should pay £20m for Aquilani, wrap him up in cotton wool for EIGHTEEN Premiership games and when an opportunity presents itself that he could boss a game, he leaves the bugger on the bench - while 'rushing' Gerrard back from injury to boot.

Nanny Red wrote:Im .ed off with Rafa tonight big time, It was Wolves ffs Rafa lad Fecking Wolves use your brain you know there gonna have ten men behind the ball put an attacking midfielder on,
We looked like the old Wimbledon tonight  hoofing the ball, just getting rid , I would not have took Skrtel off an all an moved Carra back in the center and brought Degan on,

We've been hoofing a fair bit for some time now, usually towards the end of the game but with no real distribution in front of the back four it is a bit inevitable. Insua and Carra are not ideal for carrying the ball forward from full-back, but Rafa is too frightened of losing so won't take too many risks

Nanny Red wrote:I actualy felt sorry for Maxi no service out there what so ever, And Stevie should not have started imo i would of had Ngog in from the off and Aqua instead of Lucas,

Sadly the only way you might get those kind of wishes re what you would have done, is for Rafa to go. His tactics and substitutions are something, if you want him to stay, that won't change and you have to live with.

And one stat of relevance, and quite shocking, is our Premiership record by day played, in particular when we play on a Tuesday :

PERCENTAGE GAMES WON (PREMIERSHIP)

53.42% Wednesdays : P73 W39 D21 L13 PTS 138
51.47% Saturdays : P375 W193 D89 L93 PTS 668
50.34% Sundays : P145 W73 D32 L40 PTS 251

46.81% Mondays : P47 W22 D13 L12 PTS 79
40.00% Tuesdays : P30 W12 D14 L4 PTS 50
37.50% Fridays : P8 W3 D2 L3 PTS 11

0.00% Thursdays : P3 W0 D2 L1 PTS 2

Of the regular days/evenings we play, Tuesday is our worst in terms of results. The only days/evenings worse are the RARE occaisions we end up playing on a Thursday or Friday. It's no great record on any day, but Tuesdays should be CL football not Premiership

Mate - FOOK OFF with your boring stats, OK ? Who bloody well cares ? Nobody here does - it's dull. Get a life..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:09 am

kazza wrote:My sense is that there are issues with Gerrard. Had Gerrard played CM since the beginning of the season we would be much better as clearly he is better than Lucas. Aquilani is not as strong as Gerrard but I think would be much better as an AM and with Gerrard as a CM  and then Mascha as a holding midfieler we would have a great midfield. I am sure Rafa knows this but my question is why does he not play them like that. It is as if Rafa lets Gerrard call the shots and that is the problem. I think for the rest of the season Gerrard should be in central midfield, he may not have the passing range of Alonso or the dicipline but he has a better engine and is good enough as a footballer to find a way to make it work. Will Gerrard want to though that is the question, as it is the only way it will work in my opinion.

I don't think its a case of Gerrard calling the shots, I think he just does not want to drop Masc or Lucas.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am

kazza wrote:My sense is that there are issues with Gerrard. Had Gerrard played CM since the beginning of the season we would be much better as clearly he is better than Lucas. Aquilani is not as strong as Gerrard but I think would be much better as an AM and with Gerrard as a CM  and then Mascha as a holding midfieler we would have a great midfield. I am sure Rafa knows this but my question is why does he not play them like that.

rafa wont do that becasue he's stubborn and wont drop lucas
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 am

Here is what Rafa has to say about the result:

"To have a clean sheet is good and another positive after the last four or five games.

To manage a clean sheet against fu*king Wolves is a POSITIVE? ??????

:veryangry  :veryangry

What next, we manage 2 clean sheets in a row?
killerp

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:57 am

Reg wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Absolute utter :censored: garbage,completly s.hit night , sh,it atmosphere , shi.t performance th worst ive seen this season even worse than Reading away, Players and id say especialy Rafa at fault tonight, Why oh fecking why two holding midfielders , Im sorry but either Aqua or Stevie should of been in the middle, i dont care what anyone says Stevie cant play in that role when Fernando is not playing, I said before the game i wouldnt of even played him tonight and i was justified he was fecking terrible,
Im :censored:.ed off with Rafa tonight big time, It was Wolves ffs Rafa lad Fecking Wolves use your brain you know there gonna have ten men behind the ball put an attacking midfielder on,
We looked like the old Wimbledon tonight :censored: hoofing the ball, just getting rid , I would not have took Skrtel off an all an moved Carra back in the center and brought Degan on,

I actualy felt sorry for Maxi no service out there what so ever, And Stevie should not have started imo i would of had Ngog in from the off and Aqua instead of Lucas,

Im off to bed now ive got a cob on

Jeez Nan, where did Spurs Fan sleep last night, the spare room or the bomb shelter down the garden?!  :wwww

Ha put it this way there were clean sheets in my house an all last night :;): Getting sick of these big time charlie Spurs fans an there fecking smug smiles
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 am

Watching the interview with Rafa....what a load of shyte !
bunglemark2

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 am

LIVERPOOOOOOOL HOOF THE BALL

Last night was so Anti-football HOOOOOOOOOOOF to no one and what was worst is main HOOFER Carra wasnt the only one Skrtel, the Greek and Lucas where all at it.

RIP pass & move what we are witnessing is painfull.

Atleast rafa's positive saying we didnt get beat, well if your happy with that Rafa I cannot defend you, Ive got a right feckin cob on.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:15 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Watching the interview with Rafa....what a load of shyte !

Yes, awful isn't it, the usual, 'we were pushing', 'we controlled the game' and when asked why Aquaman was not played he said, 'we have other 11 players on the field who were playing well'.

I think he was watching a different game to me. :down:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Out if interest....did anybody manage to find a quality stream for last night's match ? I missed almost the entire first half, jumping from one to the other 'cos they were either blocked by Admin (what exactly does THAT mean anyway ?), or they hung, or it took eons to load (and even then, it froze)....I saw bits and pieces of the second half, again stream-hopping....
It was doin' me head in last night, and I don't think it's my broadband connection (3 Mb)
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:LIVERPOOOOOOOL HOOF THE BALL

Last night was so Anti-football HOOOOOOOOOOOF to no one and what was worst is main HOOFER Carra wasnt the only one Skrtel, the Greek and Lucas where all at it.

RIP pass & move what we are witnessing is painfull.

Atleast rafa's positive saying we didnt get beat, well if your happy with that Rafa I cannot defend you, Ive got a right feckin cob on.

Said before Cigg it was like watching the old Wimbledon last night fecking horrible, The only good thing about last night was the ale in the ground, I actualy managed to get a Smirrnoff Ice :laugh: I Cant defend Rafa at all last night ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games