WOLVES VS LIVERPOOL - 26th jan 19:45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:47 pm

We played Fulham at Craven Cottage 6 years ago the same set up dont get beat if you cant win, Fulham where Wolves them 6 years ago.
We got beat 2-0 the only differnce is we didnt get beat tonight but it was the same set up.

Wolves where there for the taking tonight I cannot beleive why we didnt go out there and tw@t them I am lost for words, 1 sub a winger for a striker and leaving Lucas & Masch on unbelievable.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Ciggy wrote:We played Fulham at Craven Cottage 6 years ago the same set up dont get beat if you cant win, Fulham where Wolves them 6 years ago.
We got beat 2-0 the only differnce is we didnt get beat tonight but it was the same set up.

Wolves where there for the taking tonight I cannot beleive why we didnt go out there and tw@t them I am lost for words, 1 sub a winger for a striker and leaving Lucas & Masch on unbelievable.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Considering Abert was our best player out there and he got his reward, subbed
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 pm

john craig wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
john craig wrote:We were never going to string a run of 10 wins together with this team, we're not good enough, simply don't have good enough players.

When you realise you're not as good as you thought you were you have to go back to basics, which is what we have done.  Start defending properly.  Show fight and be hard to beat.  We've done that and kept 3 clean sheets in our last 4 outings without losing.

Benitez has done the right thing in the way he's set the team up the last few games.  A run without losing will hopefully give us a platform to build on for a late push for 4th.

It's still a disgrace though the level we're playing at and the squad we have after he's had 5 and a half years and fu.ck knows how many million quid to sort us out imo.

See where you're coming from mate and Villa away, Stoke away and Spurs at home i'd go along with that. Keep it simple, defend, play compact, get the basics right etc. But tonight against this lot? We needed to open up a bit, get our ball players back into some type of form, take a chance or two and try and regain some authority against the likes of Wolves. The team was set up to defend and hack it clear and the only change was to take off our most effective player going forward. Rafa could have tried so many things to change things up during that game, he could have: Brought on Aquilani, pushed Gerrard out on the right, popped Degen in at RB, switched to 2 up front, given Pachecho a chance to stake a claim, use a 2nd sub, hell even use all 3 subs. But nothing....nothing at all. I was low on faith but it's all gone now :(

The thing is mate, with a 'hack it away' approach it didn't really matter who we played in midfield or up front.  Torres is the only guy in the squad capable of holding the ball up in the final third and the only guy with the pace and intelligence to latch onto balls down the channels, and he wasn't there tonight.

Also I'm not sure opening up would have been for the better. We're that bad that anything other than doing what we did might have resulted in zero points rather than one.

It really is poor these days.

But we weren't just hacking it from the back, the lads in midfield couldn't make it stick when they did get. Dirk played upfront and his lack of pace/ability running onto balls into space meant they had it pretty easy at the back, they simply squeezed up on us. I'm not saying Ngog is much better but at least he offers a threat in behind, same goes for Babel. But the game didn't start like that, they didn't come out with a high line and pressing game. We didn't necessarily need to open up as such, just stick a ball player in there with Masch (either Gerrard or Aquilani), get our foot on it 15 minutes and watch Wolves back off. I just don't know where we go from here? From top to bottom everything is a mess.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:02 am

Emerald Red wrote:See those last few posts by me, that's how tedious and boring this game is. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFF! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF! FUCKING HOOF! Keep the fucking ball on the bastard deck, you overpaid cunts!

to call any LFC player a kunt is totally,totally out of order an you know that! discussion is one thing but to say that, however much you may think they are overpaid in your opinion is totally out of order! if you don't appologise for that remark then i will put you on ignore, cause that's what you deserve. when was the last time you put your hand in your pocket an went to a game.

you critise others on this forum for other related remarks etc, so please don't do it now an condratict yourself. back in the day you would have been told to feck off an support someone else for being fickle - think twice before you speak!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 am

Clean sh!t.
LFC2007

Postby puroresu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

If the choice is always between Gerrard & Aqualani then Aquaman is in trouble.  Why did he sign him.  Makes  no sense.
puroresu

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 am

LittleHobo wrote:we are currently worse than the last days of houllier era, worse than the last days of roy evans era

we are in souness times guys

feck off! did you even go to games in that era? i doubt it cause non of the mentioned won us the European cup did they! let alone bring players to the club like torres,alonso,reina etc so NO we are not in any of the last days of any of the names you mention at all!

at least raffa can say with his head held high, he has never to this day signed an ex manc like Ince! that was the fecking worst signing ever made by any LFC manager, an Evans made that- an i for one will never forge that! once a manc always a manc, end of.

so think on, their are loads more where that came from so to say we are in souness times- fecking hell i remember watching souness signings like paul stewart,pickhnik,etc etc that were fecking really painfull to watch pulling on an LFC shirt, but i still went the match. so i know for a fact -this is defo not as bad as those times.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:44 am

redhayesy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:See those last few posts by me, that's how tedious and boring this game is. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFF! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF! FUCKING HOOF! Keep the fucking ball on the bastard deck, you overpaid cunts!

to call any LFC player a kunt is totally,totally out of order an you know that! discussion is one thing but to say that, however much you may think they are overpaid in your opinion is totally out of order! if you don't appologise for that remark then i will put you on ignore, cause that's what you deserve. when was the last time you put your hand in your pocket an went to a game.

you critise others on this forum for other related remarks etc, so please don't do it now an condratict yourself. back in the day you would have been told to feck off an support someone else for being fickle - think twice before you speak!

If you've read any of my posts, then you should know that I'm neither one to knee-jerk, lambast the players (without due cause) or call for a sacking. I called the players kunts today simply because they were playing like a bunch. Simple as that. I could have went out and picked a bunch of mates that would have strang more passes together than these lot today. That performance was completely unnacptable as a Liverpool standard, and most of them need to give their head a shake, including Rafa for not at least throwing caution to the wind and taking off one of defensive mids, putting (or benching Gerrard) in the middle, and playing Aquilani where he was against Spurs. He could have even thrown Babel on, or even had Pacheco on the bench. He was far, far too defensive today.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:08 am

Absolute utter :censored: garbage,completly s.hit night , sh,it atmosphere , shi.t performance th worst ive seen this season even worse than Reading away, Players and id say especialy Rafa at fault tonight, Why oh fecking why two holding midfielders , Im sorry but either Aqua or Stevie should of been in the middle, i dont care what anyone says Stevie cant play in that role when Fernando is not playing, I said before the game i wouldnt of even played him tonight and i was justified he was fecking terrible,
Im :censored:.ed off with Rafa tonight big time, It was Wolves ffs Rafa lad Fecking Wolves use your brain you know there gonna have ten men behind the ball put an attacking midfielder on,
We looked like the old Wimbledon tonight :censored: hoofing the ball, just getting rid , I would not have took Skrtel off an all an moved Carra back in the center and brought Degan on,
Rafa im sorry lad but you fecked up tonight big style,

I actualy felt sorry for Maxi no service out there what so ever, And Stevie should not have started imo i would of had Ngog in from the off and Aqua instead of Lucas,

They were souless tonight , They made Wolves look good,
fU,CK OFF WITH THIS LONG BALL SH.ITE WERE NOT FECKING WIMBLEDON,
An Rafa youve got one strike against you tonight mate, sort it out
Im off to bed now ive got a cob on
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:51 am

Summed up well, Nanny.

We limited ourselves to an ugly scrap. We had a back, but we had neither a front or the bit in between that links the two and allows you to call it a 'team'. Irreducibly sh!te.

We stumble from one result to the next, notching up two barely acceptable performances on the bounce before pulling out a Fulham, or a Portsmouth, or a Reading or a Wolves....etc.. Turning corners ffs.
LFC2007

Postby red_guy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:04 am

awful performance....... felt sick watching the game..   :down:
Last edited by red_guy on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:21 am

Bad performance with a less than satisfactory result.

Well......at least we ain't losing. If we can maintain this hard to beat mentality..we should be quite successful in the uefa cup.

Now a'm just waiting for Jones to sign on and once he does our performance should improve. He will be a major improvement to Kuyt and Ngog..and he will create more spaces for gerrard and wing players to score goals.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:48 am

The_Rock wrote:Bad performance with a less than satisfactory result.

Well......at least we ain't losing. If we can maintain this hard to beat mentality..we should be quite successful in the uefa cup.

Now a'm just waiting for Jones to sign on and once he does our performance should improve. He will be a major improvement to Kuyt and Ngog..and he will create more spaces for gerrard and wing players to score goals.

hey rock  have you heard something    are we getting jones  ive not checked lately,  got browned off with that fat twa.t  bruce...   :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am

Greavesie wrote:head says 1:1

Can you please make winning predictions from now on as we play better when you do.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 am

My sense is that there are issues with Gerrard. Had Gerrard played CM since the beginning of the season we would be much better as clearly he is better than Lucas. Aquilani is not as strong as Gerrard but I think would be much better as an AM and with Gerrard as a CM  and then Mascha as a holding midfieler we would have a great midfield. I am sure Rafa knows this but my question is why does he not play them like that. It is as if Rafa lets Gerrard call the shots and that is the problem. I think for the rest of the season Gerrard should be in central midfield, he may not have the passing range of Alonso or the dicipline but he has a better engine and is good enough as a footballer to find a way to make it work. Will Gerrard want to though that is the question, as it is the only way it will work in my opinion.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games