I think there's more to houllier than we think

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sanje » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:31 pm

Success comes from 2 things. Belief crystallized into faith and persistence. When I say persistence i do mean persistence <the ability to take 10 thousand failures and still try the next time, much like edison did> GH has this AMAZING degree of faith and persistence so I'd have to say that he's DEFINITELY got the makings of a CHAMPION coach. trouble is, the game is harsh n expectations r high. ppl need to see results fast. I need to see results fast. I think GH needs to be given room enough to let liverpool sink even furthur coz he looks the BEST  fella to succeed at making a SUPERDUPER liverpool team. Its really only a question of time. And if he were to be abandoned any time soon, it makes u wonder if anyone else can be as persistent as him. n trust me persistence is a big key to success. Those who disagree cant have had very successful lives so u wont know what i'm talking about.

I'd say he ought to get till the end of the year if we plummet. If performances are mediocre, then perhaps till the end of the season. Coz the other alternative is that any second now, the corner will be turned. and that would be VERY rewarding. Thats the REAL CHANCE we have of not juz qualifying for champ's league next season, BUT WINNING IT that same season. -----> a lad who's looking at a goal, a dream, not just improvement. ???
Sanje

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:07 pm

i like your post sanje.I  have excepted we have to give GH time to allow the new style to develop and results will come but the defence has to be sorted or we and GH will fail.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:22 pm

You talk alot of sense my friends.

It takes time,But is time really infinate!

My answer is i dont know but!  I guess we will and like wise GED will find out soon.........Watch this space...
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby beeker » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:15 pm

persistance yes but learn from mistakes ,quality players wont sign if your not in the champions league eg ayala and as for building a team well isent every club , playing is a short career so most teams re generate in ten or so years wot i mean is an eye for a player is every thing gh has been lucky to have 2 successful acadamy players i hope there r some more
beeker

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:43 pm

:( sorry guys, but i dissagree, GH has had long enough to sort this mess out, it,s becoming tedious. I,m all for giving a guy a chance but I and a lot of other L.F.C. fans think enough, is enough!! I dont want to come over all "doom and gloom"! but lets face facts and stop kidding ourselves, this squad that GH has brought together is nowhere near as good as it should be [given the time, and money GH has had] we haven,t improved since last season? we dont look like we will! it,s been 13 years!! since we won the "holy grail"[league title] I dont see GH bringing us that title. All I will say is give GH untill dec/jan if things have not drasticaly improved, then L.F.C. should part company with him. I honestly think it will be a case of one step forward, two steps back untill then.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heavenhorse » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:00 pm

???
heavenhorse

Postby RedSi » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:37 pm

I know that it's difficult to overcome the disappoinment of losing that game on Saturday but surely we must be heartened by the way the Reds played in the first half - I can't recall seeing football like that played by us for years (even in the treble year where we shut up shop and hoped for a goal on the break), Diao freed Gerrard up to be at his imperious, marauding best, Diouf always looked a threat and even both fullbacks linked in offensively. Hell, even Smicer looked good!!!

I don't think that GH can be blamed for the lack of finishing which should have put us out of sight. Where he is culpable however is the defence although I think that even there, a minor tweak or two plus some confidence will make a real difference.

It may be an indictment of how far we've fallen but all's not completely lost, a CL spot in the Prem and the UEFA or FA Cup would do me at this stage. ManUre, a#se and Chelski may be runaway leaders at the moment but I don't see anyone beyond them that should concern us. Before the season started you'd have expected Blackburn and Newcastle to be up there but they are not.

It's only early October, every team has a bad patch in a season, let's hope our's is over and take some positives from the way we've started to play..........
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool fan no:1 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:25 pm

Sanje wrote:Success comes from 2 things. Belief crystallized into faith and persistence. When I say persistence i do mean persistence <the ability to take 10 thousand failures and still try the next time, much like edison did> GH has this AMAZING degree of faith and persistence so I'd have to say that he's DEFINITELY got the makings of a CHAMPION coach. trouble is, the game is harsh n expectations r high. ppl need to see results fast. I need to see results fast. I think GH needs to be given room enough to let liverpool sink even furthur coz he looks the BEST  fella to succeed at making a SUPERDUPER liverpool team. Its really only a question of time. And if he were to be abandoned any time soon, it makes u wonder if anyone else can be as persistent as him. n trust me persistence is a big key to success. Those who disagree cant have had very successful lives so u wont know what i'm talking about.

I'd say he ought to get till the end of the year if we plummet. If performances are mediocre, then perhaps till the end of the season. Coz the other alternative is that any second now, the corner will be turned. and that would be VERY rewarding. Thats the REAL CHANCE we have of not juz qualifying for champ's league next season, BUT WINNING IT that same season. -----> a lad who's looking at a goal, a dream, not just improvement. ???

Hi i agree with you,there is more to houllier than we think.
Liverpool fan no:1

Postby Gazz » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:34 pm

OK then whatever you think i would have hope if we played some liverpool of old  FOOTBALL ( good passing and all ) but i am willing to give him one season more to improve good luck cause if you aint you will get a mouthfull from me mate

cheers
Gazz

Postby greenred » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:48 pm

houllier has had long enough,please people open your eyes,we have gone backwards,the players dont believe in themselves or houllier.theyre not performing for him.Houllier is a proud man who wont jump but he needs the push while we can still salvage something from the season.o,neill will come as soon as celtic depart the champions league.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:11 pm

I'm always glad when I hear optomism like yours Sanje because I'm a very negative person by nature. I expect the worst and hope for the best.  I predicted that Liverpool would be beat by Arsenal sadly I wish I was wrong.  The opening fifty minutes of the game had me thinking Gh had finally got it right.  But I wa wrong.  I was amazed by the tactical performance of Gh.  The man had us playing like Brasil.  Then we lost Smicer. replaced by a young inexperienced French man and tactics went out the window. Wenger showed that he was the better tactician. We were causing Arsenal problems like no other premiership team has caused them. They were full of uncertainty.  Who was going to attack them next. Should the defenders come across and pick up Smicer and Gerrad. Diao played his best game for liverpool.  The Arsenal midfield were in disarray and all but for a flukey goal we had them beat.  The Gh lost the plot. I don't think that he is tactically aware and can adapt to other managers changes. This is a greater weakness than I believed he had. I thank the man for everything but he has to go. the clock is ticking and we are not winning the premiership for another year.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:50 am

sack him now
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Coley » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:24 am

I agree with a lot of what has been said.  The last few performaces have been hartening and we have just been unlucky in front of goal and a bit naiive at the back.  I think we are only two more quality players (a quick centre half and a right sided midfielder) short of really getting there.  I think we have got to stick with him, if he stays he will win things for Liverpool and he will be one of those great old managers that have been in the job forever.  Better the devil you know and all that!
Coley

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:50 pm

I have been a big supporter of GH, and regonise what he has achieved for the club, he brought a seriously declining squad into one which is capable of being amongst the top three in England.  But i think his illness has seriously effected him, no longer does he go on scouting missions during the internation break, instead he goes on holiday to france. also in his press conferences he seems to be less charasmatic and enthausastic, if houllier can not give his whole heart and fuull attention to the club, then he must do the hounarble thing and resign at the end of the season, i predict there will be an amicable agreement at the end of the season where he parts company with the club or takes a boardroom position, i only hope that we appoint either Gordan Strachan or Gus hiddink, contrasting styles but both effective in their own ways, THANK YOU HOULLIER for what you have done but now the time is right to part

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion