Baros - Class act

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Supermarius » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:46 pm

Smicer is a total p#ss artist...the most frustrating player to ever wear a Liverpool shirt (no 7 too)
He Played in patches..but if he went ..would u really miss him
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby supersub » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:05 am

There is not a lot of players we would miss if they went.Everyone can be replaced eventually.When Owen leaves in the summer he will be replaced by another player who will score 20 goals.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:14 am

Didn't Paul Stewart wear the famous no.7 Shirt ? And add to that Clough who hardly impressed for LFC, so Smicers got some way to go before he reaches that level of underachievement :P Smicer's an enigma, GH prefers to play him in Europe cos I think that suits his game better and for the Czech Republic he is an automatic choice. Back to Baros , if the lad looked up now and again instead of at his feet he's have 20 assists a season , as for scoring 20 a season, ifficult to say. If owen leaves then we need to buy a proven number 10 (Kanute ? ) to play alongside Baros. All too often when Owena nd baros play together they are running into the same area but on current form you can't leave milan out.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:21 am

Owen isn't gonna leave. Stay positive.

Baros is a good player. Him and Owen can work together. but we need another option. We need a striker who is big, strong and good in the air... who also has pace to offer more veriety... Cisse is the man. I'm sure of it.

The "treble season" Heskey would have been ideal but sadly he doesn't know how to perform like that every week.

Owen, Cisse, Baros and Pongolle next season.

Baros and Pongolle will have that bit more experience than this season... Cisse just has quality alround and we all know how good Owen is. Thats as good as Man Utd's current forward line of RvN, Saha, Solskjaer and Forlan.

Arsenal have Henry, Bergkamp, Aliadiere and Kanu... Kanu's not upto much... Dennis "The Genius" Bergkamp is coming to the end of his career.
115-1073096938

Postby redstorm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:43 am

I really hope that houllier will stop using the darn heskey. He should be moved back to leicester, to the place he belonged in the first place. :angry:
the best is yet to come..
redstorm

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:26 pm

I agree with Stu that Owen might not go. People need to be positive.

I think Owen will sign a new contract soon. I think it will have as much to do with personal reasons as being loyal to the club, as I don't think he will want to move his young family abroad just yet, especially given that his partner was recently injured.

I think we will see Owen at Anfield for a while longer. He might go when he's 28 or 29 and make super bucks abroad, but I think he will stay for now.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby shilton_red » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:28 pm

Is Heskey really as bad as potrayed or is this press and media hype guys .
I think hes better than hes given credit for .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:39 pm

heskey quite simply lacks confidence. he doesn't realise how awesome he could be. in the treble season he was just unplayable.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redstorm » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:50 am

Ill be fair and said that he has lost his touch.. But lets just face it. How many shots on target did he make? Even worse, how many goals has he scored this season???

The most sad but amusing thing abt heskey that he is tall and broad, but doesnt know how to  use this ability. Baros himself would get more headers than heskey, and lets compare their size.. :) He has too many other weaknesses to mention. He is clumsy and slow and stuff.

Do u think he still deserves to be in the starting lineup with owen..?
the best is yet to come..
redstorm

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion