There he goes again - It shows you cannot buy class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Bretc wrote:Jose Moron is a sad little man with no integrity, no character and NO CLASS! He's hopelessly arrogant and is easily the most idiotic football manager I've ever seen in my entire life. Stay away from soccer, Moron, u are tarnishing the beautiful game! The sight of your arrogant face makes mi sick!!!

i wouldn't say that cause he is a gd manager but i do think he is a bad loser and just cant take it when his team dosen't win
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:13 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Agreed John - we're seemingly getting better with every passing week. Meanwhile, Chelsea are often winning games against the run of play, and only then because they've got a bench of players that they've spent £120m on. His game-winning tactics have often been to send on fresh wide players, and anyone could do that. Elsewhere, Man U have come on since the beginning of the season, and if Arsenal can hold on to Henry, I don't think they'll have as poor a league campaign next season as they've had this.

Yesterday Mourinho got found out horribly. It's not an isolated incident, but they've got away with it and walked the title. I'm sure there will have been whispers in the dressing room about the tactics, and when that starts, trouble follows. When the players he's splashed tens of millions on start walking due to lack of action, Chelsea may well start finding it harder to attract the big names. Players like money, but they also like playing football, and preferably not in positions that are alien to them.

Their football isn't on another level or anything, it's just good players that can play together. When they're on song, they win matches. When they're anything short of that, they look unbelievably ordinary, and little or no better than the pre-Abramovich Chelsea. They've ground out results this season though, which I applaud them for. That's the kind of thing champions do. They're absolutely nothing to be frightened of though.

SPOT ON lad  :nod
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GunGod » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:16 pm

john craig wrote:I said before the game that Mourinho's tactical mistakes recently have been ridiculous and that that would be their undoing against us, and it proved to be the case.  They have the best collection of wingers in the world probably, yet Mourinho started none of them, why?  He is a good motivator and can get the best out of his players but he is tactically inept and anyone can see that.

Chelsea will have their work cut out retaining the title next season.  They've been lucky that they had a massive cash injection at the exact same time as us, the mancs and Arsenal were all in transition.  I can't see them winning it next year.

I actually thought that Jose's tactics last night was influenced by his overwhelming desire to pull a tactical coup over Rafa. It was also probably more of a decision to seek personal glory.

Imagine what the papers would have said if Chelsea won the game with Jose's controversial first half team selection. Headlines would probably scream of Jose as a tactical genius, or that he is better than Rafa. That's what he was looking for.

I really feel that this defeat would undermine Jose's respectability within his own squad. He's really losing the plot. Few managers change their formations at half time - most prefer to give it till the 60th min. Granted that he pulled it off a couple of times, such a frequent display of a lack of faith not only in the squad but his own initial selection can only serve to destablize the team's confidence and self-belief.
GunGod

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:27 pm

He's a tw*t. What more can you say?

"they have no chance"(over 40 games of the season, even though it's 38 you gimp.)
Stupid b*stard.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:00 am

Keep it up Moreen.

I really hope Jose is there next season. I think he is the only manager around capable of destroying chelsea title's and cup hopes next season. If you made my dog the manager of Chelsea next year, they would probably win the title. But if Jose continues like this, appearing like a sour bitter deluded twat, the hatred will rise, the pressure on him will rise and no matter the strenght of the team, they will lose games.

So long live Morinho in my opinion.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:00 am

Jose is simply talking :censored:.

He will never be regarded as one of the greatest managers simply because we have no idea how skillful he would have been without the benefit of unlimited resources behind him.

Chelsea are not even run as a business, despite what Peter Kenyon thinks. Their stadium is smaller than Anfield. How many shirts do they sell each year? How big is their worldwide support? How many endorsements (other than Lampard and Terry) do they have? They are basically Roman's hobby. In business terms, they make a massive loss each year.

He won the Portuguese league. Big deal. It's hardly the best in the world. Rafa won La Liga, which is held in far greater regard. He won the UEFA Cup and Champions League. Big deal, so did Rafa.

In spite of all the money Jose and Ranieri spent on players, Chelsea are NOT light years ahead of the rest. They were beaten by LFC in the Champions League and FA Cup. They were nine minutes away from defeat to LFC in the Carling Cup, and were once again beaten in the Champions League.

Even in the Premiership, the gap has been reduced greatly from last season. Next season he knows that Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal (the real "big three") will be breathing down their necks.

Two titles in fifty years?

This makes one "special?"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:54 am

Moaningho is a sick man..no sporting spirit at all... fu©kin' loser....
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:25 am

Benitez shrugs off Mourinho snub 

Benitez got the better of his Chelsea counterpart Mourinho
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says Chelsea counterpart Jose Mourinho did not want to shake hands with him after their FA Cup semi-final.
The Reds beat Chelsea 2-1 in their 10th meeting in two seasons.

"I was with our supporters at the end and I could see him but he didn't want to," said Benitez.

"At least we showed the people we can beat them. They have a lot of good players but we do too. We have a great team spirit."

He added: "We are in the final. My players have done a fantastic job

RAFA REVELS IN FIT OF THE GIGGLES AT FORMATION FOLLY
The Independent 

Football fans try to go for the underbelly and Liverpool’s walking along Sir Matt Busby Way were no different. 

"Chelsea FC," they chanted, "you ain't got no history." You can imagine ambassadors singing much the same to the newly-created Germany in 1871, but, boy, have they gone silent over there now.

Not for the first time, football's bar-room philosophers were way off mark. Chelsea had problems yesterday but none were associated with history. A lack of a decent tactical plan was one, a manager so sure of his powers he imagines he can do almost anything, another. Which just shows how wrong you can be, Jose Mourinho; distorting your line-up to the point of paralysis is not clever, although it verges on being funny.

Quite what the reaction in the Liverpool dressing room was to seeing Paulo Ferreira playing as a right winger is unknown but Rafael Benitez must have been close to breaking into a fit of giggles when he saw Gérémi explaining the position to his Portuguese colleague in the warm-up. "Kick it like this," may not have been the exact words, but they did not appear to be much more complex.

One up to Benitez then, because the only explanation for such a bizarre formation was that Chelsea feared the man on Liverpool's left flank. Harry Kewell was once, infamously, held up to George Best in a Leeds United match programme, but surely two full-backs patrolling the Australian was taking the comparison too far. But then most comparisons were untrustworthy yesterday and especially the one that has Chelsea among the powerhouses in Europe.

Yesterday, until Didier Drogba gave them belated hope, Mourinho's team, cowered into caution by the manager's tactics, looked like the plug had been stretched so far it had come out of the wall. It was Liverpool who crackled with energy and desire.

After 15 minutes of cat and mouse it became clear Liverpool could not be threatened on either flank and Kewell and Steven Gerrard could go forward with relative impunity. The former twisted poor Asier Del Horno into nerve-wracked obsolescence with one run while Gerrard sped past the left-back with such ease just before half-time that Liverpool should have gone in 2-0 ahead at half-time. Only a hopelessly skied shot from Luis Garcia stopped them.

By then John Arne Riise had given Liverpool the lead with a clever free-kick that confounded the defensive angles on the Chelsea wall, so Mourinho had to do something to alter the shade of the game that had become increasingly red. Del Horno was sacrificed to give the Londoners width. Benitez countered by withdrawing Gerrard slightly and, more importantly, by getting another goal.

The last time Luis Garcia scored against Chelsea, in last year's Champions' League semi-final, Mourinho called it a "ghost goal" because he believed the ball had not crossed the line. This time, as the Spaniard thumped a volley past Carlo Cudicini, there was no doubt about the validity, but the spectre of Ferreira and Gallas's headers that gave Garcia a chance will still have the power to haunt.

Benitez won the tactical battle, just as he outwitted Mourinho last year in the Champions' League. Liverpool had history on their side, and for 90 minutes at least they also had the better manager.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:28 am

JOSE’S NOT SO SPECIAL
Press Report 

RAFA BENITEZ was right - Chelsea’s success is down purely and simply to Roman Abramovich and his bottomless pockets. 

Who else is going to claim any credit? Jose Mourinho? When it comes to winning the big games, the one-off encounters that mean so much, too often he's been found wanting.

Champions League semi-finals? Blown it. A showdown with Barcelona? Second-best.

Now this, an FA Cup semi-final which should have established Chelsea's credentials as the ultimate power in English football tossed away through a combination of Mourinho's arrogance and sheer smart alec tampering.

Who else but the self-confessed Special One thought he could get away with such a flagrant disregard for everything Chelsea have built under him?

It gifted Liverpool a place at Cardiff and exposed the very human failings which will haunt Mourinho for years to come..

There were shades of Jose Tinker man and horrible memories of Claudio Ranieri when the Chelsea line-up was revealed.

Because Mourinho, to the shock and surprise of every Blues fan, opted for Paulo Ferreira on the right of a midfield diamond with Michael Essien at its point instead of the free-scoring Frank Lampard.

In a run-of-the-mill Premiership game it would have been a major deviation from the Chelsea norm' in an FA Cup semi-final it was a decision which ranked up there with Ranieri's buffoonery against Monaco two seasons ago.

With Geremi behind Ferreira, it was undoubtedly a tactical switch designed to blunt Liverpool's leftsided threat of Harry Kewell and John Arne Riise while Essien could stand on Xabi Alonso's toes and prevent Benitez's side from building. Yet for all Mourinho's tinkering, it was Kewell and Alonso who provided the biggest threat to the champions.

The Aussie sent in two crosses that begged to be buried after finding acres of space while Alonso stung Petr Cech's fingers with a swerving shot the Chelsea keeper saw late.

At the other end, Jamie Carragher had to be brave in throwing himself at Didier Drogba's flying volley after a mistake by Sami Hyypia gave Chelsea the first glimpse of a chance.

Drogba was the target for merciless stick from the Liverpool fans and he gave them even more ammunition for abuse when he was given the benefit of the doubt on a marginal offside by referee Graham Poll and surged into the Liverpool penalty area.

Given his ferocious form of recent weeks, he was odds-on to give Chelsea the lead, only to nervously stab at it with his left foot and send it three yards wide. It was a major blunder...and made all the more sickening for Chelsea as events unfolded minutes later at the other end.

John Terry had a legitimate moan that his challenge on Garcia was thumpingly fair, only for Graham Poll to call it as foot-up 22 yards from goal and in prime position for the likes of Riise and Steven Gerrard.

And the pair conjured up one of those 'Here's one I prepared earlier' moments of sublime class.

Riise touched the ball to his skipper who stopped it for the Norwegian to curl his left-foot shot into Cech's bottom righthand corner, courtesy of the gap that opened up in the wall between Ferreira and Lampard.

It was a mortal blow to a Chelsea side who looked fragmented and edgy while Liverpool were bursting with the kind of confidence they showed in the two Champions League clashes last season.

Lampard, uncomfortable on the left, could hardly get on the ball and was overshadowed by England team-mate Gerrard while even Terry was found wanting at the back as Mourinho quietly fumed on the bench.

Mourinho had to do something decisive if not drastic at the break, hence the arrival of Dutch flyer Arjen Robben.

It meant Chelsea reverting to a flat midfield four, with Lampard inhabiting the central area he has made his own these past two seasons.

And just for a second it seemed as if Mourinho had shaken off his dunce's cap and replaced it with a professor's mortar board.

Robben's first t o u ch was to swing a free-kick from wide on the right towards the Liverpool far post where Terry was marauding.

A short run, a powerful leap - and the Chelsea skipper met the ball to power it past Jose Reina. Sadly for the blue hordes, Terry had used Riise as a springboard and Poll got it right with his decision to rule out the effort.

If that stuck in Chelsea throats, it was nothing compared to two minutes later when Liverpool tightened their grip on this semifinal.

Another blunder, this time from William Gallas who back-headed a throw-in towards his own goal, saw Garcia break clear. The Spaniard still had an awful lot to do with Terry snorting on his shoulder, but he simply let the ball bounce once before sending a leftfoot volley dipping over Cech.

It was a goal to both raise Liverpool spirits and doubts about Mourinho as he switched to 4-2-4 which at least saw Drogba pull one back after a dreadful Riise error.

But like everything about Chelsea, it was still the reverse Midas touch, turning gold into dirt. And sub Joe Cole missed a sitter in the last minute

So much for the genius. This was the nothing but a case of the emperor's new clothes with Mourinho stripped bare.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:03 am

I hope Maureen stays at Chelski next season.  If you don't let him get under your skin, he's really quite funny.  I'd also hate to see him get out before he's sacked (e.g. Scholari goes to England and Maureen takes over Portugal).  The only thing funnier than listening to his pathetic excuses would be to see him sacked for not being good enough...set your videos for that press conference!
:D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby hobbes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:18 am

I must say the lads played so well. Its not because they SCORED 2 against Chelsea but the way Liverpool controlled the game. SIMPLY SUPERB.

The passing was tremendous. Liverpool kept possession. No long balls. Everything was just nice.

I knew it the moment we scored 2 Chelsea start attacking. They threw in I think about 6 midfielders. What the hell ! they can even win the ball. Of course when they attack like that we defended well too.

Hats off to Reina. He read well Lampard and Cole. Trying to shoot from far. He expected them to do that. Gerrard was plainly perfect in his passing the ball from right to the left to Kewell. I admit Kewell is shining. Yes I said some bad comments about him earlier, but now I admit he is coming back to his old form.

Mourinho admitted one thing vividly. Liverpool first goal, the free kick was brilliant. Coming from this guy, I need to add no more.

As usual Morinhoe refuses to admit that his team is a flop on that day. He refuses to acknowledge that Liverpool were better performers.

P.S one thing that I miss......bloody hell why didn't the camere focus on Drogbar's face when the final whistle was blown. I want to him crying. I waited for that moment. Remember last year's UEFA Championship Semi Final . ..
hobbes

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:08 am

i see it as only a response from a person whom his career is being threatened
"you don't need an expensive manager to achieve trophies from a team with of the most expensive players in the world, you don't even need a manager"
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:38 am

if he's not mentally disturbed, i think he just does it to annoy people....and he knows what he says will cause controversy....i thought he was hillarious last season, but he kept hwhining after he lost matches this season....which annoyed me.

but as a manager he knows that he's jus chattin :censored:, he made his bed now he has to lie in it.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby whylongball? » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:55 am

kunilson wrote:classic signs of megalomania, and a deep-seeded superiority complex. i recommend a full psychological profile of Mourinho, before he becomes a danger to society.

lol you are right!
he sounded like a kid :kungfu:
whylongball?

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:22 am

GunGod wrote:I actually thought that Jose's tactics last night was influenced by his overwhelming desire to pull a tactical coup over Rafa. It was also probably more of a decision to seek personal glory.

Imagine what the papers would have said if Chelsea won the game with Jose's controversial first half team selection. Headlines would probably scream of Jose as a tactical genius, or that he is better than Rafa. That's what he was looking for.

HERE HERE!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion