There he goes again - It shows you cannot buy class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:56 am

i think maureen's on borrowed time. abramovich looked very unhappy on saturday. think about it he spends millions, a LOT of millons on a new toy, he gets the manager who he thinks is gonna win everything in sight and recoup a lot of money for him. the first season in charge is sh#te, cr@p team and cr@p manager. his second season starts off well but ultimately ends up in a semi final against (according to his manager) a poor team, then he has to sit there and listen to the best atmosphere ever created at anfield (remember him clapping along after they'd been beat?) and watch his playthings get beat.

then this season well he watches them get knocked out of the carling cup, get knocked out of the cl, and then sits there and listens to the best atmosphere ever created at old trafford, and watch his playthings get beat, again, by (according to his manager) a poorer team than his. they also struggled for the last half of the season.

i, for one, won't be shocked if he f#cks them off. his team can't cut it on the really big stage, no matter who he buys. if the mancs beat them on sunday i think they'll :censored: one, but i don't want the scum to win so, come on chavs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:10 am

Ah, Mourinho, Mourinho, Mourinho. What insignificant you were back in Barcelona, there you are, Robson's waterboy and shítty translator (Robson spoke in english, Mourinho translated to "spanish" and Barcelona press was outraged due to misunderstandings :D ). Then you were the shitty translator of Van Gaal, and you were funny and unimportant. But being in Barcelona, even as a crappy translator earnt a you place in Oporto, where you had the biggest strike of fluke ever having a great bunch of players.

But your end is near, u bastárd, once Abramovich realises he can find way better managers with his  money.

And you still keep talking cráp. You must wonder why the ball went through the fecking wall, why you played with no wings at all, and why you're so simple as a tactician, yet you still talk shít.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:20 am

Sabre wrote:Image

Ah, Mourinho, Mourinho, Mourinho. What insignificant you were back in Barcelona, there you are, Robson's waterboy and shítty translator (Robson spoke in english, Mourinho translated to "spanish" and Barcelona press was outraged due to misunderstandings :D ). Then you were the shitty translator of Van Gaal, and you were funny and unimportant. But being in Barcelona, even as a crappy translator earnt a you place in Oporto, where you had the biggest strike of fluke ever having a great bunch of players.

But your end is near, u bastárd, once Abramovich realises he can find way better managers with his  money.

And you still keep talking cráp. You must wonder why the ball went through the fecking wall, why you played with no wings at all, and why you're so simple as a tactician, yet you still talk shít.

You know Sabre, sometimes I just LOVE your hispanic views!  :D

That pic is f*cking hilarious! He looks like a spotty-faced teenage weed-demon. I can imagine that face behind a HMV counter. "Scuse me mate, have you got so-and-so's new album in yet?" Moris: "*grunt".

Progresses to translator for, and let's be fair to him, a complete dunce:

"Oh, zis is so unfair, Bobby! I hate you!"

TW*T!  :angry:  :D
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Morth » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:04 am

kazza wrote:JOSE’S NOT SO SPECIAL
Press Report 

RAFA BENITEZ was right - Chelsea’s success is down purely and simply to Roman Abramovich and his bottomless pockets. 

Who else is going to claim any credit? Jose Mourinho? When it comes to winning the big games, the one-off encounters that mean so much, too often he's been found wanting.

Champions League semi-finals? Blown it. A showdown with Barcelona? Second-best.

Now this, an FA Cup semi-final which should have established Chelsea's credentials as the ultimate power in English football tossed away through a combination of Mourinho's arrogance and sheer smart alec tampering.

Who else but the self-confessed Special One thought he could get away with such a flagrant disregard for everything Chelsea have built under him?

It gifted Liverpool a place at Cardiff and exposed the very human failings which will haunt Mourinho for years to come..

There were shades of Jose Tinker man and horrible memories of Claudio Ranieri when the Chelsea line-up was revealed.

Because Mourinho, to the shock and surprise of every Blues fan, opted for Paulo Ferreira on the right of a midfield diamond with Michael Essien at its point instead of the free-scoring Frank Lampard.

In a run-of-the-mill Premiership game it would have been a major deviation from the Chelsea norm' in an FA Cup semi-final it was a decision which ranked up there with Ranieri's buffoonery against Monaco two seasons ago.

With Geremi behind Ferreira, it was undoubtedly a tactical switch designed to blunt Liverpool's leftsided threat of Harry Kewell and John Arne Riise while Essien could stand on Xabi Alonso's toes and prevent Benitez's side from building. Yet for all Mourinho's tinkering, it was Kewell and Alonso who provided the biggest threat to the champions.

The Aussie sent in two crosses that begged to be buried after finding acres of space while Alonso stung Petr Cech's fingers with a swerving shot the Chelsea keeper saw late.

At the other end, Jamie Carragher had to be brave in throwing himself at Didier Drogba's flying volley after a mistake by Sami Hyypia gave Chelsea the first glimpse of a chance.

Drogba was the target for merciless stick from the Liverpool fans and he gave them even more ammunition for abuse when he was given the benefit of the doubt on a marginal offside by referee Graham Poll and surged into the Liverpool penalty area.

Given his ferocious form of recent weeks, he was odds-on to give Chelsea the lead, only to nervously stab at it with his left foot and send it three yards wide. It was a major blunder...and made all the more sickening for Chelsea as events unfolded minutes later at the other end.

John Terry had a legitimate moan that his challenge on Garcia was thumpingly fair, only for Graham Poll to call it as foot-up 22 yards from goal and in prime position for the likes of Riise and Steven Gerrard.

And the pair conjured up one of those 'Here's one I prepared earlier' moments of sublime class.

Riise touched the ball to his skipper who stopped it for the Norwegian to curl his left-foot shot into Cech's bottom righthand corner, courtesy of the gap that opened up in the wall between Ferreira and Lampard.

It was a mortal blow to a Chelsea side who looked fragmented and edgy while Liverpool were bursting with the kind of confidence they showed in the two Champions League clashes last season.

Lampard, uncomfortable on the left, could hardly get on the ball and was overshadowed by England team-mate Gerrard while even Terry was found wanting at the back as Mourinho quietly fumed on the bench.

Mourinho had to do something decisive if not drastic at the break, hence the arrival of Dutch flyer Arjen Robben.

It meant Chelsea reverting to a flat midfield four, with Lampard inhabiting the central area he has made his own these past two seasons.

And just for a second it seemed as if Mourinho had shaken off his dunce's cap and replaced it with a professor's mortar board.

Robben's first t o u ch was to swing a free-kick from wide on the right towards the Liverpool far post where Terry was marauding.

A short run, a powerful leap - and the Chelsea skipper met the ball to power it past Jose Reina. Sadly for the blue hordes, Terry had used Riise as a springboard and Poll got it right with his decision to rule out the effort.

If that stuck in Chelsea throats, it was nothing compared to two minutes later when Liverpool tightened their grip on this semifinal.

Another blunder, this time from William Gallas who back-headed a throw-in towards his own goal, saw Garcia break clear. The Spaniard still had an awful lot to do with Terry snorting on his shoulder, but he simply let the ball bounce once before sending a leftfoot volley dipping over Cech.

It was a goal to both raise Liverpool spirits and doubts about Mourinho as he switched to 4-2-4 which at least saw Drogba pull one back after a dreadful Riise error.

But like everything about Chelsea, it was still the reverse Midas touch, turning gold into dirt. And sub Joe Cole missed a sitter in the last minute

So much for the genius. This was the nothing but a case of the emperor's new clothes with Mourinho stripped bare.

Wasn't it Cudicini who played goalkeeper?

I could have sworn Cech was injured, and I remember being glad he was.  Absolutely outstanding goalkeeper he is.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby TheoRacle » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:10 am

Morth wrote:
kazza wrote:JOSE’S NOT SO SPECIAL
Press Report 

...but he simply let the ball bounce once before sending a leftfoot volley dipping over Cech.

Wasn't it Cudicini who played goalkeeper?

I could have sworn Cech was injured, and I remember being glad he was.  Absolutely outstanding goalkeeper he is.

Well spotted Morth....

I didn't notice that when I read it  :grinning:

Mind you Cech wouldn't have been able to do anything about the goal either!
Last edited by TheoRacle on Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:06 am

sometimes if they smells like sour grapes,look like sour grapes,and tastes like sour grapes then there is a very good that they are sour grapes.....

I think mourniho's so called invinsibility in England was destroyed when Sir Bobby asked him to be gracious in defeat and said that he wasn't so "special" that he wasn't goin to lose fairly and squarely sometimes......seems like he hasn't taken the advice and will sour his and shitski's reputation further.....soon he'll have 2 eat the humble pie that t*it.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Flashard » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:42 am

kazza wrote:Jose Mourinho does not believe Liverpool have the quality to challenge for the Premiership title.

The Reds booked their place in the FA Cup final with a 2-1 win over Mourinho's Chelsea on Saturday.

Mourinho felt his side were unlucky at Old Trafford and believes that over the course of a league season, his Blues will prove far superior to Liverpool.

"Did the best team win today? I don't think so," he declared. "In the last 30 minutes we deserved extra time.

"In the first half nobody was better. They had a good start to the second half but then we dominated the game.

"I cannot wish them luck in the final. Middlesbrough and West Ham will be there and I must respect them."

Turning to next season, Mourinho added: "In The Premiership they have no chance. Over 40 matches no chance. Maybe they will surprise me and they can do it.

"But in 10 matches against us they have won twice. In The Premiership the distance between the teams is 45 points over two seasons.

"We beat them in a final, they beat us in two semi-finals. A psychological advantage? I don't think so.

"In four matches in The Premiership we beat them four times."

He is like a petulent little boy and it really amuses me. All he has to say is "it was a good match and good luck to them" and he ends up looking like a good sport. 

Raffa did stoke the fire with this:

Rafa Benitez claims Jose Mourinho would not have been a success at Chelsea without Roman Abramovich's financial backing.

Mourinho is on the brink of winning back-to-back titles at Stamford Bridge and has also lifted the Carling Cup during his Blues reign.

The Portuguese tactician has been given licence to spend Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's money, splashing out big fees on the likes of Michael Essien and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

But Mourinho's Liverpool counterpart Benitez believes Chelsea's emergence as the team to beat is not due to the manager, but Abramovich.

While Mourinho's managerial style has drawn plaudits from several quarters, Benitez insists the key factor in The Blues' rise to the top is money.

"It's very simple, they have spent more money than anyone else on players," said Benitez. "Abramovich has done a fantastic job with his team.

"After 50 years, they are winning two leagues and that's really good.

"Jose Mourinho has done a good job, but for me the owner is the key. All of them are important, but you can't do anything without Abramovich and he started the revolution."

Liverpool meet Chelsea in an FA Cup semi-final showdown on Saturday and Benitez feels the expectation is on his opponents to reach the final.

He added: "They have a lot of good players, so they must be at the top of the table and they must be in cup finals.

"When you spend big money, it's normal to be at the top of the table and in finals."

All in all "You fooking beauty"  :laugh:

I hate him :angry:

I hate his teams arrogance :angry:

I hate his attitude :angry:

I hate there money :angry:

I love there trophy cabinet as there is fook all in it
:rasp

Idiot he will always be.
Flashard

Postby azriahmad » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:42 am

Actually, take his lack of class and respect as a grudging reluctance to admit that Rafa and Liverpool are the few who actually gets under Maureen's skin. He loathes Wenger like someone who loathes a person whom he believes is "beneath him" in class or ability. He has some degree of respect for Fergie for Fergie's longevity and achievements.

But you feel that he has to show this kind of public castigation/slagging only to 2 people: Rafa Benitez and Frank Rijkaard. These are the 2 people who he must know deep down as better than him tactically and perhaps overall footballing knowledge/abilities and he simply does not like that!

He simply feels that Rafa and Rijkaard (the way he behaved in the ties Chelsea played Barca in these successive seasons) are his peers (perhaps they are his contemporaries in terms of age and coaching experience) who he must better every time and he really hates it when he loses, while he must gloat if he wins.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion