There he goes again - It shows you cannot buy class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:54 am

Jose Mourinho does not believe Liverpool have the quality to challenge for the Premiership title.

The Reds booked their place in the FA Cup final with a 2-1 win over Mourinho's Chelsea on Saturday.

Mourinho felt his side were unlucky at Old Trafford and believes that over the course of a league season, his Blues will prove far superior to Liverpool.

"Did the best team win today? I don't think so," he declared. "In the last 30 minutes we deserved extra time.

"In the first half nobody was better. They had a good start to the second half but then we dominated the game.

"I cannot wish them luck in the final. Middlesbrough and West Ham will be there and I must respect them."

Turning to next season, Mourinho added: "In The Premiership they have no chance. Over 40 matches no chance. Maybe they will surprise me and they can do it.

"But in 10 matches against us they have won twice. In The Premiership the distance between the teams is 45 points over two seasons.

"We beat them in a final, they beat us in two semi-finals. A psychological advantage? I don't think so.

"In four matches in The Premiership we beat them four times."

He is like a petulent little boy and it really amuses me. All he has to say is "it was a good match and good luck to them" and he ends up looking like a good sport. 

Raffa did stoke the fire with this:

Rafa Benitez claims Jose Mourinho would not have been a success at Chelsea without Roman Abramovich's financial backing.

Mourinho is on the brink of winning back-to-back titles at Stamford Bridge and has also lifted the Carling Cup during his Blues reign.

The Portuguese tactician has been given licence to spend Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's money, splashing out big fees on the likes of Michael Essien and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

But Mourinho's Liverpool counterpart Benitez believes Chelsea's emergence as the team to beat is not due to the manager, but Abramovich.

While Mourinho's managerial style has drawn plaudits from several quarters, Benitez insists the key factor in The Blues' rise to the top is money.

"It's very simple, they have spent more money than anyone else on players," said Benitez. "Abramovich has done a fantastic job with his team.

"After 50 years, they are winning two leagues and that's really good.

"Jose Mourinho has done a good job, but for me the owner is the key. All of them are important, but you can't do anything without Abramovich and he started the revolution."

Liverpool meet Chelsea in an FA Cup semi-final showdown on Saturday and Benitez feels the expectation is on his opponents to reach the final.

He added: "They have a lot of good players, so they must be at the top of the table and they must be in cup finals.

"When you spend big money, it's normal to be at the top of the table and in finals."

All in all "You fooking beauty"  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:57 am

He is truley a sore loser. No class at all. Class is something that i dont think Chelsea fas will ever understand. You can just buy everything. Although money does help as Rafa pointed out it also helps to have great supporters and a together team. I could only hear YNWA yesterday. All Chelsea fans could come up with was - "Come on Chelsea!" over and over iun that stilly robotic voice!!!!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:01 am

Well Maureen!  :angry:

He is worried! He is worried that our team can win the premiership next season because of our good team spirit and squad. He is jealous of Liverpool and wants us to fail miserably!

In the end we beat Chetski 2 to 1!  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:06 am

Sour poof.

He'd probably say the same thing even if we thumped them.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:12 am

Make no mistake we have improved this year a lot but if we want to win the Premieship we need that extra depth in our squad ie: a few more players. This showed towards the end as Chelsea were on tp of us. They were able to d this becaue that have such a deep squad.

Rafa knos this and im sure Parry is well aware of this also. We came close to getting to the top in 2001 but we didnt make the push then. Lets hope we dont make this mistake this time round. Id like to say we shoudl really aim for 2nd next year but i just know if Rafa is alowed to spend some serious money this summer we could shock the Premiership.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:23 am

kazza wrote:Raffa did stoke the fire with this:

Rafa Benitez claims Jose Mourinho would not have been a success at Chelsea without Roman Abramovich's financial backing.

Mourinho is on the brink of winning back-to-back titles at Stamford Bridge and has also lifted the Carling Cup during his Blues reign.

The Portuguese tactician has been given licence to spend Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's money, splashing out big fees on the likes of Michael Essien and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

But Mourinho's Liverpool counterpart Benitez believes Chelsea's emergence as the team to beat is not due to the manager, but Abramovich.

While Mourinho's managerial style has drawn plaudits from several quarters, Benitez insists the key factor in The Blues' rise to the top is money.

"It's very simple, they have spent more money than anyone else on players," said Benitez. "Abramovich has done a fantastic job with his team.

"After 50 years, they are winning two leagues and that's really good.

"Jose Mourinho has done a good job, but for me the owner is the key. All of them are important, but you can't do anything without Abramovich and he started the revolution."

Liverpool meet Chelsea in an FA Cup semi-final showdown on Saturday and Benitez feels the expectation is on his opponents to reach the final.

He added: "They have a lot of good players, so they must be at the top of the table and they must be in cup finals.

"When you spend big money, it's normal to be at the top of the table and in finals."

All in all "You fooking beauty"  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Rafa is 100 times smarter than Mourinho - for sure!
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:31 am

Mourinho under-estimated us by his tactics and team selection. But in the end it was Rafa and the lads who out-smarted Mourinho & his cheating players. He can't take losing and thats' why him and his players didn't congratulate us after we won.

Then he made comments about how he was robbed, he couldn't even admit he got it wrong, I have no respect for him whatsoever or his team.

They have no class or respect for anyone else & then when no one respects them they start crying to the press about it. Respects a two way thing Mourinho you complete (d)ickstain.

:rasp
48-1119859832

Postby kunilson » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:35 am

classic signs of megalomania, and a deep-seeded superiority complex. i recommend a full psychological profile of Mourinho, before he becomes a danger to society.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:12 pm

maureen was outclassed in every department by rafa,

Rafa should have been one of the generals from the past that demands respect from every one by the way he carries out all of his duties with guile pride and dignity, by far the best man for the liverpool job

a big well done to parry for getting him and rafa is stiching himself into the fibre of the club with ever passing minute,

oh and feck off jose you daft whining little girl, did you go to the wenger/fergie school of crying when you lose and bigging yourself up when you win, ( I have to say that i hate that CU#T more than i hate fergie, at least some of fergies teams have played good football,even for manc scum)
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby hicks » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:10 pm

we outplayed them in the first half but even maureen wouldnt admit it:D  he was moaning about the decisions against his team but didnt mention that drogba was a mile offside when he blasted his shot wide
I know i know but i joined before THAT HICKS did  Oh Lordy
hicks

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:31 pm

I said before the game that Mourinho's tactical mistakes recently have been ridiculous and that that would be their undoing against us, and it proved to be the case.  They have the best collection of wingers in the world probably, yet Mourinho started none of them, why?  He is a good motivator and can get the best out of his players but he is tactically inept and anyone can see that.

Chelsea will have their work cut out retaining the title next season.  They've been lucky that they had a massive cash injection at the exact same time as us, the mancs and Arsenal were all in transition.  I can't see them winning it next year.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Agreed John - we're seemingly getting better with every passing week. Meanwhile, Chelsea are often winning games against the run of play, and only then because they've got a bench of players that they've spent £120m on. His game-winning tactics have often been to send on fresh wide players, and anyone could do that. Elsewhere, Man U have come on since the beginning of the season, and if Arsenal can hold on to Henry, I don't think they'll have as poor a league campaign next season as they've had this.

Yesterday Mourinho got found out horribly. It's not an isolated incident, but they've got away with it and walked the title. I'm sure there will have been whispers in the dressing room about the tactics, and when that starts, trouble follows. When the players he's splashed tens of millions on start walking due to lack of action, Chelsea may well start finding it harder to attract the big names. Players like money, but they also like playing football, and preferably not in positions that are alien to them.

Their football isn't on another level or anything, it's just good players that can play together. When they're on song, they win matches. When they're anything short of that, they look unbelievably ordinary, and little or no better than the pre-Abramovich Chelsea. They've ground out results this season though, which I applaud them for. That's the kind of thing champions do. They're absolutely nothing to be frightened of though.
ivor_the_injun

Postby darwisigila » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:23 pm

moanrinho selection showed how arrogant he is. i bet he think that he can win the game with the players his send out in first half and he also think, he will win after he switched to the familliar formation 4-4-2 with joe cole, robben and duff. He just want show that any players or formation he choose, no one can stop them.....
darwisigila

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:28 pm

i just think he is :censored: off with the fact that the gap between chelsea and the other teams is closing and the fact that he knows his team r going to be challenged next season
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bretc » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:41 pm

Jose Moron is a sad little man with no integrity, no character and NO CLASS! He's hopelessly arrogant and is easily the most idiotic football manager I've ever seen in my entire life. Stay away from soccer, Moron, u are tarnishing the beautiful game! The sight of your arrogant face makes mi sick!!!
Bretc

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion