Baros + alonso, total class.......... - Never mind owen, milan is the man!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:42 pm

Yeah totally Hustler man, great post. Baros well better than Owen.

Who scored the most goals again last night?

Owen's a different class of player. End of.
115-1073096938

Postby espantoso » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:22 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:Whats so impressive is when he's under pressure on the ball, being pushed kicked etc, the ball is just glued to his feet! his speed,quick thought,  and ability to turn and shoot is a joy to watch. This is what Gerard Houllier was missing last year. You give a guy confidence by playing him for a few games and see what happens. Ok He didnt score but. his play was Awesome. def 9 out of 10. !!!!!

You are absolutely right, Milan Baros is a fantastic forward. When i saw him last night, i was absolutely astonished. That night he might have scored 4 goals, if there were no Molina :angry:
And about Owen... I dont really know who is better, because they play very different. Baros is a builder, and Owen is finisher.
RAFA RULEZZ
espantoso

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:14 pm

Yeah Baros MIGHT have but didnt' score 4 yesterday. Says it all if you ask me. :)
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:17 pm

It looks to me that you need to be more patient Stu.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:04 pm

Who's missed more penalties stu  :p  :p  :p .... in one season!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:08 pm

I think that Stu is still living in the past. He has not gotten over the fact that Houllier,Heskey,Murphy and Owen are gone. Advice: Get over it and move on with your ****** life.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:19 pm

Advice to A.B...

Look after your own life. :)
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:21 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Advice to A.B...

Look after your own life. :)

Yet another pathetetic attempt to insult me.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:54 am

Actually I think it was a threat  ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby DAV » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:34 am

Alonso class
I don't think baros is better than owen at his best, but 2 be honest over the past couple of seasons owen has been out of form and baros is only now getting his chance. And i 4 1 like what i see.
1 thing i dont get
STU u loved heskey, probabley were sleeping with him or somthing.
when the guy was a total waste of time and money as his scoring showed 4 us.
Baros has the pace and the skill at times
so what u got against him
also last season all u did was slate anyone who said a bad word about our team and manager, all we heard from u was give it time and it will come right
but with our new manager, it seems u want him out of the door already
WHY IS THIS
AS YOU KEEP TELLING US ALL, U GO TO MORE GAMES THAN ANYONE ON THE PLANET (EVEN THE PLAYERS)
AND R A BIGGER SUPPORTER THAN SHANKLEY
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:56 am

stu_the_red wrote:Yeah totally Hustler man, great post. Baros well better than Owen.

Who scored the most goals again last night?

Owen's a different class of player. End of.

Stu, Was Owen the Top scorer in European Championship 2004 of all the nations?

Who was?

Owen got outshined by Rooney the Looney for Christ Sake.

If Baros, had the run Owens' had at LFC then you would have seen a lot of goals from Baros.

Those of you who say Baros hasnt scored 20+ goals for LFc are havin a laugh! He's only just been able to break into the team. you cant do it on the bench.

Owen is a 1 dimensional striker, Baros offers more.

Stu Baros Top scorer in Euros!....END OF!
:D
72-1090627431

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:06 pm

Stu, Was Owen the Top scorer in European Championship 2004 of all the nations?

Who was?

Owen got outshined by Rooney the Looney for Christ Sake.

If Baros, had the run Owens' had at LFC then you would have seen a lot of goals from Baros.

Those of you who say Baros hasnt scored 20+ goals for LFc are havin a laugh! He's only just been able to break into the team. you cant do it on the bench.

Owen is a 1 dimensional striker, Baros offers more.

Stu Baros Top scorer in Euros!....END OF!
:D

Really... end of?

Whats Baros ever won?

Was Baros ever named Europian player of the year?

And has Baros ever scored more than 12 goals in a season for Liverpool...

Erm... end of what Hustler? ???
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:31 pm

Actually I think it was a threat 

I live thousands of miles away, he can kiss my a$$.

Really... end of?

Whats Baros ever won?

Was Baros ever named Europian player of the year?

And has Baros ever scored more than 12 goals in a season for Liverpool...

Erm... end of what Hustler? 

Owen started playing for us when he was 16. He has more experience than Baros, he was able to accomplish things at a young age that Baros still hasn't accomplished. Baros started playing in a low level club in the Czech Republic then once we signed him all he ever was a sub.

Therefore he has never had the oppurtunity to nurture his talent by playing constantly. Now he has that chance. If he can continue to play like he has against Deportivo and able to score goals constantly, he will turn into a great player.

Right now Michael Owen is a better player than Baros obiviously. However that can change in two or three years.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:45 am

stu_the_red wrote:And has Baros ever scored more than 12 goals in a season for Liverpool...

Thats not fair on Baros, How many full seasons of games has he had, compared to Owen? I think you'll find that Baros was never given the opportunity to play for more a or less a whole season. Wheras, Owen has played virtually every season since breaking through.

So that is a poor argument.
72-1090627431

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:55 am

please.. someone is having a laugh.  I know people got p155ed off with Owen for leaving us the way he did, but the guy was pure class.  To be the top scorer at a club as big as Livverpool practicalllu every year even with the amount of injuries he had was nothing short of a miracle.  Now I think Baros has potential, but I always get the feeling he is playing for him... rather than the team.  I hope he does come good, but he has a long way to go before you can even put him on par with Owen
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion