Must buy drogba the guy is class!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:13 pm

why dont we buy Guily from Monaco, he had a good first leg against Chelsea.

And lets buy Morientes, he played well in two games.

Shall we buy Deco, who had one good game, Valeron one great televised game and Rotten who played well twice on the telly.

FOR f##ks SAKE, that is why you people are not managers of premeirship clubs.

A player needs to be watched over ten to twelve games, against good oposition, not once on ITV.

p#ss OFF
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri May 07, 2004 8:18 pm

I agree not to judge players on a few performances....

but my judgement of Cisse is not based on majority of this and much of last season.

Valeron is pure class mate.....

Morientes is also class.....

Guily?.....one good season...

:)

I should be manager....... :D
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 07, 2004 8:38 pm

Hey Leon, you getting ready for the game and taking those angry pils again mate ? :D Forgive the cliche but you need to calm down, your going to burst a blood vessel :p

Your right though, always hapens this kind of talk when a player gets a lot of exposure on TV. Don't those Sky afficiendo's come out in their droves when they watch too much of a decent player and a decent player he is , looks the part, scores goals (1 less than Cisse in thre French league) frightenns defenders to death, is quick and strong. Lets hope Cisse who I haven't seen cos I don't have SKY is just as good  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zardoz » Fri May 07, 2004 8:42 pm

two very nice strikers :
Drogba has been more decisive in big games than Cisse this season though.

btw, to buy something it has to be for sale first.
Zardoz

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri May 07, 2004 8:48 pm

Zardoz wrote:btw, to buy something it has to be for sale first.

not true......

if the price is good enough every player is for sale...

I'm sure 12mil will make cisse availabe...
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zardoz » Fri May 07, 2004 8:51 pm

well Cisse has been oficially for sale for a long time ;)

and Auxerre is well-known for selling all their best players year after year. i would be depressed working as a manager there   :(
Zardoz

Postby Supermarius » Fri May 07, 2004 9:55 pm

If Cisse is better than Drogba ,how come he didnt win French player of the year? You dont win that by having 2 good games against Newcastle and Liverpool
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 08, 2004 12:31 am

banana wrote:You have to judge players on what they do today, and what they are likely to do in the future. This is what I do.

How can you guarantee Drogba is going to be class in the future, or great in the premiership.

I agree with you he is a great striker, but Owen is class and has been injured a lot of this season playing in a grossly underperforming side. Cisse has scored more goals than Drogba in France this year, and Drogba has scored a lot in the UEFA cup but Marseille have been good in the UEFA cup.

My point is Owen is proven quality in the premiership, with a renewd attitude in the season, CL football (hopefully) and some new signings in midfield to give us a bit more creativity, OWen will be banging them in again, and I think Cisse will be a fantastic strike partner for him.

If Owen leaves in the summer and we bought Drogba, I would be ok with that, althugh i'd be sad Owen was leaving, the club would have to move on.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby malone » Sat May 08, 2004 7:08 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:why dont we buy Guily from Monaco, he had a good first leg against Chelsea.

Shall we buy Deco, who had one good game, Valeron one great televised game and Rotten who played well twice on the telly.

A player needs to be watched over ten to twelve games, against good oposition, not once on ITV.

p#ss OFF

and i guess thats why you are a manager of a premiership club :p

plus i wouldnt mind having any of the players you just mentioned, they do have quality.
malone

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 08, 2004 12:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:why dont we buy Guily from Monaco, he had a good first leg against Chelsea.

p#ss OFF

Yeah I had to watch Maradonna for a whole season before I decided he could play.
Leon u are so far up your own a#se you're mistaking s##t for wit, p#ss off urself :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion