Top class article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:31 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N148222050321-1118.htm

David Moyes and his captain Alan Stubbs may not have been on the winning side in a game that was billed the most important Merseyside derby in 20 years but the pair have both been gracious in defeat. 
Rather than make excuses for the defeat which moves Liverpool to within four points of fourth place, both the Everton manager and his veteran defender both admitted the best team won on the day.

David Moyes on the amount of injury time played

"It definitely wasn't three minutes. I couldn't believe it. We'll check it out. We might be wrong but, if we're not, we'll soon be letting them know."

Alan Stubbs on referee Rob Styles

"We were the only team that had bookings."

David Moyes on the amount of injury time played (again)

"It was just three minutes. We scored and then the ball is in the crowd and held by a fan, how long should you get for that?"

Alan Stubbs on Tony Hibbert's terrible tackle on Luis Garcia that led to the opening goal

"Continental players will go down a lot easier. Referees have to be big enough to see that but unfortunately they are not."

"I thought we were going to get the equaliser and if we would have had enough time then we might have."

Alan Stubbs on the importance of Sunday's derby

"This game was important but we won't lose heart because we lost it. We are still in the driving seat. The others still have to hope we drop points and they would gladly swap places with us."

"After we scored, they kicked the ball into the crowd and we did not have a ball to play with, never mind the substitutions and when Alan Stubbs was down injured."

Alan Stubbs on Liverpool's celebrations at the end

"Liverpool celebrated at the end as if they had taken fourth place but we will see how things stand at the end of the season."

David Moyes on how Everton didn't do anything wrong

"I don't think it was a matter of us doing anything wrong. It was more Liverpool did things that theyhave not been doing this season."

Alan Stubbs forgives Milan Baros for his mistimed tackle

"It was a ridiculous challenge. I would crucify myself if I made a challenge like that. It was a challenge that could finish a player's career. It was a s***bag's challenge. I won't have it that it was a striker's challenge; there is no such thing. I can accept players who turn their back and leave their foot dangling. But no player should look at another player, and leave their foot there and deliberately do it. No matter what, there is no place for that in football."

"I think the referee played three minutes. He didn't even play three minutes and a bit, he was right on the button."

Alan Stubbs admits the Baros tackle wasn't that bad really

"It will take a lot more than that to knock me down."

"The referee might be proven right and I'm not saying I'm right, but we will look at the videos and check it."

David Moyes insists he doesn't want to talk about referee Rob Styles

"I don't want to talk about the referee, but the authorities just have to make sure they pick the right ones for the big games."

David Moyes on referee Rob Styles

"The referees have got to be good enough for the games. Maybe today the referee wasn't."

David Moyes asks how anyone could criticise Nigel Martyn after his amazing season

"Who can criticise Nigel after how he has played for us this season?"

David Moyes on Nigel Martyn

"I think Nigel Martyn could have done better for both goals. There was perhaps a case today for Nigel to hold his hands up, and to be fair, he has done that. He has distinguished himself in the past and is a terrific keeper that has saved us many times in the past and hopefully it won't happen again."

David Moyes on referee Rob Styles(again)

"We didn't get a lot of protection and didn't get the decisions that mattered."

David Moyes on the race for fourth

"We didn't set out to be here and we don't have the finance to be in this position. Some people have spent 100 million to be in fourth." 

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am not sure whether all these quotes are really said by both of them but nevertheless, it is a very top class article.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:35 pm

:laugh:  pmsl .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:42 pm

I wonder if it took more then 3 minutes to think up those quotes :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:57 pm

Everton manager David 'gollum' Moyes has bleated about the amount of injury time added by referee Rob Styles.

The referee added three minutes of stoppage time at the end of 90 minutes but that was not enough for Moyes who claimed his side could have earned a draw if more time had been played.

"If we had been given enough time at the end yes, but the officials had other ideas. I mean it wasn't three minutes was it? It was at least five. We scored and the Liverpool fans wouldn't give the ball back and Dudek was time wasting walking from one side to the other with his goal kicks," said the Lord of the Rings star.

"I thought Liverpool were very good in the first half but we went for it in the second half and were a little unlucky. Liverpool did things they haven't done all season. They played well.

"We are still in the position they want to be in so it's great for Everton. We haven't got the same financial resources as teams like Liverpool so it's great for us. If we had won this game and gone four points clear of Liverpool then I would have been dancing up and down the pitch. We are in a great position."

What a to$$er. When Hibbet fouler Smicer, all the Everton players ran up to the ref and started complaining about everything under the sun. It took the ref nearly two minutes to sort this out, book Hibbet and re start the game. Yet Gollum wanted these two minutes added on.

Why, their f#cking players wasted it, not us!

Well done ref, and most importantly the forth ref, for not buckling under Gollums presure from the touchline.

Talk about Bad loser, he had better start getting used to it :laugh:
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:05 pm

Gotta remember St Mick ,Gollum has spent most of his career in the murky depths of the prem . The bright lights and rarerafied air of the top part of the table have affected him .
The fkiing worm !

:D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Bitter bluenose', their usually the yard dogs and kick f**k out of us but when we give it back they don't like it!! :angry:

I used to like Moyes but he showed his true colours yesterday.

The cheeky b3stard even said this "I thought Liverpool were very good in the first half but we went for it in the second half and were a little unlucky. Liverpool did things they haven't done all season. They played well"
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:29 pm

whingeing blue ballbags :p
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:43 pm

actually, i have to agree with the comment that we did things we haven't done all season. - i.e. gone right at a team from the start and properly given them a beating. it should have been 4-0 before the hour and moyes knows it - an extra 10 minutes of time at the end would have made no difference.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion