Baros - Class act

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:49 pm

while michael owen goes on missing chance for fun, milan baros has really come to the fore in the last three matches. despite his broken ankle, he was our best player at portsmouth and ran himself into the ground against levski. then to cap the week off he scores an absolute blinder against leeds. if owen does go (which is likely) then do you all reckon that baros can be a 20+ goals a season man?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:54 pm

yes
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby THEBARON » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:15 pm

Yes Baros has made a real positive impression since he came back . Let's hope he can stay injury free for the rest of the season and get a settled run in the team. When he plays he adds an extra dimension to the team. His goal scoring record at international level is pretty impressive ( 12 goals in 20 odd games ) which suggests that he can score at the top level.
THEBARON

Postby Supermarius » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:17 pm

Baros looks awesome..He reminds me a bit of Van Nistleroy in his style of play..I reckon he will be a 20 plus  man easily
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:44 pm

What he did vs Leeds was brilliant. It`s gonna be exciting to follow his career, I think he can become a real class act. How old is he, I mean he has lots of years ahead ?
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:46 pm

Baros can become a 20 goal a season player, whether he does is down to him. I'd rather see Baros and Owen paired than have to choose between them, but ffs Kermit get rid of Heskey or even better, take him with you on your way out
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:55 pm

Baros is showing great promise and he is still very young...lets hope he can blossom into a fantastic player.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby ynwa » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:36 pm

BAROS IS ABOUT 20
HE HAS INPOVEDOVERTHE LAST FEW GAMES
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:41 am

Baros has impressed since his return and I'm pleased for the player as he has battled back froma  freak injury @ Blackburn. He will get better as his finishing and tendancy to over elaborate lets him down. This is in no way a criticism by the way just an observation from watching his play. he's showing Owen up at present and if Owen does leave then we need a poven goalscorer to play alongside him, I'd like to see Kanute myself at Anfield, should have joined us 18 months ago instead of going to Spurs ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shilton_red » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:13 am

Baros looks awesome to me . 20 goal a season man , and can creat chances too .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:40 am

Baros is a raw talent who could go a long way if he applies himself and works hard on his game. I think Dalglish is right when he says the young Czech has a tendancy to over elaborate, but I like the fact that he plays with no fear and is a small bit arrogant.

I give Houllier lots of stick but he made a wise move in signing Baros.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:27 pm

Baros has always looked impressive, last season he sould have been in the first team instead of Heskey. This was going to be his season but he got injured, but good luck for the rest of the season.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:32 pm

watch out for him in the summer. his goalscoring record for his country is second to none. i've actually got £10 on the czechs to win it at 14/1. they're very dangerous.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:36 pm

Baros is one of the few successful Houllier singings who look like they are improving rather than declining.

As someone else said, Baros could be a surprise hit at the European Championships. I follow the Czech Republics form given the Liverpool connection and Baros has scored a lot of goals for them coming off the bench. He got a peach against France in Paris last year.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:38 pm

He can't be any good.

He was signed for £3.5m and was unknown and unproven before he came here.

Houllier is a rubbish manager remember and isn't capable of pulling off such a signing.

Now in all honesty...

Yes he's quality.

I'd expect next season and the season after for him to be a 17-22 goals a season player. He's got quality and raw talent.

Some fella at the Derby discribed him as an out of control dodgem.... good discription.

He's never gonna be as good as Michael Owen and i think Cisse is also a better player but he certainly has the ability to play at the highest level and next season with these three as our three first choice strikers that leaves us with superb options and great cover. So WHEN Owen gets injured we'll be left with Milan and Cisse hopefully. Nice. :)

He needs to improve his touch and get his head up more i think. He also needs to learn when a player is in a better position than himself and he needs to stop trying to beat a man 3 times. apart from that he has the makings of an extremely good player.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion