Must buy drogba the guy is class!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri May 07, 2004 2:08 pm

that's my point. the guy has had one good season. for god's sake michael ricketts had a great season a few years back and won an england cap. now look at the big donkey. he makes heskey look mobile! :D

the point is, drogba has to reproduce this form for another couple of years to justify all the hype that surrounds him at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 07, 2004 2:23 pm

Anyway whats the point of this thread we have pretty much sewn up the deal with cisse!

That means we dont need anymore Forwards!

Lets think of wingers centre mids and centre halfs
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 07, 2004 2:26 pm

i dunno what the point of half of the threads on here are anymore. people should concentrate on the rest of the season and then start speculating about next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 07, 2004 2:30 pm

I dont want to think about this rest of this for season too long or i'll go grey!

lol
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 07, 2004 2:52 pm

Damien Duff would have been great at Liverpool!!!

???
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 07, 2004 2:54 pm

don't even get me started on that subject. the guy should have been snapped up after the world cup. absolute class and a lot more consistent than kewell. can't argue with the price we paid for kewell though as duff would have cost 15m+.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 07, 2004 3:17 pm

What do guys think of Gronjkear on the right hand side?
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby malone » Fri May 07, 2004 3:28 pm

banana wrote:Impulse buy? Drogba was great last year and scored goals for fun in champions league. Drogba is exactly the kind of player Liverpool need. Big, strong, pacey striker with good footballing skills and an eye for the goal. He can have a go at the big central defenders in the premiership and he would be a major treath if Kewell and Diouf make some decent crosses. When you see him play, it is 100% effort. He is a winner, and he hates to lose. This mentality is very different from that of our so called "superstars" (except Gerrard.) I'd swap Drogba for Owen any day. Heck I would even pay £ 5 mio + Owen for this guy.

completely agree with this, drogba has proven in the champions league that he can cut it with the best of players now he is doing in the uefa cup (scored against every opponent) and he is also doing it in the french league. the guy is a amazing and we need  him now for a bargain 15 million cause he will be worth alot more in a couple of years.  i love owen, but this guy in all honesty is alot better than owen. how would a partnership of drogba and cisse be upfront? we wouldnt lose.

i understand you guys saying that you cant judge someone from one season only, but you can clearly see that drogba is not a one season wonder he is the real deal trust me.  have you seen how cr#p the marseile team is, and he still does everthing that henry does (maybe not at the level yet but you know wat i mean)
malone

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 07, 2004 3:33 pm

Sorry but have people forgot Owen has proved himself as class
Why have a pretender when we already have an established goalscorer

I cant even be bothered to type anymore
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri May 07, 2004 3:50 pm

Cisse and Drogba would be a handful upfront  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 07, 2004 5:37 pm

After seeing Drogba's performance this uefa cup , especially against us and Newcastle , Cisse better be OUTFKINGSTANDING . How come Foolier didn't see this one ? He's French , isn't he ??? ??? ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 07, 2004 5:49 pm

woof woof ! wrote:After seeing Drogba's performance this uefa cup , especially against us and Newcastle , Cisse better be OUTFKINGSTANDING . How come Foolier didn't see this one ? He's French , isn't he ??? ??? ???

Well at least he speaks french  :p  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby banana » Fri May 07, 2004 6:49 pm

Mr. Malone:
I also fancy a partnership of Cisse and Drogba. These two guys have skill in every departement. They are big, strong, fast and have good technical abilities. They will cause all sorts of problems for any defence in the world and would immediately turn liverpool into a title contender. When I see the strenght and determination in Drogba's runs, I see a winner. Not even the great wall of china could have prevented him from scoring yesterday.

Mr. Stmichael
You say Kewell and Diouf don't provide crosses. You surely know we play a weak lone striker at 5 ft 4' and 60 kg. I say what's the point?  If I was playing on the wings I do not think I would bother to cross the ball in the box either. That is a wasted ball. If we put Cisse and Drogba in the box... well that is another story. Even weak crosses might produce goal scoring opportunities.

Also..I do not know why people are so caught up in the past. A player that played well in the years 1998-2001 is not automatically a good player in 2005. You have to judge players on what they do today, and what they are likely to do in the future. This is what I do. I am also a fan of the club, and I support the club NOT the players. They will come and go. The club remains.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri May 07, 2004 7:45 pm

Drogba is good player but I stick with Cisse and we don't need more stirkers after we get Cisse this summer so what we need is right side midfielder, pacey centre back and maybe midfielder, hey Liverpool fans, I am wondering about Hamann, has he been offered a new contract yet or not cos he got one more year left?
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri May 07, 2004 8:04 pm

Cisse as many have already said is much better than Drogba...

Gronkjaer on the right ? I'd rather leave Diouf there. VAN DER MEYDE...

Hamann should defenitively be offered a new contract he has performed
excellently this season and deserves it......Also Owen needs a new contract......will he sign it already...

Agree with stan a forward,centre mid.,right mid. and centre back....
and ofcourse a new manager in this order.

1.new manager
2.centre back
3.centre mid.
4.striker
5.right mid

:)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion