Houllier will not win it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby edwards » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:38 pm

Houllier will not win it for Liverpool.

We were watching earlier today the start of new and promised Houllier’s style of attacking and attractive football against Chelsea.  He has promised us, the fans good football with plenty goals.

In the actual fact we have watched a Liverpool team exactly the same of last season, with same players but except one new face. A team who was without sort, without ideas, without width, without shape, totally disjointed, lacked energy and discipline, could not pass correctly, or shoot at goal properly. Any Liverpool team that start with headless chicken player like Bruno Cheyrou, who I do not think he is even good for our receives.
I just don’t understand why our dear Heskey was not sold before the start of the season, who was supposed to be a goner at the end of last season!!!!!!.

I am sorry friends we might have to wait for a lot more years before we can win the league, and certainly not under Houllier, who as usual said that he was sorry for the players, and that Chelsea a very good team etc, more stupid excuses which had revelled a same as last season, and he was short to say that Chelsea was the home team and Liverpool was the away team, and how exactly did look during the game, Liverpool has made Chelsea look so good with their expensive new faces, because Liverpool was so bad, and did not improve from last season failure.

Houllier lack the tactical strategy and practical methods of good attacking football, who can and will not be able to change his tactics during a game, his selection still shabby, with one and solid style only, plan “A” and if that does not work change personal and hope for the best, well any third division’s manager could do that!

I do not have much hope for this season, while Houllier is still in charge, and every loving and sincere Liverpool fan should have listened to John Toshack’s comments, after the game, would probably share my point of view.

The fans and Liverpool chairman and board of directors should really consider the removal of Houllier, if Liverpool FC going to have a serious chance of winning the league.

Edwards
edwards

Postby gaz31 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:47 am

jolly good shout edwards i agree with you all the way.........
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:55 am

I can't understand why Houllier keeps giving empty/meaningless/irrelevant excuses and his deranged way of explaining why Liverpool are always unlucky, deserved a draw, could have won etc and still get away with it! If anybody's unlucky, it is us suffering fans and also the talented players who get stuck with the same negative tactics created or imposed on them by one Houllier week in, week out. Seems to me that he is the only lucky guy - so lucky that his position at the club was never in doubt in spite of his repeated short comings. Come on Liverpool, get rid of him and let's move on! Imagine that if we should continue with him, great players like Owen, Gerrard and Hyppia (all of whom epitomise the Liverpool spirit so often) will never get a decent crack at winning the title.
Sadly, the Liverpool of today is a collection of one-dimensioned tactical ability and play a very bland and sterile game with no imagination, no width, no penetration, so predictable and will continue to be underachieving in the near future with Houllier at the helm. Get a real manager - take your pick at any of the oposition's managers who can do much better with the present pool of talent - and get a decent crack at the title. i saw the Leeds game earlier and I like their fighting spirit although their team is less talented than Newcastle. That's what we want!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AHAK » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:57 am

I agree but....we have a board of directors and a chairman who are too nice and kind for their own good.  THey allow managers to outstay their welcome when it is clear their time is up.  It happened with Souness, then Evans and now Houllier.  If they do something now we might be able to find a manager who is capable of providing entertainment as well as results.

GH heres some advice:  Its not the size of the squad, its how you use them.

peace
AHAK

Postby Cleman » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:52 am

look at current liverpool team and playing tactic, i think this season (if lucky) maybe liverpool can only win the league cup again (those big clubs not interested) and then qualify for UEFA Cup next season........

However, to consider liverpool as the EPL title contender....it is still long way to go....i think liverpool is no more same level with MU, Arsenal, Chelsea, or Newcasttle.......liverpool now look more likely to the team like Everton, Blackburn, Man City etc who aim for UEFA Cup qualification.............

To win the EPL title....we can't allow GH or P. Thompson be the managers.....we can't allow such inconsistent and low quality players like Biscan, Cheyrou, Diao, Smicer, Troare, etc 

in EPL...not to mention MU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcasttle...can liverpool win over clubs like Everton, Blackburn, Man City, Spur if they meet ? I doubt

in Europe, not to mention Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Jeventus, B.Munich.....can liverpool win over clubs like Porto, Celtic, Galatasaray, Lazio, PSV, Ajax, Valencia, Lyon...etc ? i doubt..........

maybe liverpool have to happy again with the 5th-8th place in EPL and possibly hold the league cup once again....that will be the greatest results can be expected........
Cleman

Postby ForeverLiverpool2002 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:58 am

Totally agree!!  Please leave Liverpool, Houllier and his beloved Cheyrou !!!!!!!!  We can stand NO MORE!!!!
ForeverLiverpool2002

Postby Nippa61 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:17 pm

I dont think under Gerrard Houllier we are going to win the league. I think we are far from it under Houllier. No disrespect, i think he has taken us as far as he can. Im not saying i can manage his team better, but he made some elementry mistakes yesterday, for eg taking of Henchoc and bringing on finnan and then moving Jaime C to centre back which resulted in the JFH goal also i did not see the point in him bringing on Baros during that point of the game when he should have started him. To me it seems that Houllier does not know the meaning of a balanced team and i think he should resign regardless whether its one game or not and let John Toshack come in for the job because at least he knows what it means to manage liverpool. It seems Houllier just lives for the moment and has not got a clue. Just F****** resign and save yourself some imbaressment. All i can say is that the more and more we go into this season the more and more liverpool are going to be found out and exposed. Houllier resign go and do something upstairs and stop plugging the team into new depths. No disrespect to you and all credit to what you have acheived but its only going to get worse, regardless of the great sighnings you have made.
Nippa61

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion