All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 01, 2022 6:28 pm

What a wonderful time to be in 'the truest sense a reds supporter',I mean to be fortunate enough to drink this in ,to feel the noise resounding around Anfield like it was the mid 60's again. Firstly let me explain ,I've always been jealous of the fans who witnessed us rise from the ashes under Shanks and were blessed enough to watch a team develop and stride their way to a true definitive greatness. So lets jump forward to 2022 ,Beatles songs being sung again in lauding a manager who has been at the forefront of our march ,a manager who has thoughtfully constructed a team full of intelligent footballers and players that carry that shirt on their respective backs with the pride it merits. A team that can not only be spoken of in the same revered terms as those that ably shouldered all our dreams,but a side that can surpass their greatness

I'm positively elated that this man has proffered or should I say gifted us another two years and for him to feel and be responsible for taking these glorious footballers even further along this little trod path is just the stuff of those very dreams my dad pondered on coming to fruition all those years ago. I know if he was here he would feel the same sense of pride I do in following this team.

RIP Dad x
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 am

Lovely post RBG
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 02, 2022 10:03 am

Great post RBG. Hopefully your dad is watching on the big screen upstairs !! I am now in my seventies and I honestly didn’t expect to witness once again the euphoria that Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley created at Anfield. Juergen together with his two main assistants have done a remarkable job and I couldn’t be more delighted that they are staying for another 4 years. FSG have done some phenomenal work albeit with a few silly moments along the way. But just maybe most importantly all of the work that has been conducted in the transfer market during the last 7/8 years has been the true revelation. For years I have moaned that we lack strength in depth. On Saturday we took on a team in Newcastle with the second best record in the Premiership during 2022 and we had Thiago,Trent,Fab,Konate and Mo on the bench !! The way things have changed is beyond belief and I firmly believe that FSG bringing in Klopp was the catalyst !! AS YOU SAID RBG THIS IS AN AMAZING TIME TO BE A FAN !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 02, 2022 10:30 am

Have to agree with everyones sentiment. The joy of the 70's and 80's created a euphoria that made the next 30 years difficult to accept. Houllier and Rafa provided relief but it was clear that the ownership wasn't providing the stability required to create sustainable success. FSG's professionalism focuses on long term sustainable structures, where the academy produces first team players and covers it's own costs by selling lads, the transfer analysis structure to enable the club to find the likes of Robbo, Jota, Diaz etc.. at bargain prices, or have the courage to recognise the value of paying big bucks for Ali and VVD is outstanding. Then the charismatic Klopp and his team to bring it all together on the field. Move than ever we see that success on the field is dependent on having the right owners as ManU, Leicester and Everton can attest.

These are great times, I pray they will continue but this 2 year extension must focus on rebuilding so come the day Jurgen departs our shores, the squad is as strong as it is today.  Game on!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 25, 2022 7:19 am

Klopp was named PL manager of the season and too right. What he has managed with a shoe string budget compared to At least four PL clubs could be considered a miracle. Seeing Pep dance around like he actually achieved anything is a joke as he had so much help. To be fair from the spenders Pep was the best but what he as manager has actually achieved I’d say Klopp has him beat every time.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Media,pundits can sugar coat pep title victory all they want. We all know without the oil money they wouldn't win shyte. The way Klopp has gone toe to toe with them is exceptional. I hope we win UCL and it'll be 2-0 to Klopp vs pep.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:13 am

Liverpool have attacked the transfer market this summer. Although the Premier League window has only been open for around a week, the Reds appear to have finalised virtually all of their business in terms of incomings.

On Thursday afternoon, promising news surfaced surrounding the club's pursuit of Calvin Ramsay. The Scottish full-back looks destined to join from Aberdeen in the coming days, and he's set to be Jurgen Klopp's final purchase of the window.

After Darwin Nunez and Fabio Carvalho were officially announced recently, it seems Liverpool will go without a new midfielder next season. It is a risky decision, but one which suggests Klopp is thinking about changing his tactics at Anfield.

The German coach has favoured 4-3-3 throughout his time on Merseyside. The Reds have used other formations every now and then but regardless, Klopp has demonstrated a clear preference.

The make-up of his squad has determined the system. Liverpool have always benefited from a number of energetic options in midfield, and the team have operated with an established attacking trio further forward in Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.

This summer, Klopp could toy with the prospect of introducing 4-2-3-1 as a new first-choice option, especially if he does indeed opt against adding a new midfielder to his ranks for the upcoming season.

4-2-3-1 would simply allow the Reds boss to field two players in the middle of the park rather than three, and those players would be less responsible for covering excessive ground from penalty box to penalty box.

Thiago Alcantara, Naby Keita and Fabinho each have experience playing as part of a pair, and Jordan Henderson turns 32 years old this week. Perhaps is makes sense to allow the skipper to cover less ground in comparison to previous years.

On top of the dynamics of the midfield department, Klopp also has more no.10 options at his disposal than ever before. Carvalho occupied the role for Fulham last season, and Firmino and Harvey Elliott are two more alternatives to consider.

With Darwin Nunez seemingly replacing Sadio Mane in the squad this summer - who is linked with Bayern Munich - Liverpool will deploy more of a central striker next year, as opposed to a false nine in the mould of Firmino.

Overall, 4-2-3-1 is beginning to suit Klopp's players, perhaps even more so than 4-3-3. If no further additions are made in the coming weeks as has been reported, a new system could be on the agenda at Anfield.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:05 pm

Bit of content from the boss leading up to the start of the season.

Eagle

Postby Eagle » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:28 am

A few ridiculous shouts on here that Jürgen will leave in a huff in the summer. Certainly doesn't sound like he's fed up and planning an exit.

Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:21 am

One thing is certain and that he looks older and more tired than he did in the first video.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:55 pm

Klopp is saying “if anyone can go on a winning run it’s Liverpool”.

Obviously he is remembering a couple of years ago when we looked dead and buried mid season and we went on an incredible winning run to make top four. The difference I would say between this season and that season is that season we were decimated by injuries in defense and we had to use our midfielders as defenders, it was really a freak year for injuries but those that stayed fit still played at a 100%.

This season the dynamic seems different in terms of giving 100%. We have still had injuries but the effort just isn’t there from too many players. The chance is still very real that we will make the top four since incredibly we are still in it, but the consistency we are showing and the obvious loss of chemistry is what worries me.

I hope Klopp can pull another rabbit out of the bag but without players giving their all it will be difficult
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue May 02, 2023 2:28 pm

This thing with Klopp vs Tierney is really bothering me. We've all noticed that anytime Tierney, Kavanagh or Taylor referee or are in control of VAR for any Liverpool game there is always controversy.. and it's always decisions going against us.

Taylor is from Manchester and the other 2 are from Greater Manchester... and Klopps finally spoken up about Tierney and he's going to get the book thrown at him.

The PGMOL were always going to defend Tierney in this situation.. so not only does the sport now feel corrupted, we also can't voice any concerns regarding this. It's a absolute joke!!

The PGMOL have apparently heard the audio of what Tierney said to Klopp and said he acted in a professional manner. Now Klopp is being judged as a liar, and every outlet is having a go at him.

We need to hear that audio before any action is taken against Klopp... because I don't trust anything the FA says anymore.

Look at Dermott Gallagher on sky sports.. earlier in the season he defended Haaland for kicking a Crystal Palace player in the head saying it shouldn't have been a red card as Anderson ducked in to head the ball... the exact same incident happened with Jota with Skipp at the weekend, and Egghead is saying it's dangerous play and should have been a red card.

The whole officiating in the Prem is so inconsistent.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 02, 2023 3:03 pm

He should have said nothing imo and as much as I love him he does need to dial it back a bit when confronting officials. Running down the line to scream in the face of lino's etc is not on and he should be punished for it. Because its passion and getting caught up in the moment doesn't make it alright.

Funny enough it is us who has benefitted the most from wrong decisions this season. Was 7 points I believe a few weeks ago. We got away with a thiago handball last week and Konate all over Richarlison the other day. Jota not being sent off was lucky as well imo as there is a difference between a high foot and seeing all 8 studs. It wasn't deliberate but still you can't put your foot in like that and expect not to hurt a lad. If he had of seeing red for dangerous play then I don't even think he would complain.

The officiating is poor I agree but it's not a conspiracy against Liverpool.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 02, 2023 3:38 pm

Players and managers need to grow up and stop shouting at referees. I was a rugby ref for many years and no one ever shouted at me, however if they had, it would have been a fast track to an early bath. They knew it and I knew it. Mutual respect based on a strong deterant.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 02, 2023 7:28 pm

I remember when Tierney blew for half time when Mane was on a one on one with the keeper with 15 seconds to go…. against ManUre, I think we ended up losing that match 2-1. He was not punished for it and it made no real headlines, that is shocking refereeing though. That is not a matter of interpretation, that is as open and shut you will ever see.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion