All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:18 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:09 pm wrote:Very odd indeed. The backroom go and the new director of football? What's happened to cause such a massive reaction?

Jorg Schmadtke was always meant to be a short-term appointment. Not surprised he's going.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:19 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:10 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:30 pm wrote:Jesus wept ! I actually feel physically sick  :down: . :(

Sounds like you need a drink Woof!   :laugh:  :laugh:

:D  Speaking of which, I'm actually sitting here knocking back a pint of vodka and coke as we speak

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:30 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:09 pm wrote:Very odd indeed. The backroom go and the new director of football? What's happened to cause such a massive reaction?

Thinking back I remember a few months ago right out of the blue rumours suddenly sprung up all over the press that Jurgen was going to resign that very day and there was a bit of a civil war going on inside the club, sorry I don’t buy this tiredness thing or if he is tired he’s tired of the infighting. His staff resigning on mass looks well suss as well, like they are making a point.
Something stinks here
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:37 pm

Yakka, now the news has sunk in, I tend to agree with you.  :help

Woof, remember to breath between pints. The gin is calling me, feck it's barely after midday!  :oops:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:21 pm

Totally shocked and gutted!!! What an awesome manager.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:30 pm wrote:

Thinking back I remember a few months ago right out of the blue rumours suddenly sprung up all over the press that Jurgen was going to resign that very day and there was a bit of a civil war going on inside the club, sorry I don’t buy this tiredness thing or if he is tired he’s tired of the infighting. His staff resigning on mass looks well suss as well, like they are making a point.
Something stinks here

Interesting observation Yakka, not sure if I'm on board with it . Jurgen's always been forthright and honest , I know he wouldn't throw any shade on the club and equally I don't think he would make up a story about be drained of energy, you have to remember after Dortmund he was set to take a year out through emotional exhaustion and it was only the offer from Liverpool that convinced him to get back into the game.

I'd be surprised if this time around he'll didn't take a full year out of the game before returning (possibly as coach of the underachieving German national team ?)

Jurgen's departure aside what worries me almost as much is the effect it will have on our current squad. Will some of our best players begin to re-evaluate their futures ? and will we be able to attract quality replacements.  :Oo:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:38 pm

Where there is a rift there is invariably noise as the combatants jostle for position.

This announcement came from and has been followed by virtual silence from all people concerned: FSG, Klopp, Lijnders, football director. Not a whisper

I suspect all involved maintain the utmost respect for each other so maybe it is more straight forward than it might appear.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:44 pm

Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:38 pm wrote:Where there is a rift there is invariably noise as the combatants jostle for position.

This announcement came from and has been followed by virtual silence from all people concerned: FSG, Klopp, Lijnders, football director. Not a whisper

I suspect all involved maintain the utmost respect for each other so maybe it is more straight forward than it might appear.

Jurgen has responded Reg. Not sure if you've seen this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHYsAgAx5I4

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:17 pm

Absolutely devastated. I thought we had another couple of seasons left with Klopp. We've gotta respect his decision and move on.. its gonna be difficult, he's more than just a manager, he's captured the hearts of the people, and the city.

Xabi Alonso is the only candidate I can take seriously at this stage.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:22 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:15 pm

1974 all over again this is,  talk about a bad day, Black Friday indeed
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:44 pm

Ahh ffs what an unexpected bombshell. I actually saw the heading in the morning on some news add and ignored it, thought it is fake news.

We knew this day would come, however I thought Klopp has got couple of years left.

Legend, without doubt and will be missed immensely.

Xabi seems the right option but only if he wins Bundesliga.

I hope we dont become shyte again..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:57 pm

I love Xabi, what a player... but... not sure he's ready for the high pressure of managing LFC in the hardest league in the world.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:02 pm

Hey, where's Sabre, we need his insight on Xabi... get the inside word.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:23 pm

It all depends on what style of play the new manager will have. If he follows the same ethos then it could be a smooth transition because we have good players but if he plays in another way then lots of chopping and changing of the players. I really haven’t followed German football so haven’t watched Xabi’s style. I just don’t think we should be sentimental, Xabi could be the right choice but it just seems a trendy decision rather than a football one as he has only just come on to the scene. I would have hoped for a manager with more experience and pedigree.

Klopp is the second highest paid coach in the PL so the budget is there for a top manager, I hope the owners pull another rabbit out of the hat as they did with Klopp.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion