All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:36 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:10 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:25 pm wrote:Getting that title was massive and while we added a CL and the 2 bonus cups I personally would be disappointed if that is all we ended up with after having one of the best managers in the world for practically a decade.

This is the crux mate ,Jurgen is undoubtedly the best manager in world football and he's accomplished this on the back of his exceptional man management and tactical acumen. I don't think any Liverpool fan will enter into debate about whether he's been backed in a financial sense ,because he simply hasn't and certainly not to the extent his caliber and standing in world football should demand. I think when he leaves we will be left ruminating over just how good his tenure could have been without continually being left standing with just his ***** in his hand at the close of every transfer window.

More money has been spent under Klopp than any other manager in our history - broken records for GK and defender and around £560mil has been spent

If a club spending that level of money isn’t being backed then what is ?

He isn’t “continually left with his whatever in his hand” at the end of every window - he continuely shows and says that he is happy but still some just ignore what he says

He isn’t ever going to be the manager of the likes of City and Chelsea and even United - spend spend spend is just not how he works

Right now it’s prob the hardest it’s been to win trophies in my lifetime - and Klopp is at the club because he wants to be here and is fully involved in the way the club works - his tenure will be reflected on where the club was when he took over to the journey he went on to when he leaves.

I've lost count of how many times I've read these borderline almost robotic responses ,practically on the cusp of 'I know its not ideal but lets pretend its for the betterment of the club and our progression. Do you honestly believe when the scouts target a specific player and then the manager earmarks him for procurement that what he's actually saying is 'Oh its not essential that I get these players ,don't worry about the effort myself or the scouts have put in ?'

I honestly think Klopp deals better with the media and press than any manager we've ever had ,but don't kid yourself that anyone of us knows what he's thinking and the disappointment he feels at the close of every window. FSG have done many things that deserved the praise it garnered ,but they have also attempted 'and if not for fan intervention' would have succeeded in achieving their machinations to further line their own coffers and to the detriment of this club.

I mean you carry on championing them fella ,I've no qualms with that ,afterall each to their own and all that tosh.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:21 pm

Since when did Klopp “earmark players” for procurement?

Do you not understand how the recruitment team work ? The scouts don’t go to the manager - we have a Director of Football , that’s who the scouts go to , he knows the budget and working with Fallows etc scout the players  they feel will add to the team within those budgets

Have you heard the story about Brandt and Salah ? One person wanted Brandt ( Klopp ) - the others said Salah was the better fit

So you say we shouldn’t kid ourselves about what he is thinking at the end of the window but yet youre suggesting disappointment - so how can you judge how he is thinking ? Surely you can only go on what he says ? Anything else is guessing

And as for this constant accusations of “lining their pockets” - they take no money out , every single decision whether that be good or bad has been about getting more money into the club so that the club can compete better

They have been very clear about the model of the club - spending what it earns and they have always been looking at ways to bring in more money to the club so that the club can spend more in wages and transfers etc -also why they are building the stadium , bringing in more match day revenue.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:54 am

It says in the paper today that FSG are worth $7 billion split between LFC and the Red Sox. They haven't grown that by taking money out nor floating the company on the stock market. They've grown that by pumping money in and managing their business well.

Even if Klopp isn't frustrated at the end of every transfer window, I am. It's a confidence booster to the first team that they're not bringing in replacements and it's great for the balance sheet that we have a settled side.

That said, Salah wants a handsome pay rise and when you consider he's saving the club millions by not having to replace him, it's probably well spent. Similarly he's missing out on 10%+ of a transfer fee, so there's 15 million quid he's looking for as a bonus for staying. Football finance is way more complicated than it was under Paisley and all, however FSG have got THE best model compared to the idiots down the East Lancs Road (both clubs) or elsewhere in europe as they rush to be insolvent.

Edwards, Klopp and FSG have done a magnificent job. So far.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:48 pm

I think people are guilty of misconstruing my original post ,I never once stated I didn't want our owners at the club. I did however suggest imo they have failed to back the manager financially unless its been on the back of money pulled into the club through player sales and still all I receive back is posts highlighting how they possess a genuine business model ,well contrary to reports this is not a snippet I'm unfamiliar with because its thrown about when every transfer window closes by those seemingly content to share the same blanket. I'm not asking for superstar signings ,I'm just expectant on the dawn of every window that we will boost the squad with players of a specific quality to cover injuries that will hamper our progression if they occur.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:07 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:48 pm wrote:I think people are guilty of misconstruing my original post ,I never once stated I didn't want our owners at the club. I did however suggest imo they have failed to back the manager financially unless its been on the back of money pulled into the club through player sales and still all I receive back is posts highlighting how they possess a genuine business model ,well contrary to reports this is not a snippet I'm unfamiliar with because its thrown about when every transfer window closes by those seemingly content to share the same blanket. I'm not asking for superstar signings ,I'm just expectant on the dawn of every window that we will boost the squad with players of a specific quality to cover injuries that will hamper our progression if they occur.

Ok - a simple question

Considering that the club spends every penny it makes to be fully self sustaining where do people expect the extra money beyond that to come from ?

And we do appear to have cover in all areas at this moment in time and that cover is being used so we are able to cover for “standard season” injuries
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:43 pm

Selling young players, or players who are not key to the squad, to fund incoming transfers, is a strategy most clubs use. Chelsea and Real Madrid have been great at this over the years and Utd were great at it under Fergie.

In all honesty part of the reason we’ve seen so few players come in over recent seasons is due to the fact the squad is so stable. In the last 2 seasons the following players have left: Xherdan Shaqiri, Harry Wilson, Taiwo Awoniyi, Marko Grujic, Liam Millar, Kamil Grabara, Georginio Wijnaldum, Yasser Larouci, Herbie Kane, Rhian Brewster, Ki-Jana However, Ovie Ejaria, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Andy Lonergan, Nathaniel Clyne, and Pedro Chirivella.

Wijnaldum is the only key player there and he was replaced with Thiago a year before he left. Lallana and Shaqiri hardly played for us and were replaced by Elliott and Jones from the academy. The summer we sold Lovren we bought in Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas. So it’s not as though Klopp didn’t have the option to bring in players.

I think it’s clear that the club doesn’t have as much appetite as others to fund transfers via medium to long term debt, and that might need to change at a certain point when the stars align like they did in 2019 when we spent quite a bit even when you take into account the money from Coutinho, but I think the fact that Klopp values continuity and working with a smaller happier squad means we’ll see more of the same next summer in terms of transfers unless players want to leave and are able to secure moves. It’s pretty clear we were trying to move Origi on in the summer and use that space in the squad to bring in another attacker but as Klopp said after the AC Milan game, no club made an offer for him.

Appreciate that incoming transfers is part of being a fan. No doubt it’s fun and I understand the thirst for it. I just think Klopp looks at things very differently and it’s why he’s so unique. Look at his time at Dortmund and listen to everything he has said since he has been here and you can see why he's so different to the likes or Mourinho and even Rafa. I'm absolutely fascinated by the man as a leader and his ideas about how to achieve success. He's so different to most other top managers.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:19 am

I agree, I think Klopp picks personalities first and foremost. Obviously they have to be good players but they need to be humble, willing to learn and follow his instructions. I read somewhere that recently the team had a party and Klopp insisted that no one could leave before 1am. We have a devout bunch of Christians, a devout bunch of Muslims and as it seems, not a single party animal in the team (except maybe Klopp  :grinning: )
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:18 pm

Fastest manager in LFC history to reach 200 wins. He's now up there with some of our very best.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:59 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Is it me or does Klopp still look a little unwell after having Covid? Looking at his eyes and face he looks a little worn down. Think he might benefit from the break after the Palace game.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:21 pm

We have had a solid unit these past few years, it was bound to gradually change as players get old. Fergie I think had about 3 different teams winning the title. Klopp is bound to create a newish team, it would be awesome we see him extend his contract and continue to bring in talented young lads. I wonder if he will call it a day once his contract is up leaving the next manager with a strong side. Hope he stays!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:20 pm

I don't think we need to start panicking just yet about Klopp's contract, but I do wonder what will happen behind the scenes.

Presumably klopp will have a list of players he wants over the summer....at what point in summer 23 does the board ask for klopp to commit to a new deal in return for transfer funds?

That said, even if he does leave in 2024, would anyone hold it against him? I just hope we have a plan in place to promote within and continue the project.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:44 pm

The club need to move heaven and earth to keep Jurgen here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:31 am

Klopp will have been our manager for nearly 9 years when his contract expires in 2024, which is a lifetime in the modern era. There is an assumption he'll leave in 2024 but I don't think it's as cut and dry as that with some of his comments being overanalyzed. He's always said whenever he does leave Liverpool he won't take another job and instead take time out and spend time with family, like he did after Dortmund. I'd actually offer him a season sabbatical for 24/25 with Pep Lijnders left in charge while Klopp travels the world with family. My guess is he'd last only a few months before he's on the plane back to Liverpool! He loves it!
Eagle

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:30 am

I also think that if he had a young team just on the cusp in terms of age he will probably extend or take the sabbatical. If the owners really don’t want to lose him then they should give him a team he cannot leave.

If the team is old then it will be easy for him to leave.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion