MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:41 pm

I really hope they could come to a resolution with salah contract saga. Only place I can see him leaving is for PSG.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:00 am

Egypt out of the WC and you have to feel for Mo. He hasn’t been 100% since the ACoN and with the contract saga and now out of the WC with a missed penalty we will see how he copes. I think Liverpool is his happy place as it is the only place he has ever been world class so I hope this shows him that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:55 pm

Like you said in the match thread mate, we'll see how he responds after getting knocked out of the WC. I agree he's been in a bit of decline after not winning AFCON so I hope this won't damage his confidence and form even further. Anyway, it was awful to watch how he was bullied by Senegal's fans with lasers in his eyes and all that before taking and missing his penalty. There's not much you can do against such things but ref should have given him more protections at least, let him retake the penalty maybe or something.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:04 am

Shocking abuse with the pen lasers on Mo's face as he lined up for the penalty. And ZERO reaction from FIFA, UEFA, player associations, referee associations etc... This is now part of the game?

VAR should have looked at the penalty, realised the 'obstruction' and ordered the ref to retake it. If the fans do it twice, then the goal is awarded.

If we don't tackle this now, it'll happen in every game.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:03 am

With all that and the contract saga, I hope it doesn’t defuse him, we need him to be the best player in the world if we are to have a great season. If he goes off on a tear and starts banging in goals like we know he can we could well do the quadruple this season as our defense is good enough. If he can do that he will be the best player in the world when the votes are counted next season.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:32 pm

Sounds like talks have progressed a bit although nothing agreed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAnfieldTa ... 3645629442
Eagle

Postby redshade » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:58 am

It would be ideal if he could just sign the damn contract, get his head right and fire us to glory in this epic time of the season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:28 pm

There was a rumour that Mane might be out at the end of the season. One season left on his contract and no extension discussions going on.
With Mo at 400 a week for 4 years = 83 million, I hope we're not selling Mane to pay for Mo's new contract....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Reg » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:28 pm wrote:There was a rumour that Mane might be out at the end of the season. One season left on his contract and no extension discussions going on.
With Mo at 400 a week for 4 years = 83 million, I hope we're not selling Mane to pay for Mo's new contract....

Mo needs a goal to kick start his mojo back, he looks off at times, finishing is wayward. I really hope we get the prolific Mo is this crucial, legendary phase of our season. A prolific Mo could be our defining factor in this mental run in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon May 30, 2022 6:16 am

If he is asking for too much for the club to pay and intending to continue negotiating only to wind his contract down then sign a pre contract this winter and go for free we need to sell this summer without fail. That scenario will mean he will play easy from January onward and we don’t need that. No time for sentiment from our side if there is not sentiment from his side, I’m ok with taking a step backwards in order to take multiple steps forward in the future.

As we say to all the players that leave, no one will ever sing your name again. I respect Mane’s way better of letting us get something for him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 30, 2022 7:57 am

Good point, come January and Salah will probably just take it easy knowing that he'll be gone in the summer.

The club really need to think what they will do this summer.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:21 pm

Salah says he only wants to play in the prem when he leaves.. I don't like the way this is being played out. If we do sell him it has to be abroad and it has to be for £50m plus.

Losing Mane and Salah in the same transfer window is massive, but I trust the team and Klopp to find replacements. We can't afford neither of them to run down their contracts, so we have to sell and move on.

There's plenty of good attacking players around and I'm sure Klopp can get the best of any player. Don't be shocked to see both Mane and Salah struggle when they leave... I think the way we play and the freedom they have they won't get elsewhere and they'll end up like Coutinho.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:45 pm

Salah has already unequivocally and publicly said several times he isn't leaving this summer so we can forget about getting a fee for him.

I'd imagine by this stage the club has gone as far as they are willing to on the contract so currently it's looking likely he'll leave on a bosmon next summer and pick up a massive signing on fee and a huge salary. But there could always be a softening of stance by one party but seems like there has been a fairly respectful standoff off for the past 6 months.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:50 pm

Eagle » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:45 pm wrote:Salah has already unequivocally and publicly said several times he isn't leaving this summer so we can forget about getting a fee for him.

I'd imagine by this stage the club has gone as far as they are willing to on the contract so currently it's looking likely he'll leave on a bosmon next summer and pick up a massive signing on fee and a huge salary. But there could always be a softening of stance by one party but seems like there has been a fairly respectful standoff off for the past 6 months.

Surely it is not up to him if we sell him this summer it’s up to the club as they own him, and if he will go to a rival for free next year then we have to sell him this summer.

I think as things stand now, sell both and try to get as close to100 million and keep Firmino, he is the least selfish of the three. We have a prospect in Carvalho already coming so we need another top striker, maybe someone like Nunez who is young and already very good. I read as part of Klopp’s contract extension he will have more say with transfers so I’m not worried about replacing them. It has to be done and now is as good a time as any.
Last edited by kazza on Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:06 pm

Salah situation isn't good for the team at all, I struggle to see him sign the contract, even his recent interview it seemed like he knows there will be no compromise from either side. If he runs downs his contract, like many here, I'd look to selling him and getting a replacement that will take his place. If Salah does run down his contract, it will hinder our progress and Klopp will have to wait next summer to find a replacement. How Salah performs in Jan if leaving on a bosman is questionable. Since Afcon and with his contract malarkey he hasn't been his usual self, even his goal vs Wolves was a scruffy tap in.  If we can get prime Salah for one more season then why not, but when a player knows his here only until the summer I'm certain there are no many motivation factors to make him push a little more.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion