MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:49 pm

Report: Mohamed Salah Liverpool Contract Talks Break Down, Player Expects Improved Terms

NEIL ANDREW50 MINUTES AGO
Contract talks between Mohamed Salah and Liverpool broke down in December with the player expecting improved terms according to a report.

The 29 year old is out of contract in June 2023 and therefore has just 18 months left to run on his existing deal.

Talks between Salah's representatives and the club have been ongoing for some time but according to Fabrizio Romano, broke down in December

The transfer guru took to Twitter to claim that both Salah and his agent Ramy Abbas Issa have no intention of accepting the current contract on the table from Liverpool.

Romano goes on to say that Salah's priority is still to stay at Liverpool but it will now be up to the club to come back with an improved offer if he is to extend his spell on Merseyside.

Liverpool will be desperate to tie their talisman down after he has taken his game to new levels this season. It remains to be seen however if they are willing to smash their wage structure for a player now recognised as one of the best in the world.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:43 pm

I'm guessing Mo and his agent will be pushing for the £400k+ a week contract. But for a player his age liverpool will probably be offering closer to £200k a week. No way will the club pay more than £300k a week on a player that will be 30 in June.

I love Mo .. but I can't see him signing a new contract here. I think PSG will try and snatch him to replace Mbappe.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:18 am

I really hope Mo stays, but no player is bigger than the club and we have a wage structure in place to maintain the long term financial health of the club.

If he wants to go, I don't think we'll have any trouble selling for £100m to PSG.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:21 pm

His agent seems like a right d1ck
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:53 pm

It’s a bit similar to Coutinho, I’d sell Mo for 100m+ and keep Bobby for another year knowing that we already have Mane, Diaz and Jota and look to add another. Selling well let’s us build for the future.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:20 pm

Reg » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:53 pm wrote:It’s a bit similar to Coutinho, I’d sell Mo for 100m+ and keep Bobby for another year knowing that we already have Mane, Diaz and Jota and look to add another. Selling well let’s us build for the future.

Yep. Shame though, I think Mo is really happy here. But agents are always in their clients ears.

And Gini should be a shining example to all of our players that big contracts will not always make you happy.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:42 pm

...... and 30%+ of Mo's success is due to his team mates, the genius through balls coming from midfield and even Alisson. If Mo leaves he goes to a team where he'll lose that instinctive level of service.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:18 pm

I'm afraid we might end up with the worst case scenario and see Salah leave on a free after his contract ends.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:00 am

damjan193 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:18 pm wrote:I'm afraid we might end up with the worst case scenario and see Salah leave on a free after his contract ends.

That's why this situation needs to be dealt with now. We can't have him going to City next summer on a free.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:36 am

Reg » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:42 pm wrote:...... and 30%+ of Mo's success is due to his team mates, the genius through balls coming from midfield and even Alisson. If Mo leaves he goes to a team where he'll lose that instinctive level of service.

Is right, at 30 years old there's no guarantee Mo will shine at a new club, if this can't be sorted then sell this summer, ideally to a non Premier league club. Would love to see him stay but if the two parties can't find a mutually agreeable solution we all move on.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:45 pm

Where realistically could he go? With Barca and Real in all sorts of financial trouble and Chelsea in limbo how many clubs are there out there who could afford his wage demands?
City? PSG? United?
Would he want to ruin the legacy he has built at Anfield by signing for one of the Manchester clubs?
I think he'll stay myself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:45 pm wrote:Where realistically could he go? With Barca and Real in all sorts of financial trouble and Chelsea in limbo how many clubs are there out there who could afford his wage demands?
City? PSG? United?
Would he want to ruin the legacy he has built at Anfield by signing for one of the Manchester clubs?
I think he'll stay myself.

Given how hard Messi has flopped, I think PSG will be looking for a big name replacement for Mbappe.

Messi was booed off today by the PSG fans. He'll be off to the USA in the summer.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:21 am

Not sure that I agree that RM couldn’t finance a deal for Salah if they wanted to. Obviously that will depend on Mbappe and I have a horrible feeling that he may end up at City or possibly even Newcastle.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:19 am

I think Newcastle is probably a good shout given the Arab connection, I think PSG is more likely. If he leaves I do not believe he will stay at the same level as he is in a team that feeds him, I think we are the perfect team for him in many ways.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:35 am

Newcastle? He'll never win anything with them, no win bonus, no reputation building, no glorious end to career.

He should fire his agent and settle down to 2 more years of life at the top with LFC. Anything else is a step down.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion