MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:28 pm

kazza » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:50 pm wrote:
Eagle » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:45 pm wrote:Salah has already unequivocally and publicly said several times he isn't leaving this summer so we can forget about getting a fee for him.

I'd imagine by this stage the club has gone as far as they are willing to on the contract so currently it's looking likely he'll leave on a bosmon next summer and pick up a massive signing on fee and a huge salary. But there could always be a softening of stance by one party but seems like there has been a fairly respectful standoff off for the past 6 months.

Surely it is not up to him if we sell him this summer it’s up to the club as they own him, and if he will go to a rival for free next year then we have to sell him this summer.

I think as things stand now, sell both and try to get as close to100 million and keep Firmino, he is the least selfish of the three. We have a prospect in Carvalho already coming so we need another top striker, maybe someone like Nunez who is young and already very good. I read as part of Klopp’s contract extension he will have more say with transfers so I’m not worried about replacing them. It has to be done and now is as good a time as any.

What do you propose we do? Hold a gun to his head and threaten to kill him if he doesn't sign a contract with a club we agree a fee with? Players don't have to go anywhere.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:50 am

If we agree a fee with a club then surely it will be a big club that can afford him and can pay him the kind of money he is demanding, why would he want to stay for a year on a lower salary as he is not young and only has a few years left? These clubs still pay signing on bonuses and agent fees even with a year left.

If after that he refuses then he is an idiot, an injury next year could derail his “going on a free” plan. He will take the deal I’m sure.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:06 am

I don't know if it is a bluff but which epl club could he potentially go to

City-What a p11sstake that would be

Newcastle- Load of money but down grading

Chelsea- Ex club and most likely choice imo however with there new owners don't know how their wage structure will be.

I can't see him going United or Arsenal.

If Salah just wants the money he should just go to one of these arab clubs who will pay his ridiculous amounts.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:37 am

It's never good having a player running down his contract to then leave on a bosman. It's difficult for Klopp aswell.. does he keep playing a player that's not here for the season after? Does he replace him now and play Salah as a bit part player?

It's difficult to know how Salah will react to all this... but he'll need replacing, and if he's leaving on a free anyway why not just replace him now.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:33 pm

kazza » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:50 am wrote:If we agree a fee with a club then surely it will be a big club that can afford him and can pay him the kind of money he is demanding, why would he want to stay for a year on a lower salary as he is not young and only has a few years left? These clubs still pay signing on bonuses and agent fees even with a year left.

If after that he refuses then he is an idiot, an injury next year could derail his “going on a free” plan. He will take the deal I’m sure.

The Mbappe deal in my opinion has fuelled the desire of Salah and his agent to go for a Bosman deal at the end of next season. I previously said in another thread that the implications of the  Mbappé deal iwere immense. More and more players will give this option serious consideration and basically hold clubs to ransom. Obviously due to Salah’s age he won’t be in a position to negotiate a deal anything like the value of the Mbappé deal. He will however receive a very substantial signing on fee which I think is a key motivator. If he refuses to sign a new contract and refuses to be sold then should LFC replace him anyway and throw him in the reserves. Clubs are going to need to take some sort of a stand against this type of behaviour and dare I say it greed. Both Coutinho and Suarez agreed to sign contracts shortly before leaving Liverpool which resulted in us receiving very substantial transfer fees when they were sold. It’s looking like we will receive next to nothing for Salah and Mané.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:49 am

If his plan is to chill out until his contract is up then I'd be interested to see what Klopp will do with him. Klopp plans for the future and I can't see Klopp utilising Salah as a key player.

Salah would probably get a deal in place December and then ride out the rest of the season. We are in a messed up situation with Salah.
A loss in sale and wasting wages away while we probably dump him in the reserves.

I think Klopp will need to have a solid meeting with the board and look into replacing Salah if that is the case. He'd rather have a player, fresh and fully focused on the clubs aspirations. Rather than relying on a player whoes already set to sign elsewhere and protecting himself during the pinnacle period of the season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:59 am

redshade » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:49 am wrote:If his plan is to chill out until his contract is up then I'd be interested to see what Klopp will do with him. Klopp plans for the future and I can't see Klopp utilising Salah as a key player.

Salah would probably get a deal in place December and then ride out the rest of the season. We are in a messed up situation with Salah.
A loss in sale and wasting wages away while we probably dump him in the reserves.

I think Klopp will need to have a solid meeting with the board and look into replacing Salah if that is the case. He'd rather have a player, fresh and fully focused on the clubs aspirations. Rather than relying on a player whoes already set to sign elsewhere and protecting himself during the pinnacle period of the season.

No chance. Look at Can and Gini. Neither were sidelined just because they couldn't agree a contract with the club.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:55 am

I don't think we were too bothered by Can running down his contract, he hardly played the season before and it was good to get his 100k a week off the wage bill. Abit different with Gini as he'd played more aless every game. But neither of the two were challenging for a ballon'dor, or regularly in the team of the season.

Last season we could have probably got £100m for Salah, but now with his contract negotiations being all over the news we'd struggle to get £40m.

We should go in hard with our final last offer, and if he doesn't sign.. we sell and move on.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:34 pm

That is where the issue is mate, Salah could refuse to be sold via not accepting terms from clubs, just so he could ride out his contract for a big payday.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:09 pm

Apparently we offered him 230k a week which would have made him the highest earner in the clubs history. Let's be honest 230k a week to a player that turns 30 this year is a ridiculous amount.

Rewind 20 years ago players at 30 were seen as players passed their prime and were offered contracts way less than they were while they were in their primes...

We laughed at teams like United, City, Chelsea, PSG giving these players who are at the end of their careers Massive wages.. but it's messed it up for every team now, because these players expect to be paid the same as the players at these club.

We've got a wage structure, and I think that's way more important than messing it up keeping a player purely wanting one last payday.

And I love both Salah and Mane... but the clubs future is far more important.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 pm

Mohamed Salah REFUSED Liverpool's request for a scan on his groin problem and played 90 minutes for Egypt WHILE INJURED, risking making it worse, claims his national team boss
Mohamed Salah played 90 minutes for Egypt on Sunday despite being injured
The Liverpool forward turned down the Reds' offer of a scan before the game
He has been struggling with a groin problem he picked up in the FA Cup final
Egypt have two more fixtures this month but Salah will now undergo an X-ray
By OLLY ALLEN FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 11:12 BST, 6 June 2022 | UPDATED: 12:19 BST, 6 June 2022

Mohamed Salah played 90 minutes for Egypt on Sunday despite being injured, having turned down Liverpool's offer of a scan to help resolve an ongoing issue.

The Reds forward captained his country to a 1-0 win over Guinea in the opening match of their qualifying campaign for next year's Africa Cup of Nations.

He was kept relatively quiet in the game, as the Pharaohs left it late to secure victory with a goal in the 87th minute from Mostafa Mohamed. 

'Salah was suffering from an injury and played through it,' Egypt boss Ehab Galal said after the game.

'He rejected Liverpool's request for an X-ray before the game and will now undergo it.'

Salah's 23 Premier League goals last season won him the golden boot (tied with Heung-min Son), but his performances notably dipped towards the end of the campaign as he seemed to struggle with an injury issue.

He was forced off just 32 minutes into the FA Cup final with a groin problem and missed Liverpool's trip to Southampton in the Premier League three days later.

The 29-year-old was then limited to a substitute appearance on the final day of the season against Wolves, before starting the Champions League final against Real Madrid but he struggled to make an impact in Liverpool's defeat in Paris.

Egypt will now await the results of Salah's scan ahead of their two fixtures against Ethiopia and South Korea in the next 10 days.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:23 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:09 am wrote:Apparently we offered him 230k a week which would have made him the highest earner in the clubs history. Let's be honest 230k a week to a player that turns 30 this year is a ridiculous amount.

Rewind 20 years ago players at 30 were seen as players passed their prime and were offered contracts way less than they were while they were in their primes...

We laughed at teams like United, City, Chelsea, PSG giving these players who are at the end of their careers Massive wages.. but it's messed it up for every team now, because these players expect to be paid the same as the players at these club.

We've got a wage structure, and I think that's way more important than messing it up keeping a player purely wanting one last payday.

And I love both Salah and Mane... but the clubs future is far more important.

Yes it was reported by James Pearce that we offered him a 15% pay rise. Reported to currently be earning a basic wage of 200k a week, that would take him 230k a week. Pearce also reported that contract length isn't an issue.

Keep in mind that is his basic wage. With our heavily incentived contracts, with graduated payments linked to prize money coming in, Salah has reportedly been averaging 300k+ a week regularly these past few years.

In the past few years we've had one of the highest wage bills in Europe each season. This is while we've not only been regularly qualifying for the Champions League, but also getting into the knock out stages. So I don't think the club has an issue with the players sharing in the big prize money that comes with the Champions League. Early on in FSG's tenure I recall John Henry saying he couldn't understand why the club was paying so much to mangers, coaches, and players, when the results weren't there on the pitch. And it's been widely reported that in recent years we've changed the structure of our contracts with more "modest" basis wages and big bonuses linked to Champions League prize money.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:22 am

Refusing to have a scan from us, plenty of p1ss taking games from Salah this upcoming season.

His already got his mind set on a payday so  he'll just see it as final year with us before his big move. I'm expecting him to be a right pain this season.

We can't even "force" to sell him as he can refuse because his binded to a contract.
I'm sure Klopp and board will be aware of this and should hopefully plan ahead.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:03 am

Mo cost 40 million, we've had good value for money so to let him go on a free is disloyal but not the end of the world. However he's not a true legend by these actions. He falls into the Coutinho and Michael Owen category of nice lad but left a bad taste in the mouth. At the end of the day, the only thing you enter life with and leave this world with is your reputation. Kenny, Fowler, Stevie, Rushie, Carra etc... these are giants, welcome in every pub in the city. Tarnished reputations never return.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:20 pm

I think we should let Mo and Sadio go myself, they have been 2 unbelievable players for us and both were integral to us breaking our 30 year title hoodoo and getting to 3 CL finals, they’ll always be legends here but every athlete has a shelf life and imo both are rapidly approaching the end of their footballing primes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion