Mohamed shawky - To liverpool?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu May 19, 2005 11:30 pm

omario wrote:i live in scotland

I was just wondering because you have a good grasp of the lingo.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Fri May 20, 2005 4:00 am

"Shawky" is a pretty cool name...
cptrios

Postby omario » Sat May 21, 2005 12:14 am

haha, ye lived in uk all my life pretty much, ye follow egyptian football from here, i go to egypt every 6 months, an try never to miss out on the big games for alahly.  Anyways if there is any more news on shawky i will keep u updated, he has just joined national team camp so doubt any news will pop up now.  Egypt r in a tough group to qualify for WC with cameroon an ivory coast in the same group, so even if players get offers, they try not to metion it to stop any distruption to preparations
omario

Postby vvs » Sat May 21, 2005 2:23 am

yes mate u keep us updated..dont bother if some people dont want to listen to it there are many others who would like to know. thnx.
vvs

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat May 21, 2005 3:49 am

omario wrote:lool, egypt have got lots of young talent comin up, if uz remember in the last youth WC they beat england under21 in the group stages.  lots of players in that squad have now gone to europe.  For example one with strasbourg, one in werder bremen, one trialed with arsenal last summer but wasnt allowed to join gunners due to not playin enuf games wit NT, wenger was really impressed by him tho.

yo, i dun lik text talk babe!

Li Tie anyone?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby omario » Sun May 22, 2005 12:41 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:
omario wrote:lool, egypt have got lots of young talent comin up, if uz remember in the last youth WC they beat england under21 in the group stages.  lots of players in that squad have now gone to europe.  For example one with strasbourg, one in werder bremen, one trialed with arsenal last summer but wasnt allowed to join gunners due to not playin enuf games wit NT, wenger was really impressed by him tho.

yo, i dun lik text talk babe!

Li Tie anyone?

:Oo: ok ur cool!
omario

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:33 pm

From LFC.TV (Copied from SkySports)

Egyptian international Mohamed Shawky has revealed that he has attracted interest from clubs in England, France and Germany, with reports suggesting Liverpool are monitoring the midfielder's situation at Al Ahly. 

Shawky has been tipped for stardom for some time and was expected to make the move to England during January's transfer window.

Norwich City and Crystal Palace had both expressed interest, but Al Ahly vetoed potential trials as they were determined to retain his services until the summer.

It is being suggested that Al Ahly will consent to a transfer, which has led to interest from Europe - with French outfit Paris Saint Germain and ambitious Bundesliga side Stuttgart rivalling the absorption from Anfield.

Shawky says he has not been contacted officially by any clubs, but has been informed of the interest by his agent.

"There are no offers until now but Liverpool and Stuttgart are interested in me," Shawky told Egyptianplayers.com.

"Paris Saint Germain's offer was cancelled because it came from another agent and there was a row between him and my agent over the percentages they'll gain."

European Champions Liverpool could be in the market for a defensive-minded midfielder, although much will depend on whether Dietmar Hamann moves on from Anfield, and Shawky expects his future to be clarified before the end of June.

"My agent Mohamed Zakaria El-Messlaty has tapes and CDs for me, and he talked with the clubs and they have agreed on initial interest," he added.

"But at the end of June everything will be sorted, whether I travel to Germany, England or elsewhere."

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:38 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:From LFC.TV (Copied from SkySports)

Egyptian international Mohamed Shawky has revealed that he has attracted interest from clubs in England, France and Germany, with reports suggesting Liverpool are monitoring the midfielder's situation at Al Ahly. 

Shawky has been tipped for stardom for some time and was expected to make the move to England during January's transfer window.

Norwich City and Crystal Palace had both expressed interest, but Al Ahly vetoed potential trials as they were determined to retain his services until the summer.

It is being suggested that Al Ahly will consent to a transfer, which has led to interest from Europe - with French outfit Paris Saint Germain and ambitious Bundesliga side Stuttgart rivalling the absorption from Anfield.

Shawky says he has not been contacted officially by any clubs, but has been informed of the interest by his agent.

"There are no offers until now but Liverpool and Stuttgart are interested in me," Shawky told Egyptianplayers.com.

"Paris Saint Germain's offer was cancelled because it came from another agent and there was a row between him and my agent over the percentages they'll gain."

European Champions Liverpool could be in the market for a defensive-minded midfielder, although much will depend on whether Dietmar Hamann moves on from Anfield, and Shawky expects his future to be clarified before the end of June.

"My agent Mohamed Zakaria El-Messlaty has tapes and CDs for me, and he talked with the clubs and they have agreed on initial interest," he added.

"But at the end of June everything will be sorted, whether I travel to Germany, England or elsewhere."

5-6 million at the most.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby omario » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:36 pm

5-6 million!! i think alahly will let him go at round about the 2 million mark! he is a really good player btw, and he will fill in hamann's role easily if not play better than him, as he is a big lad, and also good at shooting and vey good with the passing
omario

Postby Erica » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:45 pm

omario wrote:5-6 million!! i think alahly will let him go at round about the 2 million mark! he is a really good player btw, and he will fill in hamann's role easily if not play better than him, as he is a big lad, and also good at shooting and vey good with the passing

Just a couple of questions omario:

First: If you are an alahly fan, why are you willing to see your best player away from your team?
I am telling you this, because in my case for example, Liverpool is interested in one of our best players: Milito from Zaragoza, and the last player I want Liverpool or any other team to sign is him.

Second question: If you are a Liverpool fan, as you say... why all your posts in this forum deal with this topic.

There no more questions.
Erica

Postby omario » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:54 pm

hi Erica, answering the first question i am an alahly fan and mohamed shawky by no means is our best player, alahly r a very strong team in that they dont rely on a single player, in fact we have good players in nearly evrry position and alahly hav already bought a replacement for shawky so it seems he wants to leave and the board r happy, so i shud get over it! also my no.1 interest is the egyptian national team, and a move to a strong league like the premiership will obviously improve shawky and turn him  into a star.
The second question, im not really a big fan of these forums, as if u read the topic some members didnt offer the best of welcomes! so im jst postin in this topic cos su ppl asked for info on shawky an upd8s, an they r nice ppl, so im doin it for the interested only
omario

Postby Erica » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:03 pm

omario wrote:hi Erica, answering the first question i am an alahly fan and mohamed shawky by no means is our best player, alahly r a very strong team in that they dont rely on a single player, in fact we have good players in nearly evrry position and alahly hav already bought a replacement for shawky so it seems he wants to leave and the board r happy, so i shud get over it! also my no.1 interest is the egyptian national team, and a move to a strong league like the premiership will obviously improve shawky and turn him  into a star.
The second question, im not really a big fan of these forums, as if u read the topic some members didnt offer the best of welcomes! so im jst postin in this topic cos su ppl asked for info on shawky an upd8s, an they r nice ppl, so im doin it for the interested only

So you are telling me that Liverpool, the European champions, are interested in an Egyptian player, but not the best, just an average good player. Give me a break!

Regarding your second answer, I will tell you that perhaps people in this forum did not give you a good welcome because you sound more like an agent than like a Liverpool fan. Greetings anyway to you.
Erica

Postby omario » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:21 pm

thats exactly y im not postin everywhere in te forum.  Anyway Abu treika another midfielder got player of the season for alahly, and moteb got 2nd best and he i our top scorer.  so he is not our best player! Also liverpool hav players like Biscan! they r european champions but they r not exactle full of the best players in the wrld, they r champs cos thye played well as a team! Also hamann hu shawky wud replace if he went to liverpool if playin for another team again wud not b the best player, u may not know this but players in defensive mid r not highly regarded by every1 until they leave, and if shawky's replacement for alahly is not good then we will remmeber hw good he was, just like real madrid felt makalele's abscense! Bware of alahly in japan at the end of the year in the world club championships if they win african champions league! they r not that :censored: of a team as u may think
omario

Postby coolsobs » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:54 pm

Al ahly a club in the UAE?
coolsobs

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:21 am

coolsobs wrote:Al ahly a club in the UAE?

if u read the last post before yours properly u would have seen he said if they win the AFRICAN champions league, UAE is in the middle east.
Al-Ahly play in the egyptian league.
76-1115222408

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion