MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 am

Well James Pearce at the Liverpool Echo has confirmed that Salah is indeed having his medical right now, the fee agreed is said to be 34 million pounds rising to 39 million pounds with various add on's

I must say there has been a lot of negative comments made about Salah but I think he is exactly what we needed, a flying forward man with blistering pace who can also finish, can play right or left of the attack

With him and Mane on either flank of our forward player we will be pretty devastating when breaking on teams

A possible song for him to the tune of QueSeraSera...  Mo Salah Salah we bought him from Roma, leaves full backs in comas Mo Salah Salah

Welcome to Liverpool Mo Salah
Last edited by C-R on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:29 pm

For years we have complained about not having wingers who have pace and can take people on. Now we have Mane and Salah!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Good signing. Bit pricey, but that's what you pay these days. Can't wait to see him alongside Firmino, Mane, Lallana and Coutinho  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:19 pm

It is being suggested that Salah will wear the number 11 shirt which would presumably mean Firmino will get the number 9 ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:32 pm

I still liked him at Chelsea but its difficult if Mourhino has a favourite but his move to Italy really brought him on, a guy that loves and needs to play and be wanted.

I saw him in the Champions League for Roma and thought what a great player hes turned into,really impressive.

With him and Mane its a brilliant pair there I just feel Firmino isnt quite their level though being around these guys may see his game improve further.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Here you go, done deal....

Liverpool Football Club have completed the signing of Mohamed Salah from AS Roma.

The 25-year-old agreed a long-term contract with the Reds on Thursday after completing a medical. He will officially become an LFC player on July 1, 2017.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com after the move was sealed, Salah said: “I’m very excited to be here. I’m very happy.

“I will give 100 per cent and give everything for the club. I really want to win something for this club.

“We have a great team and very good players. I was watching the games last year and everyone was giving 100 per cent to win something.

“Everyone can see the coach gives everything. I hope to see that together we can give everything to win something for the club, for the supporters and for us.”

Salah scored 29 goals in 65 appearances in Serie A across two seasons with Roma.

The Egyptian, who has also previously represented Basel, Chelsea and Fiorentina, has been capped on 52 occasions by his country since 2011, scoring 29 goals in that time.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... amed-salah

The photo's confirm the number 11 shirt, fully expect Firmino to get the number 9 shirt now
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Have to say given he plays out wide his 1:2 goal scoring ratio is pretty fvcking impressive, if he can transfer that over from Serie A he'll be worth every penny. Apparently he was one of the best in Italy at winning the ball back high up the pitch as well which is what Jurgen is looking for. Welcome to the club Mo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:55 pm

RAPID!
Run Mohamed Run...
Welcome to LFC!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:33 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 am

Welcome Momo!!!!  :buttrock

Not sure what some of you gimps are complaining about.

He adds a specific dimension we need when going forward, especially with the CL this season and cover for key players who have a history of injury.

I would also be putting CAF on notice that both Salah and Mane will not be participating in that idiotic tin pot tournament they have every 2 years.

Enough is enough, a line needs to be drawn in the sand. FIFA need to be forced to make it every 4 years and moved to June and July.   :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:04 am

Welcome Salah, hope you make a similar impact like Sadio.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 am

eds » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 am wrote:Welcome Momo!!!!  :buttrock

Not sure what some of you gimps are complaining about.

He adds a specific dimension we need when going forward, especially with the CL this season and cover for key players who have a history of injury.

I would also be putting CAF on notice that both Salah and Mane will not be participating in that idiotic tin pot tournament they have every 2 years.

Enough is enough, a line needs to be drawn in the sand. FIFA need to be forced to make it every 4 years and moved to June and July.   :no

I agree it should be every 4 years. Every 2 years is a joke. They should do it every 4 years in June and slot it 1 year before the world cup.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:20 am

I think the fact that he didn't do well at Chelsea, he will have something to prove and that should only benefit us. Also, he is Egyptian and has the weight of his country's expectations on his shoulders ( and they have a serious amount of national pride) and I am sure that will only motivate him to reach a higher level. He has blistering pace, a great engine, high work rate and judging by his assists will bring others into play. Happy we have a left footer, I hope he can take a free kick. My only objection about him was that he rejected us for Chelsea but I think that in the long run that will help us, as I think he will have a point to prove.

Our front four are going to be a real handful for any team. Welcome to the club Mohammad Salah.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:31 am

kazza » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:20 am wrote:I think the fact that he didn't do well at Chelsea, he will have something to prove and that should only benefit us. Also, he is Egyptian and has the weight of his country's expectations on his shoulders ( and they have a serious amount of national pride) and I am sure that will only motivate him to reach a higher level. He has blistering pace, a great engine, high work rate and judging by his assists will bring others into play. Happy we have a left footer, I hope he can take a free kick. My only objection about him was that he rejected us for Chelsea but I think that in the long run that will help us, as I think he will have a point to prove.

Our front four are going to be a real handful for any team. Welcome to the club Mohammad Salah.

I agree with your comments mate, but just to clarify he never rejected us for chelsea.... the full story was printed a few days back and it was basically down to us low balling on the bid and in the end Chelsea came in and paid what the club wanted
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 am

C-R » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:31 am wrote:
kazza » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:20 am wrote:I think the fact that he didn't do well at Chelsea, he will have something to prove and that should only benefit us. Also, he is Egyptian and has the weight of his country's expectations on his shoulders ( and they have a serious amount of national pride) and I am sure that will only motivate him to reach a higher level. He has blistering pace, a great engine, high work rate and judging by his assists will bring others into play. Happy we have a left footer, I hope he can take a free kick. My only objection about him was that he rejected us for Chelsea but I think that in the long run that will help us, as I think he will have a point to prove.

I agree with your comments mate, but just to clarify he never rejected us for chelsea.... the full story was printed a few days back and it was basically down to us low balling on the bid and in the end Chelsea came in and paid what the club wanted

why am I not surprised CR  :laugh:

... anyway, credit to FSG we are showing abit more ambition with this signing... It helps that we have a strong character manager who knows what he wants. I liked BR but due to his lack of track record he didnt have as much clout as Kloppsy
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion