EPL Title race - 21/22

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby electrum » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:07 pm

The key is to just keep getting results- whether we grind out 1-0 or have Alli as MOM - it doesn't matter.

If we can match their results up until we play them it will be the mother of all "6 pointers" at the Etihad.

If we slip to more than 6 points behind it's pretty much over.

Win at the Eithad and be within 3 points or closer at that time - I reckon we win it.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Yup we just have to keep on winning and then see what happens. As long as we can put up some sort of fight and not make it easy for them lot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:34 pm

It's on and back in our hands  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:15 pm

electrum » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:07 pm wrote:The key is to just keep getting results- whether we grind out 1-0 or have Alli as MOM - it doesn't matter.

If we can match their results up until we play them it will be the mother of all "6 pointers" at the Etihad.

If we slip to more than 6 points behind it's pretty much over.

Win at the Eithad and be within 3 points or closer at that time - I reckon we win it.

I still stick with what I posted a few weeks back. If we can come away from the Etihad level on points or better I think they will bottle it and we will have the momentum firmly with us.

Would absolutely be a dream to snatch it from them after being 12 points behind!  :grinning:
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:19 am

It was a fantastic game at the Etihad, don't remember ever shouting Kane's name before :D . I've always disliked Spurs but I was their biggest fan for 90 minutes there :D .

It's still going to be a very difficult task to get above City, we have some difficult games coming up before we play them at the Etihad where we'd probably have to beat them too, but on the other hand we're not far from them and if they suddenly go on just a small run of bad form and results, things can change really quickly, as we well know ourselves.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:04 pm

I think it's shown how important the Diaz signing was with Jota now picking up a injury. With all our other players coming back from injuries and confidence sky high I think City will be feeling the pressure.

For weeks we've been playing after City and they've not dropped any points.. as soon as we play before them and pick up 3 points, the pressure was on, and they crumbled.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:22 pm

Let's snap our first trophy of the season on Sunday. It will give the lads added motivation to want the big ones.

Imo IF we keep winning and City stumbles a few more times then it will be evident the pressure has got to them, we would be closer to glory.

In Jan we were far away but kept plugging wins. Mentality of Klopp and the lads has been awesome.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:48 pm

After 26 games, 3 points behind, 4 goals better GD and we have to play City.

Game on. Very much game on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:51 pm

I do wonder how this will affect City. From a mentality point of view, the pressure must be huge. Weren't they 13 or 14 points clear at one stage?

I'm going to guess that we'll be even stevens by the time we meet them. I think they have another defeat in their looker before they meet us.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:02 pm

Interesting you say that Kewell, since City do have some tough fixtures coming up before they play us, but unfortunately our fixtures are much tougher!

In the next 5 league games before we play them we have 4 really difficult matches.

West Ham (H)
Brighton (A)
Arsenal (A)
Man United (H)
Watford ((H)

We dropped points against the first two earlier this season so I expect both to be tough again, while Arsenal and Man U are always difficult obviously.

City on the other hand have these games to play:

Everton (A)
Man United (H)
Palace (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (A)

Not easy by any means, but their fixtures have more banana skins, like their archnemesis C. Palace, rather than actual tough oponents like we have. Add to that we have to play Inter as opposed to their Sporting and we also have the cup final so we will be a lot more tired than them.

All in all, IMO we'll be lucky if we can keep the difference to just the 3 points before we play them and if we somehow manage to beat them at their pitch then I'd say we can really win the title.

If the world doesn't end by then that is. Again.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:13 pm

Everton should've got a draw at least, I cant believe that wasn't a pen, clear handball from Rodri.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:19 pm

That was BULL****
If that was Burnley Everton would have got that pen....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:08 pm

VAR is the biggest threat to the game and should be scrapped straight away. Its consistency is even worse that a ref making a bad call on the spot.  There is so much money in the English game but its nothing compared to what is being gambled on a weekly basis. Nearly every other league has had its time in the sun over corruption so its naive to think the prem is immune to this.  VAR is the perfect tool to facilitate it imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:53 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:08 pm wrote:VAR is the biggest threat to the game and should be scrapped straight away. Its consistency is even worse that a ref making a bad call on the spot.  There is so much money in the English game but its nothing compared to what is being gambled on a weekly basis. Nearly every other league has had its time in the sun over corruption so its naive to think the prem is immune to this.  VAR is the perfect tool to facilitate it imo.

+1
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Given some of the VAR decisions that have gone City's way this season it would not surprise me in the least if it did emerge that palms had been greased somewhere along the line.
Hand on heart I still think it's more a case of gross incompetence than out-an-out corruption but some decisions are so bad you can't help but wonder.
Many a time you just find yourself sitting there wondering what the hell they are watching at that Stockley park.
You can surround people with all the technology you want but it's starting to look like some of these officials are only seeing what they want to see, Saturdays game being a case on point.it was clearly handball.No wonder Lampard has kicked off today.it was a staggeringly bad decision.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion