MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:52 am

Reg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:10 pm wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/25/mohamed-salah-should-stay-anfield-become-all-time-great/

Sentimentally Carra's right, but business wise to generate funds to buy in the next young super star, he's wrong.  He can't afford for players to grow old any more, we have to the roll thm out and bring in replacements.

Suarez was a disruption and whilst I didn’t want the crazy git to leave I honestly believe that the club did. Torres was good business because he was sold when his form, which never really returned, was well and truly on the way down. Coutiniho  turned out to be a great piece of business in the same way as Sterling. Both players and their agents treated the club with zero respect and were replaced with players that have gone on to win us CL number 6 and very nearly 7 as well as our first league title for 30 years. Losing Mascha and Alonso were very different stories and I miss them to this day. The club at that time however was in a different place. Personally I would do everything possible to keep Mo for as long as he is at the top of his game but that doesn’t say we shouldn’t be very careful. If he dithers about signing a lengthy contract extension  then decisions,given his age,will have to be made.Bayern Munich got next to nothing for Triago Alcantara in the same way that we got useless money for Owen and McManamon due to the contractual timing of their transfers. At the moment we could probably sell Mo for circa £150m. Do we then go all out and buy somebody like  Mbappe which would be
a huge statement of intent. We certainly didn’t mess about financially with VVD,Ali and Fab and just look at the difference they have made.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:18 pm

It is an interesting debate, on one hand I would want to also keep him for good. I feel Salah still has a good few years in him.
However, considering the ridiculous amount we would get for him, we could importantly use it to seal our future dominance. Incorporating another gem who could begin our new set up of a fab 3.
If we were to sell him I would want Mbappe.
Jota (24) Mbappe (22), the future, covered with Mane and Firmino.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:13 am

I fear Mbappe is another disruptive Pogba waiting to happen, I would be very reluctant to see him come to Anfield.
Klopp won't allow a threat to his dominance as Sakho will attest to .We don't need Mbappe, we need another Mane or Jota.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:13 am

Reg » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:13 pm wrote:I fear Mbappe is another disruptive Pogba waiting to happen, I would be very reluctant to see him come to Anfield.
Klopp won't allow a threat to his dominance as Sakho will attest to .We don't need Mbappe, we need another Mane or Jota.

Based on what exactly? Haven't seen anything that has called his professionalism and integrity into question and far as I am aware he hasn't caused any issues at either Monaco or PSG. What exactly is it about Mbappe that makes you liken him to Pogba?
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:17 am

Mbappe would be an unbelievable signing but it’s not really our style to go for A-listers, cant see it happening in a million years, unfortunately  :down:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:40 am

VVD, Ali and Fab were very much A listers
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Eagle » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:13 am wrote:
Reg » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:13 pm wrote:I fear Mbappe is another disruptive Pogba waiting to happen, I would be very reluctant to see him come to Anfield.

Based on what exactly? Haven't seen anything that has called his professionalism and integrity into question and far as I am aware he hasn't caused any issues at either Monaco or PSG. What exactly is it about Mbappe that makes you liken him to Pogba?

Hi Eagle, there was an incident where we started saying he wanted out about 12 months ago and it looked like a Couts/Pogba force my way out scenario. But I agree with you he's appears well behaved and respectful. I suspect very high on Klopps list of necessary values is that no player has a disruptive ego or will challenge his authority. Just saying.....  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:42 pm

devaney » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:40 am wrote:VVD, Ali and Fab were very much A listers

I’d disagree mate, all 3 were very good players who cost us a lot of money and have grown in stature since their arrival here but Mbappe is in the Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo fantasy football type bracket. We are a club that tends to make superstars not buy them. I don’t even think the fee necessarily puts us off, I think it’s more the wages and the inevitable disruption to our wage structure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:42 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:40 am wrote:VVD, Ali and Fab were very much A listers

I’d disagree mate, all 3 were very good players who cost us a lot of money and have grown in stature since their arrival here but Mbappe is in the Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo fantasy football type bracket. We are a club that tends to make superstars not buy them. I don’t even think the fee necessarily puts us off, I think it’s more the wages and the inevitable disruption to our wage structure.

Personally, I think mbappe is hugely overrated. Not enough end product and goes down like a sack of spuds if you sneeze on him
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:07 pm

If Salah does go then it will be for a huge £100+ fee. And if that happens i fully expect the club to replace him with a developing talent.

We have a world class scouting team and there isn't any manager i would trust with a huge transfer kitty more than Klopp.

Besides, Mane is the guy who makes our forward line tick, not Salah...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:17 am wrote:Mbappe would be an unbelievable signing but it’s not really our style to go for A-listers, cant see it happening in a million years, unfortunately  :down:

True . Mbappe will be unreal under Jürgen and this team , highly unlikely but I'm saving some hope for this one .

On Salah , I have no doubt that the gaffer with sort it in the best way possible .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:34 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:34 pm

Absolutely not surprised at all with him and fans would do well to remember what he did years ago when he was supposed to sign for us the first time.

The problem now is that he has us over a barrel. Hes the best player we have and the leading goal scorer every season. Losing him would upend the lot and he knows it. Agents take a lot of flak over these kind of situations but the players are equally as bad.

Value wise the boat has sailed on him I think and our best chance of maximum value was the window just gone. Hes inside the last 2 years now and we would be lucky to get 50 with a year left.  He wont be getting that kind of money anyway and I doubt FSG will bow to those demands.  They need to make a decision that isnt one where they hope he might sign right up till he leaves for nothing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:49 pm

No chance that he will be asking for £500k a week

And there is no chance the club will pay those level of wages

It’s the same Sh*t stirring nonsense that the same rag about Henderson which turned out to be nonsense
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:43 am

There is no requirement for a newspaper article to have any degree of accuracy these days, it's all just made up cr@p.  £500k a week? Dream on. Just because Man Utd are stupid doesn't mean we have to follow.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion