MOHAMED SALAH - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Me thinks it’s all a load of *****. It’s about as likely as Mbappe coming to Liverpool !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby footballman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 pm

He is my favorite player in the whole premier league !!! such a great player :laugh:
having a signature is the best
footballman
LFC newBie

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:56 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:50 pm

There's a lot in the papers about Mo not being happy, apparently one of his friends Aboutrika has been spouting off to the media. Maybe just selling a story but he didn't really look happy at CP and didn't celebrate his goals. If he is getting itchy feet I would cash in on him in the summer and bring someone like Sancho in.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:22 pm

Boocity » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:50 pm wrote:There's a lot in the papers about Mo not being happy, apparently one of his friends Aboutrika has been spouting off to the media. Maybe just selling a story but he didn't really look happy at CP and didn't celebrate his goals. If he is getting itchy feet I would cash in on him in the summer and bring someone like Sancho in.

don't believe all you read in the papers....Salah looked perfectly happy when he scored....It's good sportsmanship not to go over the top with celebrations when you score the 6 and 7th goal in a thrashing.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:28 pm

According to media all of our team are miserable c*nts and want out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:26 pm

I hope and think that's bs. Utterly class player, and a goal scoring machine, doesn't get the credit he deserves
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:34 am

fivecups » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:26 pm wrote:I hope and think that's bs. Utterly class player, and a goal scoring machine, doesn't get the credit he deserves

The fans ,management and all things LFC give him the credit.......the media , TV , Radio talksh**e and Press refuse to give credit because they are desperate for Liverpool to fail and will try anything to derail Klopps great work. The bias media have been beating a drum for years claiming Salah is a diving cheat , but in reality he is one of a few players trying to stay on his feet....Harry Kane biggest cheat in football (English media Darling)....Sterling another persistent cheat (english and carrying the banner for the fight against racism)...Vardy (english).....not a sound from the lips of Jermaine Jenas in criticism...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:54 pm

We all value Mo greatly, he really started the final push towards our current success and dominance however looking at the bigger picture, Mo's and Bobby are both 29 and Sadio 29 in 4 months time.

He's been linked to Spain and the Big 2 are both desperate as well as amongst the few clubs that will pay to dollar. Jota has proven we can buy in clinical finishers which is why I rate Sadio and Bobby as more indispensable than Mo.

If we can sell him for top dollar and bring in another 23 year Jota for half the money then bearing in mind they're all 29, Mo is the one I'd sell. Pretty sure Mike Edwards is thinking the same...
Last edited by Reg on Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:35 pm

I agree with Reg on this one, although Salah is one of our best players, we're not relying solely on one player in this team for a change, and since Mo is almost nearing 30, business wise it wouldn't be the worst idea to sell him if someone offers a lot of money.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:34 am

I think we've seen with teams of the last 5 years that if you don't continue to build the team for the future, the team will grow old together.

Man City for example had D.Silva, Fernandinho,Aguero, Kompany the backbone of team.. They all got old together and now look irreplaceable.

Same with Barcelona.. Xavi, Inesta, Messi, Pique, Suarez, Mascherano, Busquets all these stars are still playing or played  well past their prime without any sort of replacement insight. What happens then is when the team is not winning trophies and the success starts fading the team will start panic buying, and buying over the odds for players they hope will turn good.

Man Utd, City, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal have all struggled in rebuilding good teams by not building for the future. I love Gini but he's at a age now where we could let him go if the right replacement is there at a younger age.. Obviously the same with Salah aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:04 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:34 am wrote:I think we've seen with teams of the last 5 years that if you don't continue to build the team for the future, the team will grow old together.

Man City for example had D.Silva, Fernandinho,Aguero, Kompany the backbone of team.. They all got old together and now look irreplaceable.

Same with Barcelona.. Xavi, Inesta, Messi, Pique, Suarez, Mascherano, Busquets all these stars are still playing or played  well past their prime without any sort of replacement insight. What happens then is when the team is not winning trophies and the success starts fading the team will start panic buying, and buying over the odds for players they hope will turn good.

Man Utd, City, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal have all struggled in rebuilding good teams by not building for the future. I love Gini but he's at a age now where we could let him go if the right replacement is there at a younger age.. Obviously the same with Salah aswell.

That’s a good point actually, one of the things we did well during our heyday was bring replacements in early, a lot of the greats who played for us spent time in the reserves before they broke into the first team (Clemence, McDermott, Hansen etc etc).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:51 pm

My thoughts exactly, if he wants a change of scene then take the money and build for the future.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:34 pm

I don't think we'd stand in the way of any player if they told us they wanted to move and a good offer was on the table. No point keeping players whose heart and mind are elsewhere. If Salah fancies trying a new league then fair enough. He's made a huge contribution to our recent success.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:10 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ime-great/

Sentimentally Carra's right, but business wise to generate funds to buy in the next young super star, he's wrong.  He can't afford for players to grow old any more, we have to the roll thm out and bring in replacements.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion