LIVERPOOL v norwich Sun 28th Jan 2.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:49 pm

Santa » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:13 pm wrote:Gravenberch's body language is pissing me off...

Yeah, said it before we signed him, the boy has attitude problems. At least he'll probably contribute more than Keita in the long run is what I tell myself.

Bradley and Quansah though, both excellent.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:54 pm

I wonder is Gravenberch worth more now than when we bought him ? I don#t think he's good enough. I'd like to see Clark or Bajcetic given a chance (when fit). Granted they're young and their game time needs to be managed, but I think they would offer a bit more. Don't know what it is about Gravenberch but he tries to be too clever, the quick feet aren't quick enough, delays the right pass.....perhaps i'm too harsh on him but I just don't think he's right for this team.
And Gakpo - I don't know what his role actually is. He's not confident enough in front of goal, doesn't have the quick feet to dance around players and isn't a great passer of the ball either.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:07 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:24 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:47 pm wrote:Sorry, have to say it - Gravenberch is really not that great, is he ?

Goal or not, i don't think he's good enough

No he's not, I was underwhelmed by his signing in the first place.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:08 pm

Gravenberch is only 21, at that age he’s only going to improve, I can see him being a top midfielder in a few years time. Btw he scored today as well so he can’t have been that bad! His body language is probably down to frustration, he knows he can do better.
What a well oiled machine we are these days, I can remember lower league sides like Bristol City and Bolton etc coming here in the cups and regularly giving us trouble. The Klopp era has been a joy to live through, gonna miss that fella like f**k.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Gravenberch will probably need a summer and full pre-season before wr see him settled.

But he will need to step up a gear or two. As our young lads are looking extremely good, too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:08 pm wrote:Gravenberch is only 21, at that age he’s only going to improve, I can see him being a top midfielder in a few years time. Btw he scored today as well so he can’t have been that bad! His body language is probably down to frustration, he knows he can do better.
What a well oiled machine we are these days, I can remember lower league sides like Bristol City and Bolton etc coming here in the cups and regularly giving us trouble. The Klopp era has been a joy to live through, gonna miss that fella like f**k.

Just had hoped Klopp would've hanged on until his contract expired. New manager, new philosophy, new system. Klopp v2 is working really well and yet to hit its peak.

Anyhow to the game, good performance, like seeing the development of the younger lads Bradley, Quansah. Up next we got Southampton or Watford.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:34 pm

The last two occasions Liverpool beat Norwich in the FA Cup at Anfield they went on to win the trophy.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:13 pm

Oh hear come the body language experts. It was Sturridge, Keita, and now it's Gravenberch.

Gravenberch was one of our best players on Wednesday and today you could see the relief at finally putting the ball in the net in his celebration.
Eagle

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:51 am

Eagle » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:13 pm wrote:Gravenberch was one of our best players on Wednesday and today you could see the relief at finally putting the ball in the net in his celebration.

I swear we must be watching a different game or it's about time for you to visit a nearby Specsavers...Gravenberch was pïssed poor on Wednesday as well

One of our best players? You're having a laugh

I can understand if someone is having a bad game or two...but the work rate, the body language...you don't need to be an expert to see this  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:37 pm

Great result. Darwen and Diogo at it again  !! Quansah , Bradley and McConell all looking very useful. Cracking second goal  by Norwich. Just glad Ali didn’t get a hand on it, he’d have been off to hospital with a broken wrist  !! Cracking entertainment.
Last edited by devaney on Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:42 pm

Santa » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:51 am wrote:
Eagle » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:13 pm wrote:Gravenberch was one of our best players on Wednesday and today you could see the relief at finally putting the ball in the net in his celebration.

I swear we must be watching a different game or it's about time for you to visit a nearby Specsavers...Gravenberch was pïssed poor on Wednesday as well

One of our best players? You're having a laugh

I can understand if someone is having a bad game or two...but the work rate, the body language...you don't need to be an expert to see this  :no

I've gotta go with Santa on this.  Wont go into the "body language" stuff but suffice to say that so far, on his contribution in his appearances for the club he's been underwhelming. I'd score him no more than a 4/10 . Unless he significantly kicks up his performance I don't see a long term future for him at our club.
Will also mention that after a bright start imo Gakpo isn't delivering his initial promise. Not gonna bin the fella off, he's got some quality , but overall I'd rate his contribution since joining us as no more than a 6/10.
Sad thing is that with Jurgens forthcoming departure some of our players with good/great potential may not actually have his guidance to push on and achieve it.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games