brighton v LIVERPOOL Sat 28th Nov 12.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:22 pm

Wtf
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:25 pm

I hate var
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Now we have to go pretending we haven't been blatantly robbed again? I'm sick of this VAR garbage. I genuinely hate watching EPL at the moment.
Last edited by UvS xR4GEx on Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:34 pm

To be fair if we would have come away from that game with the 3 points it would have been a bit of a smash and grab, Brighton were the better team.We need to stop this chopping and changing and just pick our best available XI.
We need to get the likes of Thiago and Trent back as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:46 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:31 pm wrote:Now we have to go pretending we haven't been blatantly robbed again? I'm sick of this VAR garbage. I genuinely hate watching EPL at the moment.

I wouldn’t call what happened today a robbery, what happened at Goodson was a robbery, I think the officials probably got it right today. Okay there wasn’t much contact but if you swing your foot at the ball in the penalty area but make contact with the opposition players foot instead then you are asking for trouble.
The whole thing is incredibly frustrating but we’ve only got ourselves to blame, we didn’t play well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:50 pm

Why is the interviewer pushing Klopps buttons? He tried putting words in his mouth and then challenging him over kick-off times aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:55 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 pm wrote:Why is the interviewer pushing Klopps buttons? He tried putting words in his mouth and then challenging him over kick-off times aswell.

He'll be instructed to do that by the TV shows producer. Klopp exploding on national TV will be a ratings hit.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 pm

I really don't know why he kept minamino on and took Mo off
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Boocity » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:15 pm wrote:I really don't know why he kept minamino on and took Mo off

Taki is a neat and tidy player but any time he’s involved in a challenge which involves physical contact he invariably loses the ball, indeed Connolly’s 1 on 1 in the first half came from Taki losing a 50/50 in the middle of the park.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:48 pm

I'm falling out of love with football , when an armpit or like today a  toenail is adjudged offside, I've just about had enough !  :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:26 pm

I've watched football for nearly 40 years but I don't know this game. It's just not football. The joy has been sucked out of it. What looks like a perfectly good goal is scored but it's reviewed, at the review it again looks perfectly good, decision..... Ruled off for offside, total *****. Welbeck, a million miles from scoring a goal, a faint touch of feet, nobody thought anything of it, never a penalty in a million years..... Decision, give a penalty. This is not football guys, i f*cking hate it. Oh, and btw, Brighton were not the better team.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:47 pm

fivecups » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:26 pm wrote:I've watched football for nearly 40 years but I don't know this game. It's just not football. The joy has been sucked out of it. What looks like a perfectly good goal is scored but it's reviewed, at the review it again looks perfectly good, decision..... Ruled off for offside, total *****. Welbeck, a million miles from scoring a goal, a faint touch of feet, nobody thought anything of it, never a penalty in a million years..... Decision, give a penalty. This is not football guys, i f*cking hate it. Oh, and btw, Brighton were not the better team.

+1
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:59 pm

So VAR get involved in  a 50/50 challenge for the ball and Robbo’s foot catches the Brighton players foot very slightly. Rather than simply deciding that it was not a clear and obvious  mistake by the referee they tell him to go to the monitor where he watches the incident in slow motion for all of 5 seconds and gives a penalty. To say I am bewildered is an understatement. Even Peter Walton suggested it was not a penalty and accepted that he needs to review his understanding of the rules. Frankly it is becoming a joke. Mo’s offside was bad enough and having to rely on the quality of the technology to measure a few millimetres is something I find hard to accept.

Having said all that we weren’t great and the injury tally is taking its toll. To add insult to injury Milly looks as if he will be out for a few weeks. Williams at RB is not ready and that is being kind. Minamino brings very little to the table. Had we been playing a half decent team we would have been in real trouble.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby chriserfolg » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Chamberlain , Van Dijk , Gomez , Keita , Shaq , TAA , Thiago , Milner?

Too many injuries is taking its toll , very unfortunate and var ffs
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:55 pm

VAR is still a joke in every sense.

After the game potter said its probably the easiest pen they will ever get but sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't but they even themselves out  :laugh:  This is the very reason they brought the damn thing in in the first place so teams wouldnt be getting penalties for nothing and yet it has managed to get it wrong more times in a year than referees do in ten. It's an utter joke.

Love Klopp but hes coming across as a whinge. The fooking matches are sorted before the season starts so no point in moaning about them now.  He should have been more angry about VAR rather than us having to play on a wednesday and Saturday morning which we have done plenty of times before.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games