LIVERPOOL v chelsea Sat 28th Aug 5.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Tommy Smith » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:07 pm

It was an awful performance by Klopp's team, alarmingly we still have chronic problems over the past seasons for not having a top striker (CF) the three degrees Salah,Firmino, and Manie aren't really top center-forwards, they were originally wingers, no doubt we will struggle to score goals this season. We have problems all over the pitch, Clumsy Matip awful defending, he got sucked in more than three times and leaving gaps behind him, Robbo and Trent were really useless, why Klopp dropped Tsimikas who is much better than Robbo?

Chelsea could have won it with 10 players, the difference between the two teams is huge!

Outstanding players were Elliot, VVD, Jota, Fabinho, Thiago, the rest were utter RUBBISH.
Klopp needs to buy quality CF at once, otherwise, it will be hard to keep pace with Chelsea.

The players need to do much better, and good luck with the next game.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Yesterday's game left a bad taste because we failed to break down their 10 men but I don't think we need to go too overboard and get too down. Chelsea are the current European Champions and after signing Lukaku many peoples tips for the title, in that first half when it was XI v XI there wasn't anything between the sides, if they are title contenders then going on the evidence of yesterday then so are we. I don't care what anyone says their goal was lucky, he couldn't lob Ally from there again if he tried in fact I think he was just trying to flick it back into the danger area. They did create one good chance which Ally saved but the best chance of the half was the one Hendo fluffed when Trent found him with that long  raking pass. Elliott missed a good chance in that first half too. We weren't steamrollered or anything we gave as good as we got.
Disappointing to not break them down and take the 3 points but let's not make out we got our @rses kicked or anything.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:14 am

Yup nothing to be overly disappointed about, however 3 points would've been sweet with maximum on board this early in the season. This season will be tight at the top and imo will come down to the top 6 head to head. City may obliterate other teams but this season I Feel Us, Chelsea, Mannure could take points off them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:10 am

Really enjoyed that first half. Henderson had the best chance and he really should have scored. Elliot had one or two opening too but they were a little harder. Chelsea were dangerous, but it took a lucky/magical goal (depending on your take) for them to score. The penalty and the red card were the correct decisions. And great work by Mane in both winning the initial header and then getting his toe to the ball and forcing James to clear off the line with thigh and arm.

We started the second half strong and Chelsea were forced to park the bus. Tuchel has transformed them defensively since he arrived so it was one hell of a bus they parked. Reminded me of when Bayern came to Anfield for a draw a few years ago. When a top side go for the shut out, 10 or 11 men, they often get it. Thought shots from range looked quite fruitful early on so was disappointed we stopped doing this. With their 5 across the back we struggled to stretch them and create gaps in the centre. Thought Klopp made the right subs in the second half but 10/15 minutes too late. The pattern of the game was set early on and Thiago was always going to me more useful in breaking them down than Henderson. And Robbo was pretty ineffective in the final third on his first game back so to me it made sense to give an inform Kostas at least 20 minutes.

You’re always going to be disappointed when you don’t break down 10 men but it’s been a really positive start to the season. 2 comfortable wins and then a draw against our title rivals. And we’ve only conceded 1 freak goal. Goalkeeper and CBs looking good, our 4 main attackers are all off the mark, and former fringe players like Kostas and Harvey look ready to play their part. When I first saw the team sheet against Chelsea my first thought was how strong our 9 man bench was. I’ve been feeling really positive since pre-season and nothing I’ve seen since has dampened that. We’ll be right in the mix for the title come April/May.
Eagle

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games