BENFICA VS LIVERPOOL - Thursday 1st april 20.05 k.o

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SportingCPFan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey lads. Unlucky in your macth yesterday agaisnt my big rivals, benfica. I just wanted to show you guys this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=352R9OhOnqo&feature=player_embedded

As you can see, Luisão gets two yellow cards and he doesnt get sent of.

Try to show this videos to many people, lets hope it gets to Uefa. Good luck in your 2nd game!

Cheers from Portugal :bowdown
SportingCPFan

Postby badradio » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Honestly I still think the ref was too harsh on sending off Babel...I mean, it's obvious Babel shouldn't have done that, but the ref must have the sensibility to see what's an aggression and what's a 'discussion' between 2 players. He certainly didn't hurt Luisão, he had an unsporting behaviour and should have received a yellow card for that...the ref job is also to lead the game in order to things go well. I don't believe that 'discussion' would bring more problems for the game.. I think it would end there..and it would have been better for the game.
I mean, it was wrong, but he didn't elbowed nobody, no real harming, he wasnt trying to hurt. That's what I don't like in football...refs nowadays give yellows for the most stupid thing (like David Luiz for giving the ball 4 meters behind where the foul was taken), and then let very hard tackles go through (by the way, I think Luisão foul deserved a yellow, no more than that too)...

I know it's frustrating losing like you did...even if you all can admit the 2 penalties were right decisions. It's always frustrating...and I understand that. What makes me kind of 'sad' is how most Liverpool supporters ranted about the Benfica fans. I mean, besides those stupid episodes with the 2 things thrown on the pitch by that idiot, Benfica fans did what every team do in these big matches...obviously you whristle ref's decisions, opposition players...but that's it. It's obvious we would try, just like you'll do next week, to create an 'hostile' atmosphere...it's nothing against you, but just to pressure the opponents.
I remember Babel was 'booed' when he came off (I think that was expectable), just like Torres for being such an ladie on the pitch (sorry, guys, he has LOADS of talent, but he was clearly tired and trying to force as many fouls as possible)...but when Gerrard came off Benfica fans actually clapped him. If you re watch the game you can hear it. It's just a matter on how you behave on the field.
When Manchester United faced us in 2006 before getting you on the draw, we needed to win the last group match against Man Utd at our home. Cristiano Ronaldo was returning to Portugal, he had recently played on that stadium and was largely supported...It's even said he is a benfica fan.
I guess it was his first time facing a portuguese team and press talked about it...We knew he was a key player, so we whristle him all game, like we did to all opposition. Cristiano got nervous, had a terrible game..and when he was subbed he gave our stand the finger...he wasn't expecting that reception  as a portuguese...but on the field he's our opponent.

And it's not such an hostile atmosphere...I mean, in a turkish way....it was the first time we had that thing happening on a european match (throwing the 'missiles'), players are safe, Benfica supporters have fair play, never had a problem with other team's fans... It's not like some turkish, greek hells, where you can't even wear your scarf safely or player are sent things all the time in corners, etc.
That's pretty much 'boo-ing'... The match ends, we even clap your team if needed.
I mean, Estadio da Luz and Anfield are known for being tough stadiums for a reason...not only on support but how it makes it difficult to opponents..

But, anyway, I can't change how you feel about it..just wanted to say that 'hate' english press is saying is rubbish. No hate at all towards Liverpool...
badradio

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:12 pm

I think you're over reacting a bit there son.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby badradio » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:16 pm

SportingCPFan wrote:Hey lads. Unlucky in your macth yesterday agaisnt my big rivals, benfica. I just wanted to show you guys this video:

Try to show this videos to many people, lets hope it gets to Uefa. Good luck in your 2nd game!

lol..how typical. A Sporting Lisbon fan worried about Benfica...not so many matches to worry about these days,right? ;)
Anyway..I think that was clear on the field...everybody saw it. I think he did it because Luisão was giving him his back the first time and didn't see...what matter is what he writes on his book. I've seen refs taking off cards by saying 'Ok, my mistake, the yellow card was for the other guy'. That's not relevant as match incidence. That's relevant on how poor this ref was...just like on Liverpool's dissalowed goal, where he couldn't even see the linesman telling him it was offside, even with those new radio devices.
Or like the free kick before Benfica goal...and he couldn't set the wall distance and be heard, making it a 5 meters wall...

The ref was just terrible. This match deserved a better one...
badradio

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 pm

s@int wrote:spot on, not even a freekick for a boot to the head  :D

Exactly, what's more dangerous - attempting to take someone's head off, or stroking someone's face?  ???

If Babel doesn't get sent off, it's a different game. Simple as that really.

I hope we tw@t them at Anfield.
LFC2007

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:23 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:spot on, not even a freekick for a boot to the head  :D

Exactly, what's more dangerous - attempting to take someone's head off, or stroking someone's face?  ???

If Babel doesn't get sent off, it's a different game. Simple as that really.

I hope we tw@t them at Anfield.

did we even get a freekick for that, im sure we didnt, where the fook did they get that ref from, some shocking decisions.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 pm

hahaha that guy is right the ref showed him 2 yellow cards, i think he lost the plot and didnt realise it was the same player as he hadnt put the first yellow in the book, lets face it there was no need to show it again, i bet he said after the game it was for the same offence to cover his ar$e, what a fool.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby ste123lfc » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Can't beleive that UEFA have not even made a statement regarding the coin throwing and the fireworks throw on the pitch. If this had happened at an English ground we would all of been banned by now. They are just a bunch of anti English tw@ts.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Bad bad cheating fecking tw@ts them. I can't even mention the c.unt in the middle . Fuming . Rafa's fault .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm

ste123lfc wrote:Can't beleive that UEFA have not even made a statement regarding the coin throwing and the fireworks throw on the pitch. If this had happened at an English ground we would all of been banned by now. They are just a bunch of anti English tw@ts.

Let's not get carried away... fireworks and torches are very common in Greece and Italy ,so i wouldn't be shocked UEFA didn't act on it ,they will probably get a big fine and that's it ,but we as Liverpool fan shouldn't start a whining fest over this - They actuelly got a warning from the Ref he would stop the game if it continues.

We should be man enough to face them at Anfield and win ,I thought we matched them pretty well till the dismissal of Babel and i'm proud of the lads for the effort they gave ,if we keep are heads and play hard and focused we will win.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby TomG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:36 am

SportingCPFan wrote:Hey lads. Unlucky in your macth yesterday agaisnt my big rivals, benfica. I just wanted to show you guys this video:

No, Luisão doesn´t get two yellow cards.

The first one shown in the video is not seen by him, as he is in the discussion with Babel.

As the discussion is over, in the end, the ref calls the two players, shows the yellow to Luisão and the red to Babel.

Easy. :;):

Ohh and another thing:

"Liverpool faced a cauldron of hate at the Estadio da Luz."

What? :oops: 
A "cauldron of hate" ?
What a stupid thing to say, really!
Probably who wrote this wasn´t in Lisbon yesterday. Neither had a beer in the Rossio square between the supporters of both clubs.
Do you believe in this bullsh**?
Last edited by Bad Bob on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomG

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:52 am

TomG wrote:

No, Luisão doesn´t get two yellow cards.

The first one shown in the video is not seen by him, as he is in the discussion with Babel.

As the discussion is over, in the end, the ref calls the two players, shows the yellow to Luisão and the red to Babel.

Easy. :;):

The long and short of it is this. The ref was biased towards Benfica. Before the red card Benfica were average. It makes me laugh how you can say Benfica deserved to win. No you didnt. You only started to play well once you realised the referee was giving nothing Liverpools way. I predicted during the match that you would get another penalty and lo and behold you did. The referee swayed that match, not Benficas "skill". The return match cannot come quickly enough.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:57 am

Your on a wind up. I would delete that link if I were you.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:06 am

Putting aside for a moment the sending off and the bias shown by the ref in the game, I don't think there is any real doubt that we were not playing well anyway. The fluency, passing and movement that was very prominent in our previous game was absent, and we were back to the stuttering football of the game against the mancs. Maybe we can only play the relaxed passing game against poor teams, or maybe its all down to Lucas, or more likely in my opinion that the balance of the team is such that when we don't play with a good passing midfielder the whole system breaks down.

We had a spell in the early part of the second half when Gerrard dropped deeper and for the first time we looked likely to create something, sadly it was during this better spell that Benfica scored, Gerrard was pushed forward (or decided to go forward) and we were back to the stuttering football again.

I thought our players showed great determination and effort, but the way our defence was cut open time and time again (even with 2 defensive midfielders ) was a constant worry , and maybe we were a little lucky to come away only the odd goal down (If only fecking Torres had put away that chance! ) as it could have been so much worse.
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:33 am

s@int wrote:Putting aside for a moment the sending off and the bias shown by the ref in the game, I don't think there is any real doubt that we were not playing well anyway. The fluency, passing and movement that was very prominent in our previous game was absent, and we were back to the stuttering football of the game against the mancs. Maybe we can only play the relaxed passing game against poor teams, or maybe its all down to Lucas, or more likely in my opinion that the balance of the team is such that when we don't play with a good passing midfielder the whole system breaks down.

We had a spell in the early part of the second half when Gerrard dropped deeper and for the first time we looked likely to create something, sadly it was during this better spell that Benfica scored, Gerrard was pushed forward (or decided to go forward) and we were back to the stuttering football again.

I thought our players showed great determination and effort, but the way our defence was cut open time and time again (even with 2 defensive midfielders ) was a constant worry , and maybe we were a little lucky to come away only the odd goal down (If only fecking Torres had put away that chance! ) as it could have been so much worse.

Benfica created a couple of chances but their finishing was awful. They couldnt hit the target. They won the game simply because of the penalties they were gifted. The officials were intimidated. And for the sake of pleasing the crowd in fear of getting hit by a firecracker, they gave decisions that were totally against the play.

That match should have been abandoned. The Benfica supporters threatened the officials, and the man in the middle got so scared he played to the crowd. Benfica won simply because the officials played to satisfy the crowd. Torres was kicked from pillar to post but thats fine, a tap against a benfica player resulted in a freekick.

No doubt about it in my mind. The officials won that game for Benfica. They wouldnt have scored in a brothel otherwise.

Its cheating at its very worst.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games