Liverpool vs FC Gomel 2nd Leg – Thursday 9th August – 20:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 pm

damjan193 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 pm wrote:Who was the booing for?

they were shouting "shoot!" at carra

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:58 pm

joe allen didn't even clap the players off. he can get lost.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

I was quite impressed by our overall performance.  I actually thought every player had a good game.  If I picked a couple who weren't as great, I'd say Shelvey made a few more mistakes than most and was caught with the ball for too long a bit too often, but he still had a good game.  I thought Lucas showed that he hasn't played for the past year, but he was still playing well, really well considering his injury.

I thought Downing was actually pretty good.  Almost never lost the ball, took the fullback on, and he got himself into much better positions than he had last year when the ball was on the other side of the pitch.  Lots of good balls in as well.

Borini and Suarez both played really well, Gerrard as well.  Johnson and Enrique were both pretty good, those Enrique quieted down in the second half a bit.  Agger was  beast as always.

I'd say Suarez, Gerrard and Borini are the 3 that stood out for me, and I have to give MOTM to Borini considering he's not accustomed to everything like the rest of the guys and he got his first goal for the club.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Only caught the second half. Very positive, good performance.  :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:04 pm

stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:58 pm wrote:joe allen didn't even clap the players off. he can get lost.

True :D

He's probably wondering if he can get in the starting 11 seeing how well Shelvey, Lucas and Gerrard played in midfield today.
Looking forward to seeing the game with Leverkusen on Sunday.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:22 pm

in all seriousness though, the main conclusion you can draw from tonight is that under this manager in this team with how we want to play, if you aren't good enough you'll stick out like a sore thumb.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm

stmichael » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:22 pm wrote:in all seriousness though, the main conclusion you can draw from tonight is that under this manager in this team with how we want to play, if you aren't good enough you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Very true.  And I think that just may help us lure great talents to the club (Not necessarly yet).
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm surprised there aren't more of the idiots on here picking holes in the performance.

I personally was delighted with the comfortable win, excited at the style of play and interaction of the players. We looked very balanced, Gerrard looked comfortable with the midfield. When Lucas plays he seems himself, I don't get that feeling when Adam plays.

Shelvey looks more and more like a gem in the making, bringing in Allen will only spur him on more. Nothing like healthy competition.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Oh FFS, I was busy working and this game completely slipped off of my mind.

Now I come here realizing I forgot about the match, and it's all over, and everyone seems to think we played top class footy, and that too after so long.

Screw my luck.
kartiek

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm

SCS you have a constant hard-on for Shelvey.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby bowolf42 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Awesome display! No other words for it, Downing also actually looked like he was enjoying himself out here too!
Supporting LFC is not a hobby it's more important than work, the Wife and only slightly less important than the kids!
bowolf42
LFC Basic Member

Postby kartiek » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:47 pm

I hope the fans went nuts for Agger, we need to let BR know that Agger cannot be sold, at any price.
kartiek

Postby burjennio » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 am

We played some great stuff tonight and Suarez was off the charts awesome. Never in my life have I saw a player that pulls off the nutmegs that that man conjures up every game.
burjennio

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:12 am

very very impressed by what i seen tonight and that starting 11 was a strong line up.adding allen in place of shelvey and id say thats the best side we could field.
at times we were unplayable and it was a big relief to see us playing comfortably at such a high tempo and the players looked to be really enjoying it.the movement up front was a 100% improvement on last season with stevie and suarez linking up so well.borini looks ok,some nice movement and touches and has a sharpness about him that he showed for the goal.he could be a real steal.good to see the real enrique return also. :D
shelvey had a good game and is much better than adam or spearing so if room has to be made for allen then i hope its those two.jonjo and hendo would be decent cover for allen and lucas.if we keep what we have ie: carroll and agger along with the addition of allen then we would have a good shot at 4th this year.the icing on the cake would be losing jay,adam and cole to fund another signing preferably a winger.
fair dues to rodgers as they played fantastic and all off the same page.if this is a sign of what's to come then we are in for a real treat when its honed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 am

burjennio » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 am wrote:We played some great stuff tonight and Suarez was off the charts awesome. Never in my life have I saw a player that pulls off the nutmegs that that man conjures up every game.

he's brilliant when on song like that but unfortunately no goal for him.he'd 2 assists though and was the best player on the park by a mile.
im delighted we decided to pay the lad and keep him here :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games