LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA 2ND LEG - Thursday 8th april 20.05 k.o

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:46 am

The thing is if we pick the correct team  and play the correct tactics (Attack....attack....attack)....it is quite evident we have a good team and that we should be winning more games. So why is it that when we go away from home ...we have to play so negatively especially against teams like wigan....pompey...etc ?

A good result here doesn't make the birmingham result right. We have lost 2 points there because we didn't do enough to win. We set ourselves up too negatively....

Against benfica, we did enough.....and we were rewarded. This result just proves that benitez priorities europe over the league.

Anyway.......good result....Hope Agger continues as a leftback.

The games against A.Madrid will be hard though.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:06 am

blurblur wrote:all insua lovers and supporters read on... this game has clearly showed that the absence of insua clearly makes a big difference... he clearly sucks big time...!!! he offers nothing going forward and gets raped defensively in every game... the 4 top shits at LFC can now be listed as follows and inusa clearly stands at the top of the pile... :D

1. insua (sh.t king)
2. lucas (sh.t advisor)
3. babel (sh.t soldier)
4. riera (sh.t soldier)

two posts from you and thats already too many judging by the content of them both

what a penis
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Zidane » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 am

john craig wrote:What I would say is that we don't win every game where we go out all guns blazing.  Spurs and Villa both beat us at the start of the season when we were clearly commiting too many forward, especially the Villa game.  Basically we don't have enough quality going forward to play like that every week and win major trophies, plenty of teams would pick us off if we tried.  Ultimately it comes down to quality.

Fair play to us tonight though, you have to say Benitez got the tactics right on the night and at times we were awesome, that third goal was special, as was Torres' finish for the fourth.

Nail on the head imo, at the start of the season Rafa actually did try to make us an attack oriented team but we were leaking in goals left and right because of it so we reverted to how we play now.  We just lack the quality to do it more consistently imo.  At the same time I agree that Rafa does not give the team the go ahead against lesser opposition away from home.  It's a difficult situation I suppose.
Zidane

Postby kazza » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 am

Greavesie wrote:
blurblur wrote:all insua lovers and supporters read on... this game has clearly showed that the absence of insua clearly makes a big difference... he clearly sucks big time...!!! he offers nothing going forward and gets raped defensively in every game... the 4 top shits at LFC can now be listed as follows and inusa clearly stands at the top of the pile... :D

1. insua (sh.t king)
2. lucas (sh.t advisor)
3. babel (sh.t soldier)
4. riera (sh.t soldier)

two posts from you and thats already too many judging by the content of them both

what a penis

:nod  Not even a hard penis, just a d1ck with clothes on.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 am

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:25 am

kazza wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

1. insua (sh.t king)
2. lucas (sh.t advisor)
3. babel (sh.t soldier)
4. riera (sh.t soldier)

what a penis

lol  spat me tea out all over when I read that  :wwww

I thought some outstanding contributions from certain individuals need a mention. Agger looked really good, the Greek was solid, Lucas played like a brazilian (well, almost), Gerrard looked up for it for a change, Kuyt was ok, Johnson was ok and Torres was just - Torres, simply clinical.

I didn't rate Mascher, he's too much of a liability. Bull in a china shop approach to everything. I cringe when he gets close to the action.

this is just my opinion of course.  :nod
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:31 am

Agree with you on Macsherano Lee. He was tearing up the pitch with nearly every tackle again last night. Absolutely un-necessary approach. Could have picked up another couple of cards with a different ref.
tonyeh

Postby bigmick » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:35 am

I thought we were excellent against IMHO a very good team. Had they scored first when they were on top it would have been very tricky, but once Kuyt got himself on the end of Gerrards corner I always felt confident. Full marks to the coaching staff for that goal as they'd obviously had a look at the keeper and sussed out his weakness. With Gerrards excellent delivery and Kuyts sheer nuisance value (to them I mean) we almost scored a couple more that way. I actually thought their keeper got very conveniently injured.

Once we'd got the goal and they had to push, they were always vulnerable to Torres and we won comfortably. Performances like that confirm to me that we really are a much better team than we have shown on all too many occasions this season.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 am

Greavesie wrote:

1. insua (sh.t king)
2. lucas (sh.t advisor)
3. babel (sh.t soldier)
4. riera (sh.t soldier)

what a penis

ha ha  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 am

that was more like it....

more!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:34 am

bigmick wrote:I thought we were excellent against IMHO a very good team. Had they scored first when they were on top it would have been very tricky, but once Kuyt got himself on the end of Gerrards corner I always felt confident. Full marks to the coaching staff for that goal as they'd obviously had a look at the keeper and sussed out his weakness. With Gerrards excellent delivery and Kuyts sheer nuisance value (to them I mean) we almost scored a couple more that way. I actually thought their keeper got very conveniently injured.

Once we'd got the goal and they had to push, they were always vulnerable to Torres and we won comfortably. Performances like that confirm to me that we really are a much better team than we have shown on all too many occasions this season.

Agree  :nod
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blurblur » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:09 am

kazza wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

1. insua (sh.t king)
2. lucas (sh.t advisor)
3. babel (sh.t soldier)
4. riera (sh.t soldier)

what a penis

haha... at least i haf one... i wonder both u sissies got it...???  :rasp
blurblur

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

blurblur wrote:
kazza wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

1. insua (sh.t king)
2. lucas (sh.t advisor)
3. babel (sh.t soldier)
4. riera (sh.t soldier)

what a penis

haha... at least i haf one... i wonder both u sissies got it...???  :rasp

Classic flaccid comeback
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:06 pm

looking back on the game, i was quite impressed with the cross field passes between the flanks. out of the ( i counted, around 5 or 6 ) accurate passes, only one was nearly intercepted. but even then, it wasnt. when we switched up our build up play from one side, to the other with those floating long balls, we caught their defense a little bit out of position, and on the backfoot. and i think that contributed to our success going forward, as benayoun, kuyt and johnson regularly found themselves in advanced postions.

many a times, when we hoof the ball up the field we just give it back. now only, if the players used this hoofing tactic that they love so much :D and utilize them accurately and efficiently, maybe we dont HAVE to have a Xabi Alonso. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Worst part about being in the Europa League?  I don't get to see the matches!  Caught the highlights on footytube though (cheers Andy) and we looked kwalitee.  Some of the build-up plays for the goals was sublime.  So nice to see!  It would be even nicer if we could take that imperious form on the road sometime soon rather than just reserving it for Anfield matches.  Now to show Fulham who's boss in two comps.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games