Augsburg v Liverpool Thursday 18 Feb

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Raoul » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:I don't care what Michael Owen says, 0-0 was a bad result for us.

:nod  Agreed. I didn't get Owens logic either. We now only have one option, i.e. we have to win at our place, Augsburg on the other hand could go through even if they only manage a score draw.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:40 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 pm wrote:
Raoul » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:I don't care what Michael Owen says, 0-0 was a bad result for us.

:nod  Agreed. I didn't get Owens logic either. We now only have one option, i.e. we have to win at our place, Augsburg on the other hand could go through even if they only manage a score draw.

Yeah the lack of an away goal means we can easily find ourselves in a situation where we can actually be winning the game (and the overall tie) but still be on the verge of going out, if we are only 1-0 up by the time those last 10 minutes come around then it's going to be f**king awful, especially with our nervy defence/keeper/home crowd etc.
Just look what happened against Sunderland the other week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:40 pm wrote:
Yeah the lack of an away goal means we can easily find ourselves in a situation where we can actually be winning the game (and the overall tie) but still be on the verge of going out, if we are only 1-0 up by the time those last 10 minutes come around then it's going to be f**king awful, especially with our nervy defence/keeper/home crowd etc.

Yep, they'll come to Anfield, stay tight and compact inviting us too try and break them down while they wait to nick one on the break.

Unless we can stick away a couple in the first hour it's gonna be nerve shredding   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby clydemark » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:44 pm

A solid performance in a chilly and potentially difficult away game at FC Augsburg.
Would have been nice to get a away goal...but like so many German side, they are difficult to break down. Liverpool have the beating of this team though. Liverpool have plenty more in the bag to progress. YNWA
clydemark
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:04 pm

It was a disciplined no frills performance ,with the back 4 almost regimental ,and anyone prior to kick off expecting any invention from a midfield consisting of Milner and Henderson is in for a long wait. If you took 'ordinary' and split it down the middle these pair are what you would be left with.

Maybe that's a touch unfair given how we know Henderson can play ,I mean some players grow and take their respective games up a significant level when they're handed the captaincy, and some players wilt and let what should be a challenge become a huge onus, either Henderson needs to be dropped ,or relieved of an arm band that is clearly restricting the flow of blood to his heart.

I'm also a bit worried about Sturridge ,I know he's clearly still not 100% fit ,but with that glaring chance he spurned and each misplaced pass he made last night he looks up to the skies like he's half expecting to be hit by a falling piano.

The result makes our next two games massive ,and a pivotal period in the careers of the underperformers who must surely by now know their chances of impressing the boss are becoming decidedly slim. I think Klopp will use these next two games to decide definitively who goes and who stays ,God help this team if they lose to Augsburg ,because that will be the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:26 am wrote:No game to look forward to this weekend either.

I will be watching the Bitterz against Bournemouth avidly mate ,I've had a bet with one of the ( bluenose twat ) lads that the Cherries will beat them ,loser has to get his Eyebrows shaved off and endure having his plums and crack waxed  :(  :D  :(   It wasn't a clever bet ,but if they win it will be
an instagram moment  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:04 pm wrote:I'm also a bit worried about Sturridge ,I know he's clearly still not 100% fit ,but with that glaring chance he spurned and each misplaced pass he made last night he looks up to the skies like he's half expecting to be hit by a falling piano.

Last two appearances emotionally the last thing  you've seen from Sturridge is a smile.

He's been playing with a right gob on him, no joy no celebration .

Becoming a bit of a diva ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Lol its like were talking about a fragile child.
Lets just hope he stays fit.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 am

woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:42 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:04 pm wrote:I'm also a bit worried about Sturridge ,I know he's clearly still not 100% fit ,but with that glaring chance he spurned and each misplaced pass he made last night he looks up to the skies like he's half expecting to be hit by a falling piano.

Last two appearances emotionally the last thing  you've seen from Sturridge is a smile.

He's been playing with a right gob on him, no joy no celebration .

Becoming a bit of a diva ?

I think he's still a bit pi$$ed off about Jurgen publicaly calling him out over his injuries. These things happen though, in a few weeks it will all be water under the bridge.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 pm

If we can't give this lot a serious thrashing at Anfield then quite frankly we may as well give up!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:59 am

In the end, drawing really didn't make a difference regarding our schedule. I know some are concerned we will have to play our strongest side against them before the cup final, but in reality, why wouldn't we even if we had won? Maybe if we won 3-0 we could leave some out. Even at 2-0 I doubt Klopp would risk much, and I don't think many of us were expecting us to trounce them at their place, so I think the result in itself only affected us in the return leg. Obviously extra time is a very possible outcome, and if it goes to that it will hurt us, but we'll get there when we get there.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:15 am

Drawing 0-0 was the big problem. Away goals make a significant difference.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby anthony31 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:40 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 pm wrote:

Just look what happened against Sunderland the other week.

A tie is a good tie, if both team got scores at least 2-2 or 1-1. But 0-0 is always a disappointing ending for a match. It is not consoling, after all the excitement before the game and just ending up with 0-0.
anthony31
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games