LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA 2ND LEG - Thursday 8th april 20.05 k.o

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:32 pm

lakes10 wrote:see Rafa thats what he can do when you leave him on

When it matters............................................. to Rafa. Clearly an indictment of his priorities
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:44 pm

s@int wrote:I think Rafa's approach to many games is one of don't take any chances, don't make any mistakes and hopefully we will get a goal and keep a clean sheet. Against the "big" sides I think this works quite well as they come out and allow us to hit them on the counter, against "small" teams who are quite happy to sit back for the draw, we often struggle as the players aren't adventurous enough to force the game. Certainly in Europe it works a treat, but in the League we often look stilted and lack fluency as its pretty rare that we get behind teams as they sit deeper.   

Tonight I thought we got the balance pretty much spot on, although we still have problems playing the ball out of defense the higher line playing at home gives us more chance of winning the second ball when we hoof it, than when we just sit back. Which is why imo we have problems away from home.

I agree. For me the key difference is more players put in a good performance, I see even Kuyt got grudging "did ok" acknowledgment although I think he improved as the game went on and once he'd got the ball rolling. Made me laugh that Torres aside, the two key contributors were two of the most maligned on here.

After a testing start in which Benfica looked like they might carry on from last week, we started getting back in it and Kuyt's goal was worth its weight in gold. Once the aggregate was even they had to push forward a bit more and Lucas was fed well by Gerrard and finished surprisingly well. And how great was that move for the third? Brilliant counter attack from our own area, once Lucas won the ball and we launched the counter, feeding the ball to Kuyt and his cross was perfect - although everyone "knows" he contributes 'nothing but sweat and the odd goal' :suspect:

I thought their goal would only be a consolation, a lot of the puff had gone and their coach said they'd only played on the Monday although haven't we done that too recently? Torres finished them off well, I thought most of the players at the very least improved as the game went on and it would be a toss up between Kuyt, Lucas and Torres for my MOTM - honourable mentiones not withstanding.

We do of course have the continued distraction of this tin pot which may screw over any feint hopes of finishing fourth. We might kick on from this result, but I think it may be false hopes come false dawn as our next two are both home aren't they? Fulham and West Ham home before Atletico and Burnley away and then Atletico and Chelsea at home - how do we get away days in Europe before away days at home so often?!?!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:02 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
blurblur wrote:
kazza wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
blurblur wrote:all insua lovers and supporters read on... this game has clearly showed that the absence of insua clearly makes a big difference... he clearly sucks big time...!!! he offers nothing going forward and gets raped defensively in every game... the 4 top shits at LFC can now be listed as follows and inusa clearly stands at the top of the pile... :D

1. insua (sh.t king)
2. lucas (sh.t advisor)
3. babel (sh.t soldier)
4. riera (sh.t soldier)

two posts from you and thats already too many judging by the content of them both

what a penis

:nod  Not even a hard penis, just a d1ck with clothes on.

haha... at least i haf one... i wonder both u sissies got it...???  :rasp

Classic flaccid comeback

hahaha  :D
Fauxy

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 pm

We did a professional job on a decent Benfica team. For all their posession the Portugese did not create too much and we hit them on the break and took advantage of their weak points. You could sum up by saying we showed our experience against these sort of sides in European competition.For all our problems we know how to get things done in these type of games. That said at 3-1 it was edgy and had the visitors scored I am not sure we could have complained too much over the two games and perhaps 4-1 on the night flattered us a bit. Not to take anything away though it was a good night and we showed we are a good team when we put it together. Tough semi final and no guarantees there but at least something to look forward too and play for.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:13 pm

wonderful performance all round. I don't think anyone on that pitch had a bad game from our side, which I don't think I've been able to say once this season :)
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:07 pm

I was at Anfield last night and the atmosphere although muted at first ,was eventually what I have come to associate with  European nights everything gelled last night ,Agger was as adept at right back as he is accomplished at centre back ,Lucas was putting in the kind of venomous tackles that would have made Souness proud, the kind of crunching 100% bone jolting tackles that get every one of their seats  and  the Kop stand up in unison in  appreciation ,Kuyt was bursting with energy and deservedly merited the Echo's Man of the Match award as for Torres we are  indeed privileged to witness a truly outstanding talent wearing the red of Liverpool ,his second goal was sublime and taken with a real impudence that only the very best possess ,I also thought Carragher was back to his battling efficient self ,and Kyrgiakos is starting to slowly making me dine on my hasty words ,so much so that I have given him the respect of calling him by his proper name instead of the Greek ,special mention to Benayoun for defending from the front something Liverpool used to be synonymous with ,I will finish by mentioning the resounding support the Kop gave Benitez last night ,its refreshing to know his name is still sung with belief in most quarters  :D

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable night of football and even though its only my fifth home match this season it was the best
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Magic_Benfica » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Good Luck for Liverpool in Europa League. You will win it.

I dont have words do describe Anfield, it was awesome.

Our club never walk alone to

Benfica Arrives to Lisbon aeroport -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPZOFKom4o

YNWA listen in Benfica side -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIcU1HHguqs

Respect from Lisbon.
Last edited by Magic_Benfica on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magic_Benfica

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games