Will houllier last until may? - Houllier's position under threat

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Will houllier last until may? - Houllier's position under threat

Yes, he will last until the end of the season.
88%
No, he won't last until the end of the season.
13%

Total votes : 8

Postby Coley » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:31 pm

JBG, i think it's abit harsh to say we are the biggest joke of a club in European football.  In this country we are a joke, but we are not seen that way so much abroad.  Or are we?  Were's all the foreign fans when you need them?

Anyway, i think he'll go at the end of the season.  :;):
Coley

Postby redandblue » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:38 pm

I think that we have become a joke in our own backyard ie England. As far as Europe is concerned, we are nobodies. We can't qualify for the Champions League. And when we do, we get knocked out by good teams.

The UEFA Cup is for also rans. Real Madrid or United would be embarrassed to win it.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:07 pm

That's true about the UEFA Cup; if you read my message entitled 'UEFA CUP VERSUS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE', my comments mirror yours.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:14 pm

Real madrid and manure shouldnt be mentioned in the same breath.One of those clubs would be delighted to have a uefa cup to add to their paltry collection of european trophies.
And its not madrid.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:21 pm

Fair enough, maybe I exagerate a bit when I say we are the biggest joke in Europe, but we are a joke in England.

We are an old fashioned club which lives off the memory of past glories run by a man - David Moores - who is a nice but weak guy swimming in a sea full of sharks.

Unless there is change at the very top I could see us in the wilderness for the next ten or twenty years.

The problem is that alarming.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:39 pm

I think the mancunians went around 25 years without winning the league, I do hope that it is not going to be that long for us or I may turn into an alcoholic. Pretty soon Baddiel and Skinner will be making a new version of the 3 lions song specially for us, going something like:

Tears for heroes dressed in red
No plans for final day
Stay in bed, drift away
It could have been all
Songs in the street
It was nearly complete
It was nearly so sweet
And now I´m singing

A liver bird on the shirt
The Premiership still gleaming
25 years of hurt
Still we are dreaming

It´s coming home, it´s coming home,
Football´s coming home....
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cleman » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:37 am

Houllier will be allowed to stay until end of the season.

If Liverpool qualify for next season Champion League, Houllier won't be sacked.

If Liverpool unable to play for Champion League next season but win a Cup Competition (FA or UEFA), Houllier won't be sacked.

If Liverpool unable to play for Champion League next season and not winning any Cup Competition, but finalist of FA Cup or UEFA Cup, then again Houllier won't be sacked.

As long as either one of the above results obtain, the BOD still believe in Houllier's plan and consider it well progress of Liverpool team......

Probably the BOD will sack Houllier only if Liverpool relegated to Div 1

:angry:
Cleman

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:20 am

- Ferguson wouldn't be happy if manure were in the UEFA Cup but Madrid are a much bigger club in reality but NOT in the minds of the media and manure. Unfortunately a lot of people's opinions are media generated, sad they can't think for themselves :(

- We should finish fourth, there is only Newcastle, Fulham, Charlton, Birmingham and one or two other hopefuls to finish ahead of. I laughed at Houllier who suggested we could finish third - on current form we'd be lucky to finish fourth. We should finish fourth but we're not even there now, it would take more consistent form than we're showing at the moment and we still have to visit the top three. We also have to be wary of such poor results as obtained against Villa and spurs at home and Portsmouth and Charlton away. Not to mention a few "settle for" points at Boro and Newcastle.

Unless our form and mentality improves we will not make fourth. I'm happy either way - Houllier goes if we don't make fourth, it shuts the critics and mancs up if we do. Parry and Moores won't settle for fourth every season I'm sure (or do I mean hope)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion