If morgan wins - Then houllier is under threat!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 12, 2004 8:03 pm

Morgan reveals Anfield plan

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier's job could be under threat if millionaire fan Steve Morgan succeeds in a £73m attempt to buy into the club. Morgan said he was making a bid to prevent Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra from buying 30% of the club.

But the building magnate also said of Houllier's record on signings: "Anyone can make mistakes, but we just seem to have made a hell of a lot of them."

He aims to raise £61m with a rights issue and £12m through a share issue.

At a news conference on Wednesday, Morgan said it was "not the time or place" to discuss Houllier, but added that Liverpool had endured a "frustrating and disappointing" season.

Morgan, however, made his displeasure with Houllier's recent record clear.

"The manager has managed the club for the last six years and had some very good successes, but every supporter will be disappointed with this season.

"We are closer to the bottom than the top in terms of points and that has got to change."

He added: "The manager's track record for signings over the last few seasons has not been good, but equally he has made some good signings.

"I'm not going to name names, but we all know who these players are. There are certainly some I would like to see the back of."

More: click here!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed May 12, 2004 8:05 pm

When you read an article with could would or should in the first line, you need to read another article. This is pure speculation.

The lack of actual quotes is outweighed by inference and suggestion. Morgan simply sat on the fence when questioned, so to infer that he will sack Houllier if he gets a seat on the board is ludicrous. He would only become on tenth of a board, and have no outright say in matters.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed May 12, 2004 8:10 pm

but he would (if got on the board) criticise houllier. his not as patient as moores and wants results.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 12, 2004 8:15 pm

Thanks Leon,

But this 'could' is 'valid' and 'only valid' (according to the news) when the pre-condition is fulfilled, that is: 'IF MORGAN SUCCEEDS...'

Well, I personally think like you, it IS a speculation. But in agreement with the news, it IS NOT but a consequence.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed May 12, 2004 8:55 pm

My heart says that Steve Morgan is right man but my head says that Thai PM is perfect option, so I believe Liverpool will accept from Thaksin's offer than Steve Morgan's offer.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion