Will houllier last until may? - Houllier's position under threat

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Will houllier last until may? - Houllier's position under threat

Yes, he will last until the end of the season.
88%
No, he won't last until the end of the season.
13%

Total votes : 8

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:54 pm

In May, or perhaps earlier, will Houllier be upping sticks and eating croissants for breakfast in his native country, leaving the mighty reds to pick up the pieces.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:56 pm

I think he will last till May and then that will be the end.

An ideal situation would be if we finished 4th, Houllier took a roll in Youth Development and we got a new manager, who signed a Striker, Right sided midfielder and a pacey Defender to replace Henchoz.

I have a feeling we will finish 5th.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:03 pm

Has, don't you think that we need more than one defender - it's a bit shaky at the back.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:06 pm

In the long term we need to replace Hyypia with another pacey defender, I think that is the way the modern game is going, Henchoz and Hyypia are slower than average, But yes I agree. 2 new pacey centre backs are needed.

Don't you think that our midfield is crying out for a natural right sided midfielder, I like Simon Davies.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:13 pm

Yep. I like Davies as well. What about Beckham (lol), it wouldn't be the first time that an ex Man Utd player has moved onto another club and then come to Anfield. Remember Paul Ince. Excuse me, I've just had a few bottles of Carling.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:19 pm

What is the likely hood of us gettin Davies and if we can't what do you think of Steed Malbranque?

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cleman » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:22 am

How about Jermaine Pennant, Jesper Gronkjaer, Nolberto Solano, Kieron Dyer, Scott Parker, Sanchez Joaquin?
Cleman

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:30 am

Will Houllier go before May? - based on the "news" of the last couple of days, no. He should go now because top four is simply not good enough and missing it once is bad enough, scraping in the next time isn't much better. We are basically competing for top spot in the 2nd division of the Premiership - is being better than the rest of the mediocrity really that big an achievement? Maybe the FA should stick the top three in a super league and then we'd have a real chance of winning the league ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:58 pm

Houllier will last til May 2005.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:30 pm

I agree that Houllier will be here until the end of the 2004/05 season :(  :(

We will finish 5th this season, but Houllier will be given one last chance by the board given all the injuries we had.

I don't agree with that, but that's how Moores and Parry think.

Houllier will spend big next summer, on Cisse and three or four others, but his team will continue to fail and he will be asked to "move upstairs" after another season of under performance.

I say these things because this is Liverpool FC, the biggest joke of a club in European football. We are the club who came up with the crazy joint managers idea, so anything gay that happens from now on doesn't surprise me.

People are just laughing at us..... :angry:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:22 pm

It's so amateurish that it's becoming funny, even for us. But everyone else is laughing at the club and that's not so funny.

I was lloking at a list of the top 20 clubs in Europe the other day, based on results, financing, attendances etc. We were not on the list. We have fallen a long way under David Moores' stewardship.

Yes, they'll give Houllier another chance. May 2005 sounds about right.

But we are in this mess because David Moores has the brain of a sparrow and is an idiot. He may be wealthy thanks to a marvellous inheritance, but he didn't inherit brains. Houllier is not really the problem. He is certainly useless who should have gone long ago. No, our problem is David Moores. The man who gave us the joint managers, then gave us Houllier. Do you REALLY have any confidence that he will get it right next time?? Er, no.

Our problem is bigger than most folks appreciate.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:41 pm

Im getting depressed now.Houllier must realise his revolution has gone tits up and if he has any love for the club will leave at the end of the season.we need change at the top if we are to stand any chance of winning the league in the forseeable future.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:45 pm

In reply to the comments from 'redandblue' where you say 'people are laughing at us at the moment with the state we're in', I don't think they are. I think what is happening and more worrying is that, people are beginning to forget about us as as formidable force - NOW THAT IS BAD!!!
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:54 pm

Sorry mate, the southern press are having a real laugh at us, week in week out. We are regarded as an old fashioned club, living on past glories, and out of touch with modern day football ie. run by amateurs. They are right.

They don't question whether Owen will stay. They all know that he's on his bike because his club are less ambitious than he is. They find it hilarious that he would even consider staying with a club which is so far off the pace.

I'm afraid Houllier attracts a lot of ridicule.......talking about five year plans, finishing in fourth position, winning the league next year (again). It makes the club look and sound ridiculous.

We have become as laughable as Spurs and that takes some doing.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:12 pm

Maybe so, but I still think that the most alarming factor is the fact that people don't even consider us as a leading, top team anymore. It is as though the board and the manager are content with having a team that finishes there or there abouts everyear, has a nice stadium, nice club shop and so forth. I am not just content with this - I want to see us winning the league again. Not just talking about it, but actually doing it.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion