United fan base

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 62

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 pm

andy_g wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:One word, three letters, two vowels and one consonant...

YES

can't believe you've announced yourself to the forum with a basic grammatical error.

???
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:What's with the ten games stuff ? Seen you mention it a few times now . He is here for rest of season - not ten games .

from what i understand the club is still loking for a full time manager.
if kenny can show that there is no need to look for a new manager in ten games then they should just give him the job full time, it will make the club be more at rest, the players will know who the manager is for next season.
kenny can start to look who to but in the summer wondow.

a big part of me thinks they should just give him the job now. but i understand that he has been out of managing for some time so there is a small risk this might not work.

during the ten games kenny will have taken a few new players to the club and we hoipe the results will be much better that thy have been this year.

as it stands they players are happy, i think that if results are good once he starts to put his own stamp on the team then by giving him the full time job will make the players and fans even more happy.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i have voted yes.....for now, with this team i would like the chance to vote again in ten games time.

i feel i need to make my point again, the team needs a lot of work, new players. if that dont happen i fear there will be calls for kenny to go.

if the results are right then he should be given a two year contract ofther the next ten games.

its just a tinsy winsy bit contradictory your post.
The team needs a lot of work you say, Kenny has been given the rest of the season to do that, but you feel he should be reassessed in 10 games despite how much work is required.

Why ?

no as the results should be better by the end of the ten games.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm

andy_g wrote:
dawson99 wrote:The letter Y can be regarded as both a vowel and a consonant. In terms of sound, a vowel is 'a speech sound which is produced by comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract, with vibration of the vocal cords but without audible friction...', while a consonant is 'a basic speech sound in which the breath is at least partly obstructed'. The letter Y can be used to represent different sounds in different words, and can therefore fit either definition. In myth or hymn it's clearly a vowel, and also in words such as my, where it stands for a diphthong (a combination of two vowel sounds). On the other hand, in a word like beyond there is an obstacle to the breath which can be heard between two vowels, and the same sound begins words like young and yes. (This consonant sound, like that of the letter W, is sometimes called a 'semivowel' because it is made in a similar way to a vowel, but functions in contrast to vowels when used in words.) Whether the letter Y is a vowel or a consonant is therefore rather an arbitrary decision. The letter is probably more often used as a vowel, but in this role it's often interchangeable with the letter I. However, the consonant sound is not consistently represented in English spelling by any other letter, and perhaps for this reason Y tends traditionally to be counted among the consonants.

fukk  :O

Ah  :laugh: I see you didn't know the letter 'y' is actually considered a vowel.

:blush:

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
andy_g wrote:

YES

can't believe you've announced yourself to the forum with a basic grammatical error.

???

some people would count Y as a consonant, not a vowel, taking the rules from Countdown of course
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
andy_g wrote:

YES

???

Well where is vowel number two ?  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
andy_g wrote:

YES

???

The scottish would have said Aye
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i have voted yes.....for now, with this team i would like the chance to vote again in ten games time.

i feel i need to make my point again, the team needs a lot of work, new players. if that dont happen i fear there will be calls for kenny to go.

if the results are right then he should be given a two year contract ofther the next ten games.

its just a tinsy winsy bit contradictory your post.
The team needs a lot of work you say, Kenny has been given the rest of the season to do that, but you feel he should be reassessed in 10 games despite how much work is required.

Why ?

no as the results should be better by the end of the ten games.

Well i would hope they are, but it makes no sense that you are just giving this 10 game target which is a short one considering you said we have big problems.
If the owners have already given him until the end of the season that takes the pressure off slightly compared with a strange 10 game target that you have given for no reason  ???
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
andy_g wrote:

YES

???

Yes, vowel one

yEs, vowel two

:grinning:

Anyway, back to Kenny...
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:48 pm

i'm really not having this Y is a vowel bullshít

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:52 pm

andy_g wrote:i'm really not having this Y is a vowel bullshít

how the feckinell is y a vowel ?  :D
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:55 pm

dawson99 wrote:The letter Y can be regarded as both a vowel and a consonant. In terms of sound, a vowel is 'a speech sound which is produced by comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract, with vibration of the vocal cords but without audible friction...', while a consonant is 'a basic speech sound in which the breath is at least partly obstructed'. The letter Y can be used to represent different sounds in different words, and can therefore fit either definition. In myth or hymn it's clearly a vowel, and also in words such as my, where it stands for a diphthong (a combination of two vowel sounds). On the other hand, in a word like beyond there is an obstacle to the breath which can be heard between two vowels, and the same sound begins words like young and yes. (This consonant sound, like that of the letter W, is sometimes called a 'semivowel' because it is made in a similar way to a vowel, but functions in contrast to vowels when used in words.) Whether the letter Y is a vowel or a consonant is therefore rather an arbitrary decision. The letter is probably more often used as a vowel, but in this role it's often interchangeable with the letter I. However, the consonant sound is not consistently represented in English spelling by any other letter, and perhaps for this reason Y tends traditionally to be counted among the consonants.

Ben, read and weep, Whitely was my b!tch
Last edited by dawson99 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:13 pm

dawson99 wrote:

i am not reading that, this is the afternoon and in the afternoons i listen to the spice girls to chillax me.
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

i am not reading that, this is the afternoon and in the afternoons i listen to the spice girls to chillax me.

you need to find other ways to spice up your life
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:38 pm

andy_g wrote:

YES

Epic fail  :D  :D  :p
worcester_red

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion