Instant solution to all our problems - Sports tycoon touches base with anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simic_ie » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:00 pm

He is?? ???

Was just gonna say I thought L4 pulled out. I don't know how reliable Koptalk is but it is a direct quote so it could be right. Personally I like the L4 proposition, especially if Kraft is on board. For anyone who know's he turned the Patriots from NFL laughing stock to winning 2 of the last 3 Superbowls ( and possibly a third if what I read is true I don't know that much about the sport :p ) so he seems a worthwhile inestor into the club. But any investor has to take a background seat and let the Manager choose who to bring in. They are the financial professionals, he is the footballing pro.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:54 pm

Yes, the Patriots are favorites to win the Superbowl, and become only the 2nd team in nfl history to win 3 superbowls in 4 years.  I really hope Moores will just concede defeat, because the way i see it is that the less he spends on the shares the more he'll have to give to benitez.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:03 am

L-type wrote:Yes, the Patriots are favorites to win the Superbowl, and become only the 2nd team in nfl history to win 3 superbowls in 4 years.  I really hope Moores will just concede defeat, because the way i see it is that the less he spends on the shares the more he'll have to give to benitez.

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all the way
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:05 am

why on earht are we talking bout superbowl, this board has went to pieces, you'll be saying words like awesome and giving your mates blowjobs you big gang of quegs
109-1105722616

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:21 am

Shut the f*ck up, I referenced the Superbowl in a point I was making and the other two, one american and one canadian, picked up on the point. That's 3 posts on the Superbowl and you consider the whole board going off.... you only joined this month!!  I don't recall ever having a rant at a member of these boards but you have just posted such a mammoth amount of sh*t today that I just can't stand it. Ut's people like your good self that are lowering the level of this board so if you have nothing constructive to say on the topic pi$$ off and don't tell us your opinion, I don't want to hear it
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:29 am

simic_ie wrote:Shut the f*ck up, I referenced the Superbowl in a point I was making and the other two, one american and one canadian, picked up on the point. That's 3 posts on the Superbowl and you consider the whole board going off.... you only joined this month!!  I don't recall ever having a rant at a member of these boards but you have just posted such a mammoth amount of sh*t today that I just can't stand it. Ut's people like your good self that are lowering the level of this board so if you have nothing constructive to say on the topic pi$$ off and don't tell us your opinion, I don't want to hear it

hey i was actually joking cause my friend wants the pats to win

but i read what you said and yes a sucessful NFL team, but i still think morgan is better for the job.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:30 am

I wasn't saying anything to you CRA I didn't mind the Superbowl stuff, I was just ranting at that mark dude, he got right up my nose :angry: :p

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:44 am

simic_ie wrote:Shut the f*ck up, I referenced the Superbowl in a point I was making and the other two, one american and one canadian, picked up on the point. That's 3 posts on the Superbowl and you consider the whole board going off.... you only joined this month!!  I don't recall ever having a rant at a member of these boards but you have just posted such a mammoth amount of sh*t today that I just can't stand it. Ut's people like your good self that are lowering the level of this board so if you have nothing constructive to say on the topic pi$$ off and don't tell us your opinion, I don't want to hear it

Brilliant.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:02 am

simic_ie wrote:I wasn't saying anything to you CRA I didn't mind the Superbowl stuff, I was just ranting at that mark dude, he got right up my nose :angry: :p

lol like a pussy willow
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:18 pm

turdinator2 wrote:hey Rock

How come you aint an Advanced Member?

Your posts are better than most!

Seems strange to me.

always good to have fans  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:21 pm

I will get started on The Rock fan club. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
SALTROCK67

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:13 am

http://www.koptalk.org/archive/editor/290105.shtml

Reds could have new owners in just 4 weeks

New owners could be in place at Anfield within the next four weeks, if chief executive Rick Parry and chairman David Moores finally agree that it's time to relinquish control of the club.

The whole investment saga could be drawn to a conclusion that quickly after dragging on for what seems to be an eternity. But the ultimate decision will obviously be down to David Moores as to whether to hand over they keys or not. If not, for example if the club choose to hold out for a potential sub 30% investment (minor), the whole thing could drag on well into the summer and into the start of next season.

David Moores has threatened to stand down at the last two AGM's and admitted at the most recent one that he didn't have the money to compete with potential investor Steve Morgan. Such actions and words do not fill me with much confidence and whether you accept it or not, the vibe at the top filters right down to the bottom. He's not prepared to bankroll the club any more so we need to find someone who is or someone who has real marketing and business nous. A combination of both would be ideal.

It's now 15-years since the club last won the league, you don't need reminding that we've never won the Premiership. We used to laugh at Manchester United because of our record 18 league titles but that record is under threat as United are now on 15. They've won the Premier League 8 times since 1992 while Arsenal have won it 3 times and have 13 league titles in total. Silverware is all I'm bothered about, the books are for the suits and I'm fed up that we're still no nearer that elusive 19th title.

I've made my views known in that I support a take-over rather than a minor investment. When Granada invested into Liverpool Football Club I was dead excited at the time. But while that money will have helped, was it a wise move? To me it wasn't. That's why the idea of a bit part investment does nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, I'd love some mug to turn up and throw millions at the club without having to witness a take-over but that's just not going to happen.

If the club did strike a deal within 4 weeks, maybe, just maybe, Steven Gerrard could be persuaded to give us just one more year. He's heard it all before though hasn't he so I wouldn't blame him if he opted to leave for a new challenge. After all he has his own career to think about. The very fact though that we as Liverpool fans, are having to consider life without the skipper shows that things are not right at Anfield. It's not all doom and gloom though because things are rosey at Anfield if challenging for 4th is acceptable. Things are rosey at Anfield if you believe we'll win the Champions League (Let's hope we do!). Things are rosey at Anfield if you take great pride in reaching the final of the Carling Cup. Things are not rosey when the club's best players start jumping ship because they feel the club is going nowhere. Some fans will argue that the board have supported every manager they've ever employed. That is true but Peter Ridsdale also supported David O'Leary. It's no good borrowing or mortgaging for transfers, you need to be raking it in to spend big and to pay off debts. The books have to be balanced and a club of our size should be capable of spending each year without having to make a big deal out of it.

Clubs are now looking at who's going to be available in the summer but how does Rafa plan for that when the club itself has no idea what will be in the kitty? A part of me believes that the club are holding out in the hope that we actually win the Champions League. Maybe, just maybe, they're holding out to rake in £50million in the summer from the sale of Steven Gerrard? It has to be on their mind. Personally I'd take it because that's a huge amount of money and it would certainly sort the books out but then what....... worrying thought isn't it?

For me, Moores sells up a.s.a.p. New owners are brought in and Steven Gerrard is made clear of how important he is to the club, this is repeated again and again and again. We resist the temptation of Chelsea's millions and hope he stays. Losing him will be a blow but we've lost better players over the years. It's just something the club would have to accept.

I really believe that if the club doesn't strike a deal in the immediate future that Rafa's summer signings will be lukewarm rather than red hot. If Moores plans to step down, which I believe he does, he should do so now to enable us to rebuild and strengthen in the summer because if he faffs about, our rivals will beat us to potential targets and our new owners may have to delay their war plans until the following season (2006-07). I'm purely speculating but that's how I see it. I can't see how new owners could come in at the last minute during the summer with their own team(s) of people and then us lot expect them to wave a magic wand in a few weeks.

All I want is someone, be it L4, Steve Morgan or someone else who really gives a ****** about our club, to get their foot in the door. I don't support a Thai investment of any kind because I want to see the club retain its roots as best as it can. Having listened to L4 and Steve Morgan, it's clear that we have genuine Liverpool fans who want to put this club back on the map again. Some fans oppose them just because they might not the look the part or because they're successful in more than one country, that's how small minded some of our lot are. "That Steve Morgan, what a clown. Would his Mrs be running the show? Forget him coming in!" or "Bloody movie makers. What would they know about running a football club? Shove your money!" Fortunately for me, these morons don't frequent KopTalk. At one time they may have done but thankfully right now they don't. That's why the people who count in life talk to me in confidence, because they know our faithful readers are more well balanced and are generally quite stable in the head. We do have a few numpties but the difference with me is that I weed them out as quickly as I can. Of course I think it's right to question everyone's motives and to want to know the fuller picture of what anyone could be offering. I'm not having a dig at the sensible fans out there of which there are many, I'm referring to the retards who would choose hot if I chose cold and who would choose white if I chose black. Just get over it, Dunk knows best and don't you forget it!

So January is coming to an end. We're already approaching the second month of the year. Last week was an important week for the club because of developments behind the scenes and next week will be equally as important. I'm hoping that by the end of February I have something exciting to share with you, if not, we'll just have to review the situation and try to work out exactly what Parry and Moores have done or are planning to do.

If the club want a take-over, we could walk out in Cardiff with everything done and dusted. Knowing our lot though it won't happen because we dilly-dally around and nothing is ever that simple. Just ask Robert Kraft.... oh God don't even set me off down that route.

I have the utmost respect for David Moores but I can't ignore the fact that it is under his watch that we have fallen from the top. We can make excuses for him and argue why it's happened over and over again but the statement will remain a factual one.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:38 am

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:39 am

KopTalk is sh1t.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:48 am

yeah they are.....but i want L4 to take over ASAP..... (not morgan or thaksin).
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion