Fan base dubled since cl win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:16 pm

Red wrote:i for one am no glory hunter, let me tell you how i got supporting the best team around,

when i was in school about nine or ten years old i remember a group of manure fans going around the playground bullying kids into supporting the mancs anyway this went on for a few days, and in between i remember watching a match liverpool and everton i cant recall whether it was a cup or league match and tell you the truth i cant remember who won although im sure ian rush broke the defence and scored, any back in school and the kids were still bullying the other kids into supporting manure and then they came to me they said which team do you support and i said no one then they said to support manchester united, i said no then they bagan to repeat this on many occasions then i decided to say no i support liverpool, i got some stick over it,

but from that day onwards i have supported liverpool and that was in 1986/87.

my story is similar,around 1985/1986 when i was nine years old,everyone around the school yard was either wearing liverpool ,bitter or manure shirts.i remember watching the fa cup semi final between liverpool and southamton,liverpool won i think 2-0 or 2-1 i can,t remember and from that day i started supporting liverpool.and as every liverpool fan remembers that fa cup final  that year we beat the bitters 3-1
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:36 pm

stmichael wrote:actually, thinking about it logically, everton must be the best supported club in the world.

every sports shop i go to, no matter where it is in the world, the everton shirts are always sold out.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

even in Ontario, that seems to happen. Who knew their were so many loyal everton suppoters  :D  :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:42 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:
stmichael wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:the best team on merseyside are currently trailing behind those  international giants Thailand by  1-0   :D

and that's only the ladyboys XI.  :D

lmfao  :D

you would laugh at that Judge wouldnt you FFS!!!   :no
76-1115222408

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:44 pm

Even people who don't like football like Everton. After all, everyone can appreciate a good joke! :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:43 am

You a hongkie?

No, peewee, I am not a hongkie. I donno how many hongkies there are in KL but I think not many.

I think you know that gwai loh is a Cantonese dialect for foreigners, there is another one "ang moh", just saying that to take the mickey of you, since you're such a sport.

I'm from a faction who use the term "mat salleh", so you should know my ethnicity.

On to the topic at hand, I have come across an article that says that manure has some 40 million fans in Asia alone, so where the figure saying Real Madrid having some 32 million fans world wide is rather questionable in its validity. I think the EPL teams, especially ones who feature in the CL every year easily have the largest number of following in the world.

The only thing is how effective it is for the clubs concerned in making economic inroads towards merchandising. Official jerseys are very expensive when you convert into the respective local currencies and so to simply push the official jersey would not be a big success. On the other hand, pepole from these parts of the world would pay to see the exhibition matches and from this prespective, the leading clubs who have successfully tapped the merchandising potential are Manure and Real Madrid.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:51 am

azriahmad wrote:
You a hongkie?

No, peewee, I am not a hongkie. I donno how many hongkies there are in KL but I think not many.

I think you know that gwai loh is a Cantonese dialect for foreigners, there is another one "ang moh", just saying that to take the mickey of you, since you're such a sport.

I'm from a faction who use the term "mat salleh", so you should know my ethnicity.

On to the topic at hand, I have come across an article that says that manure has some 40 million fans in Asia alone, so where the figure saying Real Madrid having some 32 million fans world wide is rather questionable in its validity. I think the EPL teams, especially ones who feature in the CL every year easily have the largest number of following in the world.

The only thing is how effective it is for the clubs concerned in making economic inroads towards merchandising. Official jerseys are very expensive when you convert into the respective local currencies and so to simply push the official jersey would not be a big success. On the other hand, pepole from these parts of the world would pay to see the exhibition matches and from this prespective, the leading clubs who have successfully tapped the merchandising potential are Manure and Real Madrid.

why are you mentioning me in that post, i didnt ask if you were a hongky    :angry:  :D

i have always assumed you are malay, i know your not from hong kong.

better explain, honky is a term for white men that blacks are alleged to use, hongki or hongky in asia is a term for someone from honk kong

it was actually militirusher that asked the question bodoh     :D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:40 am

azriahmad wrote:
You a hongkie?

"gwai lo" is the Cantonese dialect for foreigners while "ang moh" is the Hokkien dialect for foreigners, i think. Not familiar with the origins of the term "mat salleh" though.

By the way, Manure would be stopping by Hong Kong for their Asian  Tour and my Dad has forced me to watch the exhibition match with him, as he is a "lifelong" manure fan, in other words a glory supporter  :angry: Simply a complete waste of 450HKD which is around 32 british pounds. I guess for tomorrow's match I would have to put on my Liverpool top and to frequently chant insults during the match. This would include Malcolm Glazer's takeover and perhaps Ruud the Horse whenever the horse comes close and maybe even Once a Blue, Always a Blue whenever Shrek comes close.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:44 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:
azriahmad wrote:
You a hongkie?

"gwai lo" is the Cantonese dialect for foreigners while "ang moh" is the Hokkien dialect for foreigners, i think. Not familiar with the origins of the term "mat salleh" though.

By the way, Manure would be stopping by Hong Kong for their Asian  Tour and my Dad has forced me to watch the exhibition match with him, as he is a "lifelong" manure fan, in other words a glory supporter  :angry: Simply a complete waste of 450HKD which is around 32 british pounds. I guess for tomorrow's match I would have to put on my Liverpool top and to frequently chant insults during the match. This would include Malcolm Glazer's takeover and perhaps Ruud the Horse whenever the horse comes close and maybe even Once a Blue, Always a Blue whenever Shrek comes close.

mat salleh is the malay term for white men (not all foriegners, just white men), the thai term for foreigners is farangs
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:58 am

Sorry...wrong guy I was addressing to. :D

Peewee has been in my country long enough to have been vell versed in some of the local dialects and he has 2 tattoos at the top of his arms which can either be interpred as a personal deco or to ward off evil spirits (this was peewee's words, told to him by Iban headhunters, not me)and frighten Mourinho prior to Liverpool's game. :D

MiltitiaRusher, pity you'd have to watch Manure's Asian "fans'" milking round exhibition match...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am

azriahmad wrote:Sorry...wrong guy I was addressing to. :D

Peewee has been in my country long enough to have been vell versed in some of the local dialects and he has 2 tattoos at the top of his arms which can either be interpred as a personal deco or to ward off evil spirits (this was peewee's words, told to him by Iban headhunters, not me)and frighten Mourinho prior to Liverpool's game. :D

MiltitiaRusher, pity you'd have to watch Manure's Asian "fans'" milking round exhibition match...

they are in a different palce to the headhunters tattoos, and also a different design. i have a dragon and a black sun. i will soon get a liverbird and some reference to the 5 champions league wins, maybe 5 stars with the years underneath each star
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:15 am

peewee, perhaps you should make space for additional stars for future CL wins.

As a diehard Reds fan, one should be optimistic about future successes. :)
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:40 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Even people who don't like football like Everton. After all, everyone can appreciate a good joke! :D

can i just say that i believe that everton will finish 4th this season in the premier league

the premier league asia cup that is  :rasp  :p  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby desperado0831 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:17 pm

If we won nothing last season, this thread will never exist.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion