Instant solution to all our problems - Sports tycoon touches base with anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:54 pm

http://www.koptalk.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/401114/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

L4 confirm Liverpool talks ongoing

The L4 consortium have confirmed that they are still in talks with the club regarding a possible take-over but won't comment further as to the current state of play.

L4's Mike Jefferies was cornered by a journalist from the Sunday Mirror but he would only say: "Yes, I am still in the running to do business with Liverpool, but that's all I can say."

The L4 consortium consists of Jefferies, fellow Red Stuart Ford and Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish plus other inspirational figures and organisations.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm

I love the tenseness of the whole thing i would love somebody to take over
but it's driving me mad  :upside:  :Oo: i'm gona go and watch Rawhide :cool: .
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:02 am

Bring on L4. If they did get in, we would not only have Spanish market in our pocket, but if a good american turns up, we could nab them too. Plus, we are now into the stage where players who supported the Great Liverpool of 15-20 yrs ago are coming to age, i.e. Kewell and Cisse, so with L4s cash, we could also afford to buy them. Could it really be a case of Olla L4, Howdy Benitez. I've had dreams like this and I can feel the sheets getting sticky right now. (Sorry about that)...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:07 am

morgan
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:10 am

Morgan gave up
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:15 am

A.B. wrote:Morgan gave up

i wounder why
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:17 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:morgan

Why? I know he's a fan, but unfortunatley, what football comes down to these days is money, and he can't be compared to L4. The ninety minutes a week on the pitch are overshadowed by the activities of the rest of the week. I would love it so much if the members of L4 turned round and said with all honesty that they were Reds suporters since they were kiddies, but I'll love them for their money just as much. They can turn Liverpool into a global brand like Real, Man Ure or Chelski, and although we sit here and talk about this sort of activity destroying the game, we all deep down wish that we had the funds to bring in the world's best players, and never worry about the finances of the club.

If we got Morgan we'd have the same thing that we've had for the last fifteen years, a sense that we're better than everyone else because of our tradition. But we'd still be a near spent force fighting for forth. With L4, we could bring in all the players that we have been rumoured to be connected with, and push for the title. Morgan is no longer the answer. Would you pick bronze over platinum? I wouldn't...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:23 am

so we wave our hands let L4 in and all our problems are over
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:29 am

As hard as it is for me to admit it, we are a long way from becoming a global brand. I hate the Mancs with a passion but  and if you were to ask them if somebody who has never seen footie in their lives if they've heard of Man Utd they would probably say yes.

Man Utd has been mentioned in movies like Euro Trip,The Day After Tomorrow,etc.. all big movies and which helps them spread their fan base etc... Same thing with Real Madrid.

Considering our great history we should be a global brand but we're not and the only way to become one is to get funds. L4 could be the answer to that problem.

Chelsea now can buy any player they want in the world. They've become the English Real Madrid. Mourinho today admited that he was in Milan talking with Adriano, a player who will cost over 25 million imo.

For us to compete with Chelsea in the market we will need funds.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:31 am

No. But they have the ability to help solve them. It's all money, money, money these days. And if L4 have anything it's cash, moola, chedder, green, dough, dosh and big hairy bucks. Morgan doesn't. So couple, this spending power, with the tactics and eye of Mr Benitez, our better players and the worldwide appeal of LFC and you have the foundation blocks of something very special. I hate the fact that money rules, but if you can't beat it, get in on it.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:33 am

I agree, its a business world and times have changed. Sports has become the ultimate business, tradition for the most part has been forgotten.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:37 am

I think though, that you can couple tradition with business. If we do build a new stadium in Stanley park, I want the gates, the statues and even the seats to come with us. L4 wouldn't trample our traditions, they'd just give the team of today, the ability to match the success of yesterday.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:53 am

A.B. wrote:As hard as it is for me to admit it, we are a long way from becoming a global brand. I hate the Mancs with a passion but  and if you were to ask them if somebody who has never seen footie in their lives if they've heard of Man Utd they would probably say yes.

Man Utd has been mentioned in movies like Euro Trip,The Day After Tomorrow,etc.. all big movies and which helps them spread their fan base etc... Same thing with Real Madrid.

Considering our great history we should be a global brand but we're not and the only way to become one is to get funds. L4 could be the answer to that problem.

Chelsea now can buy any player they want in the world. They've become the English Real Madrid. Mourinho today admited that he was in Milan talking with Adriano, a player who will cost over 25 million imo.

For us to compete with Chelsea in the market we will need funds.

ah so two crappy movies and we have the world, and so greed is what we should do to follow chelsea down the road to supposed glory.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:22 am

Greed has nothing to do with it. It is a fact: money is what rules in football. It's all very well being pious and saying "we've got the greatest history, Liverpool statistically are the greatest club of all time, we don't need money to win because wehave a tradition, blah, blah, blah..." but if that's the attitude that this club takes, we won't see the title again for a very, very long time. Unless fifa puts a limit on the amount of transfer fees a club is allowed to spend, which it won't, the situation will not change. I wish that reputation and grandure was worth more than money in todays football world, but it isn't. We either get with the program or we get left behind to antiquity and legend and we end up in a few years fighting for survival, rather than the CL.
Chelsea will be champions this season and it sickens me, but if this is the way that football is going, i'd rather be on the same budget as the KGB, rather than hoping to pick up bargain basement deals which will serve us no better than a trampolene serves a seamonkey. If L4 come to town, i'll pucker up and kiss their boots, because it means that we will soon be winners again. The times they are a-changing, and i'll welcome anything that will help LFC to top the table again. Why won't you?
???
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:35 am

so you wanna go out and grab 20 million a player to statisfy yourself, and the changing times?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion