Instant solution to all our problems - Sports tycoon touches base with anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:46 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
A.B. wrote:As hard as it is for me to admit it, we are a long way from becoming a global brand. I hate the Mancs with a passion but  and if you were to ask them if somebody who has never seen footie in their lives if they've heard of Man Utd they would probably say yes.

Man Utd has been mentioned in movies like Euro Trip,The Day After Tomorrow,etc.. all big movies and which helps them spread their fan base etc... Same thing with Real Madrid.

Considering our great history we should be a global brand but we're not and the only way to become one is to get funds. L4 could be the answer to that problem.

Chelsea now can buy any player they want in the world. They've become the English Real Madrid. Mourinho today admited that he was in Milan talking with Adriano, a player who will cost over 25 million imo.

For us to compete with Chelsea in the market we will need funds.

ah so two crappy movies and we have the world, and so greed is what we should do to follow chelsea down the road to supposed glory.

Day after tomoorow is a good movie mate.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:49 am

No. I want to be able to pay a price that will bring in high quality, world class players that will elivate us in the league and not be out bidded by the likes of Real and Chelski. What's your solution? If you can find a way to become a brilliant team again, i'd love to hear it. But money talks. It always will and with L4 we won't have to wallow in the greatness of the past as the present slips away from us, and the future falls down the pan.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:03 am

Damn Right Ace!

TCRA, I would love to be able to stay the biggest club in the world purely thanks to our history but I dont think thats going to happen.  L4 have got the cash, is it just a coincedince that on the keyboard L4 is the same as L$ (ie. lots of $$$$)???  :D

We need some serious funds to compete with the very best on all fronts again and L4 definately look the goods.  Plus the have King Kenny on board so thats good enough for me.  Maybe Morgan should join with them to pump even more cash in  ???

Man that sounds good to me - it may not be Abromovich but damn it its enough!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:12 am

There are only a handfull of people in the world who have abramovich's money, but if I can find one who wants to splash out on this noble cause, i'll be sure to send them to Anfield. Money talks, or players walk. Simple.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:17 am

but your saying to attract players you just want to flash money in their faces, why does turning this into a real madrid or chelsea seem appealing to you.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:26 am

Ne1 here a personal friend of Bill Gates? :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:17 pm

morgan would be the guy to have, having L4 would turn us something that we are not. L4 would turn us into greedy, money flaunting idiots. Using money to attract players is not the way i want the club to go, but having L4 coming here would turn us into happy people right. Using the qoute "money cant buy you love" sounds about right in our case. This year can be summed up in a few words, but can also said in BullSh!T. The micheal owen saga and how much our club got drawn in by that. Stevie G last summer, Stevie G this summer. Our injures that we have had, Our board problems, our money problems, and the list goes on.

I dunno, but I think we are just looking for a quick fix and running, we are trying to solve our problem with money. If we solve this by money how are we going to show the young lads who they are playing for, to become another carra. The man is pure red and throwing money does not show the character and the quality of this team. Pongolle is going to be a great player some day, and so will whitbread, and warnock. Money creates greed and Lack of ambition. People cry about not having enough of the St. Judes Cross in our team, but we have reserves ready to become stars over time.

How will cash settle our problems in the boardroom, and our "company structure". I think someone with the business sense and enough money to sustain us is very adequate, we need cash yes, but we dont need to turn into chelsea. 88 million pound loss is not smart business. We need someone who is shrewed, a real businessman, that looks to help us and gives us money, but to see how that can effect our 
"company" which will make it run smoother.

We are all fraustrated that our team is not up to the big3, but i dont think throwing briefcases of money around is going to solve our problems!.
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:35 pm

From what I've heard Morgan would have us groundsharing with Everton just to save money.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:37 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:morgan would be the guy to have, having L4 would turn us something that we are not. L4 would turn us into greedy, money flaunting idiots. Using money to attract players is not the way i want the club to go, but having L4 coming here would turn us into happy people right. Using the qoute "money cant buy you love" sounds about right in our case. This year can be summed up in a few words, but can also said in BullSh!T. The micheal owen saga and how much our club got drawn in by that. Stevie G last summer, Stevie G this summer. Our injures that we have had, Our board problems, our money problems, and the list goes on.

I dunno, but I think we are just looking for a quick fix and running, we are trying to solve our problem with money. If we solve this by money how are we going to show the young lads who they are playing for, to become another carra. The man is pure red and throwing money does not show the character and the quality of this team. Pongolle is going to be a great player some day, and so will whitbread, and warnock. Money creates greed and Lack of ambition. People cry about not having enough of the St. Judes Cross in our team, but we have reserves ready to become stars over time.

How will cash settle our problems in the boardroom, and our "company structure". I think someone with the business sense and enough money to sustain us is very adequate, we need cash yes, but we dont need to turn into chelsea. 88 million pound loss is not smart business. We need someone who is shrewed, a real businessman, that looks to help us and gives us money, but to see how that can effect our 
"company" which will make it run smoother.

We are all fraustrated that our team is not up to the big3, but i dont think throwing briefcases of money around is going to solve our problems!.

Briefcases of money would solve our problems but that money has to be legit if you know what I mean. Abramovich got his money over night.

Mourinho was in Milan talking to Adriano a player that is valued over 40 million. We have to settle for players under 15 million.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:38 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
A.B. wrote:As hard as it is for me to admit it, we are a long way from becoming a global brand. I hate the Mancs with a passion but  and if you were to ask them if somebody who has never seen footie in their lives if they've heard of Man Utd they would probably say yes.

Man Utd has been mentioned in movies like Euro Trip,The Day After Tomorrow,etc.. all big movies and which helps them spread their fan base etc... Same thing with Real Madrid.

Considering our great history we should be a global brand but we're not and the only way to become one is to get funds. L4 could be the answer to that problem.

Chelsea now can buy any player they want in the world. They've become the English Real Madrid. Mourinho today admited that he was in Milan talking with Adriano, a player who will cost over 25 million imo.

For us to compete with Chelsea in the market we will need funds.

ah so two crappy movies and we have the world, and so greed is what we should do to follow chelsea down the road to supposed glory.

Euro Trip and The Day After Tomorrow were both number one when they came out, earned tons of money. They may be crappy movies to you but tell that to millions of people who watched the damn movies.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:11 am

L4 gives us options and we won't be forced to settle for bargains and instead, we could go for top quality, world class, kick ******, players who would send the club into the future with hope, ability and strength. I don't understand why you don't want to see us competeing with the best? Sitting there saying "we don't need money, I don't want us to be able to buy the best, I want morgan even though he sounds like a potential tyrant and has a fraction of the funds that L4 possess, but that's ok because he supports Liverpool" doesn't make any sense to me? What is your solution? Grow a money tree and employ a wizard? Money is the answer, I don't like it, but it's a fact. Unless every other club changes it's ways, we need money that can compete. Our tradition does count and will help to bring in top quality players, but these days you need the money to back it up.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:30 am

Simple, we need money and fast. Its a business and without money you can't survive for long.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:48 pm

We may physically survive, but we'd end up permanently mid-table, with Man City, Villa, Fulham, etc.  Hardly what fans would call surviving!

Chelski have raised the stakes, like it or not, it's fact.  We can either find massive investment to keep up, or fall behind.

Moores/Parry need to make up their minds.  But we know Parry will dither, since in all likelihood, he would be shown the door, if someone bought out Moores.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion