Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

United fan base

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 62

Postby laza » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:23 am

andy_g wrote:can't believe you've announced yourself to the forum with a basic grammatical error.

The King may have rid us of pro/antis but not even he can stop the Grammar Nazis  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am

laza wrote:
andy_g wrote:can't believe you've announced yourself to the forum with a basic grammatical error.

The King may have rid us of pro/antis but not even he can stop the Grammar Nazis  :D

Its not rid its rode
Thommo's perm

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 am

Poor guy.. its his first post and everyone is on his back

:no

but what do you expect from this place anyways

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:51 am

lakes10 wrote:i have voted yes.....for now, with this team i would like the chance to vote again in ten games time.

i feel i need to make my point again, the team needs a lot of work, new players. if that dont happen i fear there will be calls for kenny to go.

if the results are right then he should be given a two year contract ofther the next ten games.

its just a tinsy winsy bit contradictory your post.
The team needs a lot of work you say, Kenny has been given the rest of the season to do that, but you feel he should be reassessed in 10 games despite how much work is required.

Why ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 pm

He read it on a media forum :p
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 pm

The letter Y can be regarded as both a vowel and a consonant. In terms of sound, a vowel is 'a speech sound which is produced by comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract, with vibration of the vocal cords but without audible friction...', while a consonant is 'a basic speech sound in which the breath is at least partly obstructed'. The letter Y can be used to represent different sounds in different words, and can therefore fit either definition. In myth or hymn it's clearly a vowel, and also in words such as my, where it stands for a diphthong (a combination of two vowel sounds). On the other hand, in a word like beyond there is an obstacle to the breath which can be heard between two vowels, and the same sound begins words like young and yes. (This consonant sound, like that of the letter W, is sometimes called a 'semivowel' because it is made in a similar way to a vowel, but functions in contrast to vowels when used in words.) Whether the letter Y is a vowel or a consonant is therefore rather an arbitrary decision. The letter is probably more often used as a vowel, but in this role it's often interchangeable with the letter I. However, the consonant sound is not consistently represented in English spelling by any other letter, and perhaps for this reason Y tends traditionally to be counted among the consonants.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Pedantic twa.t :D
Benny The Noon

Postby laza » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm

lakes10 wrote:i have voted yes.....for now, with this team i would like the chance to vote again in ten games time.

i feel i need to make my point again, the team needs a lot of work, new players. if that dont happen i fear there will be calls for kenny to go.

if the results are right then he should be given a two year contract ofther the next ten games.

Cmon Lakes I know its a big forum and you need a niche angle to get noticed on it, but lets just put the Chicken Little suit away for a while and enjoying bathing in Kenny Light
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Pedantic twa.t :D

actually it's erudite
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Will just normal standard twa.t do the job instead :p
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Will just normal standard twa.t do the job instead :p

thats better  :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:The letter Y can be regarded as both a vowel and a consonant. In terms of sound, a vowel is 'a speech sound which is produced by comparatively open configuration of the vocal tract, with vibration of the vocal cords but without audible friction...', while a consonant is 'a basic speech sound in which the breath is at least partly obstructed'. The letter Y can be used to represent different sounds in different words, and can therefore fit either definition. In myth or hymn it's clearly a vowel, and also in words such as my, where it stands for a diphthong (a combination of two vowel sounds). On the other hand, in a word like beyond there is an obstacle to the breath which can be heard between two vowels, and the same sound begins words like young and yes. (This consonant sound, like that of the letter W, is sometimes called a 'semivowel' because it is made in a similar way to a vowel, but functions in contrast to vowels when used in words.) Whether the letter Y is a vowel or a consonant is therefore rather an arbitrary decision. The letter is probably more often used as a vowel, but in this role it's often interchangeable with the letter I. However, the consonant sound is not consistently represented in English spelling by any other letter, and perhaps for this reason Y tends traditionally to be counted among the consonants.

fukk  :O

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:56 pm

laza wrote:

Cmon Lakes I know its a big forum and you need a niche angle to get noticed on it, but lets just put the Chicken Little suit away for a while and enjoying bathing in Kenny Light

:laugh:

but why kenny 'light'?  ???

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Because Kenny Lite isnt strong enough Andy
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:16 pm

It's emphatic yes from me! It didn't expect it to look and seem so right seeing Kenny in the dugout and in the press conferences. You can see Liverpool Football Club coming out of his pores! It's a massive rallying call for the fans and our football team is capable of great things when the fans are in full voice behind the team and the manager. It's definately united the fan base and got us all excited about football again but I would be careful in assuming that ALL of the players are as instantly motivated and excited as us fans. Like any great player, Kenny will command instant respect from the players but unlike us, they haven't grown up with his legend so I doubt (the Scouse boys aside) that they are quite as emphatic about his appointment as we are. At the moment, we're not particularly concerned with formations, tactics, set-up, patterns of play and all that stuff but that is what the players will be focussing on and they will be judging Kenny on how well he communicates himself on matchdays and on the training ground.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion