Fan base dubled since cl win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:33 am

stmichael wrote:actually, thinking about it logically, everton must be the best supported club in the world.

every sports shop i go to, no matter where it is in the world, the everton shirts are always sold out.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:
And yesterday when they arrived in there far east tour, a whole hundred red faced fans turned out to greet them  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby silv » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:26 am

In response to this post... ive only just found this forum and its the only one the works firewall will let me post on, oh and i'm stuck up in scotland now so cant really get down to see the mighty reds play that often. but they always get my money for shirts/dvds/etc..  no other club will get this as i dont really beleive in a 'second club'  LFC will always be my No1.  :)
silv

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:32 am

Peewee...I think my countrymen and women have some of the worst driving habits in the world but I have been to Pakistan and they're worse.

Sure, I'd like to meet you. I'm just going through a busy period this time. The company I am restructuring will be calling an extraordinary general meeting of both creditors and shareholders and the public notice should be out by next week. By then I should be free.

I'd like to watch a live game with a real "gwai loh" from the mother land (that's you) some time. Say when.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:49 am

azriahmad wrote:Peewee...I think my countrymen and women have some of the worst driving habits in the world but I have been to Pakistan and they're worse.

Sure, I'd like to meet you. I'm just going through a busy period this time. The company I am restructuring will be calling an extraordinary general meeting of both creditors and shareholders and the public notice should be out by next week. By then I should be free.

I'd like to watch a live game with a real "gwai loh" from the mother land (that's you) some time. Say when.

You a hongkie?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:01 pm

stmichael wrote:actually, thinking about it logically, everton must be the best supported club in the world.

every sports shop i go to, no matter where it is in the world, the everton shirts are always sold out.

I laughed when on saw on sky news that Bitters were in Thailand, when i was there last month on holiday the only shirt the locals seems to respond to was the Liverpool one.
  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:19 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

:laugh:
And yesterday when they arrived in there far east tour, a whole hundred red faced fans turned out to greet them  :D

And so ran the headline in last night's Echo (p42 & 43).

Wow, I thought to myself, Everton must be really big in Thailand. I read on....

Scorching Sun And Shirt Clad Eastern Army Embrace Team ran the sub-headline. An army of fans - my god, they must be huge.

"After a gruelling 11-hour flight the Blues were greeted by scores of Thai fans...."

"Upto 100 local supporters, almost all dressed in the club's famous royal blue shirts...."

Wow, there must have been...er, hang on...Upto 100...er, that's a bit disingenuous isn't it? What does Upto 100 actually mean? It could mean anything between 1 and an actual 100? And erm, can you really describe 100 people as an army?

Obviously, in the blue world of the Liverpool Echo sports department, yes you can! Helpfully, the blue taint that runs throughout the Echo ensures that most of their sports journalists are Blue. And, like 99% of Blues, they are thick. So they helpfully provided some photographic evidence of the army. You can count them. I did. There are a grand total of 26. Yes, in Echospeak 26 supporters can be described as upto 100.

I have to say, it's always nice to see the patients from the local psychiatric ward get a day out, and if they get to see some of their favourite people it couldn't be nicer.

But come on - 26! Army!! Scores!!!

Later we have a quote from The Best Manager In Britain ™ - "We had several hundred watching training."

Now, having learnt not to take this at face value, I can only assume that if 26 = Upto 100, then several hundred = 50 or so. And assuming 26 of them are the local mentlers, then the rest could be accounted for by their carers and the groundstaff - most of whom were probably thinking hang on, that's not the team from Liverpool who are European Champions. Who the hell did we invite?

You just can't legislate for the complete self-delusion of the Blues, and their local media supporters. Big club my ar$e. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:26 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: that brought a smile to my dial St Mick ,and just to make it even better for me, the best team on merseyside are currently trailing behind those  international giants Thailand by  1-0   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:29 pm

:laugh:  Check out the game on sky 401 , the thais have got a band playing throughout the game ,it's that traditional oriental stylie music ,totally bizarre . :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:the best team on merseyside are currently trailing behind those  international giants Thailand by  1-0   :D

and that's only the ladyboys XI.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:43 pm

:D   just realised ,it's only the Thai Under 23 team .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:55 pm

stmichael wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:the best team on merseyside are currently trailing behind those  international giants Thailand by  1-0   :D

and that's only the ladyboys XI.  :D

lmfao  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:04 pm

stmichael wrote:.

"After a gruelling 11-hour flight the Blues were greeted by scores of Thai fans...."

Obviously, in the blue world of the Liverpool Echo sports department, yes you can! Helpfully, the blue taint that runs throughout the Echo ensures that most of their sports journalists are Blue. And, like 99% of Blues, they are thick. So they helpfully provided some photographic evidence of the army. You can count them. I did. There are a grand total of 26. Yes, in Echospeak 26 supporters can be described as upto 100.

Just spoke to a mate in thailand ,he says the "army of 26 " supporters at that greeted everton where all emloyees of the Thai Beer Company ,they produce Chang beer .
Why does that name sound familiar   ???   :laugh:

Sad when the "best team on merseyside " has to put people on the payroll to get some support .  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:26 pm

I thought everyone in Thailand supported us anyway? I seem to recall the government tried to but us last season. Well, when you can't have Bollinger, I suppose you just have to look at Cava.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:02 pm

MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:10 pm

:laugh:  They are so rubbish!!! :laugh: :laugh:
I'm sure if teeratap (or whatever his name is) can cause them trouble, I'm sure Mori, Djibril, Milan and Crouch will have a whale of a time against "the best team in Merseyside" (yeah, if they re-drew the maps and decided that Merseyside's boundries should be just around Goodison park, leaving a foot on either side of the Stadium [if you can call it that] and even then they would find the competition stiff), infact, why don't we try and sign this guy and just play him for the derbys just to p!ss them off?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion