Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

United fan base

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 62

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:So far it seems we have one silent no - either genuine or something just having a laugh

Probably just a plss take.  Either that or Christian Poulsen is a silent member of newkit.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:So far it seems we have one silent no - either genuine or something just having a laugh

let's assuume it's genuine...

GET THE TORCHES AND START THE WITCH HUNT FOR THIS W@NKER!!!!

:D

Burn them !!!
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Very happy to see Dalglish back and its almost as if part of me passed through a time line when I saw him out there Sunday. Its nostalgic for older fans and yet for younger supporters equal to someone like Shanks returning in the early 80s for a second stint when I was younger. Amazing really. Thats all good and hopefully results will come with it but ofcourse no one should be fooled because if it goes very badly under Dagger that warm fuzzy feeling will quickly fade. Hate to say it but its true, if we bomb out big time, the dream will die and though he will always have massive respect for him, we wont want him as manager anymore and will be ushering him out the door!  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Parchpea makes a good point, but that is what makes great men great.  They aren't going to just rest on their laurels.  They step up to a challenge, that is what KK faces now and he's grabbing the bull by the horns and will do his best.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 pm

:laugh:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Looking around various forums and listening to phones on LFC and listening to pundits - is it a fair statement to say that after all the splits during the Rafa years and Hodgson years we as fans now seem unified a bit more since the appointment .

Everyone seems exciting if a little apprehensive about the appointment of Kenny and everyone now seems right behind the manager .

Am i thinking wrong ?

Does this show us the power of one man ?

Kenny was always thought off as prob our best ever player and a great manager but to unite the fans like he seems to have done ranks his influence alongside both Shanks and Sir Bob .

Now to elevate him further it would just be to have a tiny bit of success and then to carry on the job long time .

Is everyone glad to have him back ?

Yes or No

I dont think it could have worked out much better. If he had taken over when Benitez was sacked he would have struggled, no doubt. We would have had similar results due to the decline we were already in. In a wierd way Roy was the right man as he took the brunt of he sh'it and the anger of he fans. Now KK is here he can turn things round from the bad spell we knew we were going to have and use his positivity to get the best out of a bunch of players who have been performing way below their best.
Onward and upward
Thommo's perm

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Emerald Red wrote::laugh:

What's all that about?
LFC2007

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:19 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote::laugh:

What's all that about?

Has me confused as well
Benny The Noon

Postby roberto green » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Yes Yes Yes.......

When Kenny was speaking the other day he said even though he has been absent for 20 years he felt as soon as he got back in the dug out it felt like 5 minutes ago and it was the same for me, I was only 11 when he left and it is such a long time ago but seeing him back brings back all those childhood memories back and makes you realise how much the club has lost it's identity and special feeling since he's been away, Now all of the 5 mins he's been back he has brought all that back.

Kenny also brings instant respect and also one that the media know they can't get the better of because he will back the club, players and fans until the cows come home and he does it so effectively....

Kenny for you have the magic wand.

:)
roberto green

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:41 pm

He's only been at the helm a wet weekend, FFS. :laugh:

If we're sitting 14th in a few weeks time, the knives will be out again, no doubt.

Everton will be BIG game. We should concentrate on that.
tonyeh

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:59 pm

So is that a yes or no your glad to have him back as manager .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 am

I voted yes. Just his presence alone lifts players and fans. Imagine him walking out onto training or into the dugout before a game, instant motivation. The players know who he is, what he's done so I can see them busting a gut for him. Ok we lost on the weekend but it was a spirited performance and you could see the players looked hungry. And he hadn't even taken a training session then! Mark my words we will do well under Kenny. The next important thing is getting in a few fresh faces.

Am so glad he got the job though, in truth he should have gotten it in the summer but whats done is done.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:45 am

I voted yes, he is unifying the fans and I genuinely think that he can get results especially now that we also have Steve Clarke on board.
worcester_red

Postby red_guy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:35 am

Voted Yes. Very happy right now.  :buttrock
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 am

Yes with reservations.
I certainly wouldnt have wanted him to take over at start of the season while Hicks and Co still had their talons in the beloved Liverbird but I didnt see a need for change of manager anyway

However though with Roy's failure to steady the ship this season, this was perfect time and perfect missoin for his return .
Like Bad Bob remarked with same sort of good vibe feeling with return of Robbie its hard to  quantify the benefits.
I was made up when God came back but I didnt expect him to be a 20 goal a season and be here for another five years
Same way I dont expect Kenny to wave a magic wand and our problems disappear overnight, the players and NESV investment is going to have play its part but you never playdown the benefits of good morale.

One big bonus for me with his return is IMO politically NESV if they do replace him will need to do so with a quality manager or at very least up and coming with a great pedigree or there will be hell to pay.
That could end up being King's lasting legacy to the club
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion